PDA

View Full Version : WRCA 2011/12 Indoor Dates

peetbee
13-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Nearly there so want to start getting dates in your diaries!
I'll update this as soon as Cobra can confirm appropriate date for their round:

Venues: (click on name of club for more details)
Round 1 - Swansea (http://www.swansearc.co.uk/) - 13th November
Round 2 - Caldicot (www.caldicotrcracers.co.uk) - 18th December
Round 3 - COBRA (http://www.swmcrc.co.uk/index.php) - 22nd January
Round 4 - WORM (http://www.uk-microrc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=222) - 19th February - Micro Only

Classes:
The following classes will run - subject to a minimum entry of 6 cars:
1/10 2wd
1/10 4wd
1/10 Vintage (cars manufactured prior to 1994)*
1/10 Trucks (stadium & short course)
1/16 4wd*
1/18 4wd*
Micro 2wd*
Rallycross (1/10 & 1/16 rally cars - will use the same track as the rest of the classes)

*classes may be combined with other comparable classes if insufficient numbers

It is the responsibility of the drivers entering multiple classes (not the host club) to organise substitute marshals if required

I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys the racing :thumbsup:

jaysllim
13-10-2011, 10:39 PM
As I said in the other post I hope that all venues and rostrums are going to be wheelchair freindly....................................here's to hoping any way

Pops
13-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Nice to se the dates up:thumbsup: Dont eat all the pot noodles youself this time Pete!!;)
Jay, I read your other post and know Chris on wheels would also like wheelchair access. As i am not directly involved with any club or wrca all i can offer is my services/tools/time to help build said ramp. HTH

peetbee
13-10-2011, 11:34 PM
James, Dave Jackson did talk to me the other week about Cobra borrowing Caldi's rostrum blocks and ramp, so we'll see what can be done.

millzy
13-10-2011, 11:48 PM
And the other clubs, I take it those involved are looking into this??

maybe a word from there representatives to clarify

On a separate note i take it the championship will adapt to any new rules put in place at the AGM- The AGM of course can not happen until after the BRCA AGM in November.

I did bring up the rules / proposed changes in another thread but got told the AGM was the best place for this and not an online forum.

peetbee
14-10-2011, 01:47 AM
Chris, I have emailed the other clubs about access.
If there are any specific rule changes agreed at AGM for indoors then they will be applied accordingly.

DCM
14-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I don't think you should be changing rules for a set championship once it is started.

Disabled access, maybe the WRCA could invest in some ramps?

AGM, is there a thread yet, if not, I will create one.

millzy
14-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Pete
Thank you for contacting the other club, really appreciate it.
I didn’t mean for it to sound as if the responsibility was yours. Personally I think its good of you to organise another year of Indoor championship racing, I can see a lot of hard work has been put in try to cater for all Classes and arranging with other clubs there preferred date.

We need more people like you in the WRCA

I am very much looking forward to some good close indoor racing, if the past few Months at club are anything to go by its going to be very close in 2wd- and I love it.

On a separate note:

It would be nice for the clubs to update with there position on disabled access, I know James wants to compete and I can not see any reason why he cant- We have spoke to Chris Hardesly on this and it is my understating that clubs have to provide disabled access to the rostrum as the BRCA states that R/C racing is open to all

We will be sending a letter to all the Clubs chairmen stating James wish to enter the Indoor /outdoor championship as we feel prior noticed should be given to the Clubs as well as a response to James stating there position on the disabled access, We do not want to turn up and find we can not enter.

In no way is this to put pressure on the clubs , We appreciated the effort that will be required , all we ask is advance notice of any issue that may prevent James from racing. Some issues may be out of the clubs control and that is fully understandable.

Personally I feel issues like this should be brought up and discussed with the WRCA driver rep, Unforchanety we do not have one at present .This is not a swipe at our organisation, but when issues involving individual drivers arise to Highlights why the position is required

jaysllim
14-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Uuuuummmmmmmmmmm.............ye wa he said lol

On a more serious note chris is right I do understand how much work will have to go into the ramps, although caldy have in the past always meet and exceeded my expextations with helping me get up on the rostrum and at one point I couldnt see a part of the track so they raised me up so I could see it. I notice the last couple of times they have built the tracks with me and chris in mind as to wa we can and cant see.so all I can say is thank you to all at caldy who have helped. And hope all the other clubs take note.

But chris is right we have spoke to chris hardesly and had an email back stating the postion of the brca,i belive a couple of people have already seen itt but if anybody does wana see it ill glady let them have a read.to be honest its not the indoors Im worried about but the outdoors to be honest. But cross tha bridge when it comes around.

In the regards of giving notice I agreed with dad tha I wouldnt enter this years outdoor series as it would be very unfair on the clubs to just show up and expect them to have away of getting me up on a rostrum.but I said that I will be doing the indoor series.so in my mind prior notice has been given now.

I no when I spoke to chris up at caldy just before caldy had there outdoor regional about racing in it he told me nither him nor me could coz we couldnt get up on the rostrum, and in all he was dissappointed as was I now im not speaking for chris when I say that but all I ask is to put urselfs in our shoes (wheels lol).

Sorry its so long had abit to say bought this matter

DCM
14-10-2011, 03:54 PM
What the clubs really need, is some guidance as to what is safe for wheelchair access. The last thing clubs will want to do, is make a ramp/rostrum to find that it isn't safe or within regulations as to ramp angle etc. So Jay, if you can find out what is safe, or point us to some guidelines, then clubs ca look to incorporate disabled access.

axeman
14-10-2011, 04:48 PM
is there a charity/ organisation that can help out with this?

I know disabled people get funding for other sporting activites

or could we just stick 6ft hydrolics to your wheels??

peetbee
15-10-2011, 12:13 AM
I no when I spoke to chris up at caldy just before caldy had there outdoor regional about racing in it he told me nither him nor me could coz we couldnt get up on the rostrum, and in all he was dissappointed as was I now im not speaking for chris when I say that but all I ask is to put urselfs in our shoes (wheels lol).

Just wanted to add that we had many discussions about how we could sort the rostrum out for Chris and yourself at our regional, unfortunately it wasn't possible (mainly down to the layout of the ground and it not being a permanent venue) but we did try to come up with something, the main concern that we had was safety as some of the potential solutions just wouldn't have been safe.
We will do our best in the future and we are looking at alternative venues too.

jaysllim
15-10-2011, 12:26 AM
We will do our best in the future and we are looking at alternative venues too.

and thats all i can ask for,at first i didnt really know ywe couldnt race but craid and some other members of the club explained why we couldnt and now u have aswell i totally understand,but as i say i cant ask more than the help ur alread giving me.

peetbee
28-10-2011, 02:11 PM
So only a couple of weeks til the first round in Swansea:thumbsup:

Hope you're all looking forward to some fun racing without having to worry about the weather!

Wonder how many people will be trying out new cars in this round?!

peetbee
28-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I've also added the details to the news section on www.wrca.org.uk (http://www.wrca.org.uk)
:D

Jamie.T
02-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Has COBRA confirmed a date as yet?

i4n
02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
We're still talking it over Jamie, settling into the new venue etc. etc.

We'll come up with a decision soon.

Ian

peetbee
28-11-2011, 03:48 PM
So Swansea have held the first round succesfully and next month sees Caldicot's turn!
Watch this space for booking in details :D

peetbee
28-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Booking In - We will be trialling the new central booking system on the WRCA website, so please head over to www.WRCA.org.uk and get yourselves booked in! :thumbsup:

JACKOR33
28-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Good work pete :thumbsup:

axeman
29-11-2011, 08:08 AM
all booked in.

loved the reading of the minutes

So who is the nitro ref comming down?????

peetbee
29-11-2011, 09:06 AM
all booked in.

:thumbsup: Glad it worked!

loved the reading of the minutes

So who is the nitro ref comming down?????
:confused: I R confused Steve?

axeman
29-11-2011, 05:01 PM
sorry this one...

3) Referee – This is key to fair racing and marshalling, again links to first proposal.
Decision: Agreed – However, referee needs to be someone not racing to be impartial – volunteers welcomed for this position.

So we are looking for a ref

1. who is going togo to the race meetings not to race.
2. impartial so not related to any of the racers.

I thought the reffing went well at swansea. it was simple you didn't ref your own class....

although I have no real input on this as I didn't attend the meeting, I am a beleiver is somthing isn't broke don't fix it.

DCM
29-11-2011, 05:09 PM
It has to be someone who can ref all heats, so decisions are consistent through the day, but this isn't the thread or place to discuss it.

axeman
29-11-2011, 09:02 PM
but this isn't the thread or place to discuss it.

where is??:confused:

Pops
29-11-2011, 10:00 PM
where is??:confused:

my house on the next full moon axe:lol::lol:

axeman
29-11-2011, 10:20 PM
It's a date big boy

jaysllim
30-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Whats the cut off date for the booking in because i got my minor back op on the monday before but dnt no if ill b able to enter untill after iv had the op

peetbee
30-11-2011, 12:39 AM
The cutoff is Thursday lunchtime of that week - gives me chance to get the heat list sorted prior to the event!

jaysllim
30-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Kul thanks pete

peetbee
30-11-2011, 09:19 AM
No worries Jay, hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Just to add, it will be possible to enter after the cutoff, but there are two things to note: (this isn't aimed at Jay by the way, it's for everyone!)
1) You run the risk of being lumped into the bottom heat as heats will already be sorted
2) at the wrca agm it was voted in that any entries received after the cutoff will pay a £2 surcharge - this is designed to discourage entries on the day or after cutoff, and therefore to cut down the time it takes to get up and running on the day.

Anyway, keep those entries coming in, the central booking seems to be working well so far! This will be used for all WRCA events in the future so register now!

DCM
30-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Also guys, it is far better if your not sure, to enter and then cancel, than to turn up in the morning and have to be inserted...

peetbee
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
COBRA date announced today as 22nd January 2012:thumbsup:

Events on www.WRCA.org.uk (http://www.WRCA.org.uk) updated to include both COBRA and WORM rounds - get booked into all 3 remaining rounds!

peetbee
31-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Results are now on website, together with current standings :D

Jamie.T
31-12-2011, 12:23 AM
In regards to scoring points, I thought you had to be a WRCA member to count in the championship?

axeman
31-12-2011, 09:13 AM
just a member of a wrca club jamie,

Jamie.T
31-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Cheers Steve, looks like the table needs re-doing as there are several names there of racers who arent a member of a wrca club.

peetbee
31-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Tables need revising anyway as I've just been told that there was a B final for the micros at
Swansea - need to get those results from Swansea and sort it all out

Jamie.T
31-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Ill check in a bit Pete and see if I've got the Swansea results here and if so ill e-mail them across. In the meantime can you pm me your email. Cheers.

Jamie.T
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Pete and anybody else who wants the days results, they are available here http://www.swansearc.co.uk/results_folder/wrca/Indoor2011/

This now includes the missing micro B final.

peetbee
02-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Thanks Jamie, will update the table with the missing micro drivers!
Just to clarify that points can be scored by anyone racing in this series, it's not restricted to members of welsh clubs.

Jamie.T
02-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks Jamie, will update the table with the missing micro drivers!
Just to clarify that points can be scored by anyone racing in this series, it's not restricted to members of welsh clubs.

Ok, so whats the reason we all pay WRCA membership each year to our club for? I always thought this was to allow eligability to score in the WRCA series?

jaffacake
02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
SCRAP THE WRCA its a bloody embarrassement
Steve Morgan.

peetbee
02-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Wow, thanks for your ringing endorsement there Steve, nice to be appreciated :woot:
Having only joined the WRCA committee at the last AGM, I am happy to receive constructive criticism so that I can work to improve the WRCA for all racers.

The only funds that the WRCA receives from clubs is £1 per full price entrant into a WRCA 'sanctioned' event - this money is then used to purchase end of season trophies, website fees
(NB: the WRCA had been waiting on this money from the clubs before purchases of trophies could be made, in one club's case it had dated back to 2010, I understand that they have all now paid and trophies have been ordered)

Are we as a region really looking to say to people, feel free to come and race with us and support our series in terms of entrants, but you aren't welcome to score points?
If you really want to discuss this further please PM me with your number and I'll happily give you a call to have a chat about it (& no I won't be reimbursed by the WRCA)

jaffacake
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
By all meens p.m on route Pete

DCM
03-01-2012, 07:16 AM
As I understand it, clubs haven't paid WRCA fee's for years and, as Pete has said, a Levvy of £1 per person per WRCA sanctioned meeting (and that is a £1 if you do 1 or 10 classes). This is then up to the WRCA how it spends it, which is voted on at the AGM.

When it comes to entrants from other regions, in the summer 10th off-road series, if they are racing in two regions, they must nominate where they are going to obtain their licence from, and thats it.

Jamie.T
03-01-2012, 11:30 AM
As I understand it, clubs haven't paid WRCA fee's for years and, as Pete has said, a Levvy of £1 per person per WRCA sanctioned meeting (and that is a £1 if you do 1 or 10 classes). This is then up to the WRCA how it spends it, which is voted on at the AGM.

When it comes to entrants from other regions, in the summer 10th off-road series, if they are racing in two regions, they must nominate where they are going to obtain their licence from, and thats it.

If clubs havent paid it, but yet are charging it, what is the money for then?

I know that isnt a fault of the WRCA, but if in our club membership we pay WRCA membership, surely this is to make us eligable to score points in the WRCA championship.

If you dont belong to the WRCA whether it be direct or via your club, then no you shouldnt score points. If that's the case why should all us racers who belong to Welsh clubs pay our WRCA membership if you can still score without paying it.

I know its only £1-2 a year but its the principal of it.

DCM
03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
erm, you pay per meeting Jamie, not when you join your local club, it has been that way for a few years. No club should be paying an 'affiliation fee' if I remember correctly, affiliation is free, you only pay a fee per driver when you hold a regional.

All I know is, COBRA is fully up to date with it's WRCA fee's.

peetbee
03-01-2012, 11:49 AM
That's something you need to take up with the club Jamie. It's not the WRCA that are charging it and the WRCA don't receive it either! The WRCA does not charge clubs to be part of the region.

Anyone entering a WRCA 'sanctioned' event pays £1 to the WRCA as part of their entry fee into that event, they are therefore eligible for points. As previously stated this is used to fund the trophies and cover admin costs.

In respect to the summer regionals any BRCA member is entitled to race in any region to obtain a licence grade (provided they do not also score points in another region) so we wouldn't be able to exclude them from the points.

Belsten
03-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Yup Steve is right, as I normally compete in more than one region during the summer, I have to nominate which region I score points in. My understanding is that it is to do with licence gradings and the end of season regional championship

Ian F
03-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Unless it changed at the last agm the club pays £20 to join the wrca and then£1 per full paying entrant

DCM
03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Nope Ian, it changed a few years ago, don't ask me when, I just know it did.

peetbee
03-01-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't know when either, but it was at least 3 years ago

Ian F
03-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh, I'll have to ask for a refund on behalf of the club as we paid £20 plus £1 per head, the best place to look is on the wrca balance sheet that the treasure brings to the agm

GRIFF55
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I remember that being discussed in the club Ian. We paid up!:o

peetbee
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I'll see what I can find out guys. Was it paid at the same time as a race meeting? If so that could explain why nothing was said at the time.

Ian F
03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Money was all paid together at the AGM, there was our club and a few others that gave cheques to paul

peetbee
03-01-2012, 09:27 PM
2010 agm then? Will look into it Ian

DCM
03-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Not to sure what year, might of even been before.... Pete will find out!

peetbee
04-01-2012, 12:23 AM
Right, have updated the standings with the points from the 'missing' micro final on the WRCA site

Will start looking into the other things now and much like my RC driving, I may not be the fastest out there but I'm persistent and will get there in the end! :woot:

Ian F
04-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes 06/11/2010

peetbee
04-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks Ian

Ian F
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Found the balance sheet for 10/12/09 to 07/11/2010, there is an affiliation fee for each club of £20 then a levvy of £1 per entry for the meetings held, if you want a copy give me your email address and I will send you a copy

peetbee
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
You have a pm Ian :)