PDA

View Full Version : Fs2 yellow front springs

traffman
16-10-2011, 01:17 AM
I have purchased a set of Big bores and i was trying to figure out what spring is similar to the yellow fronts on the fs2?

any help is mucho appreciated.

RogerM
16-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Sadly nothing in the in the X-gear range is that stiff (not even the new Orange)

You want to be looking at something like a Losi silver if you want the car to feel like it did when running #65 yellow fronts on the standard shocks.
I usually ran #70 silver fronts and settled on the Losi Green as an equivalent.
Nick Caro has settled on a Yokomo green front spring which is similar to a Losi Blue which also works great and gives a very direct front end.

I personally would recommend starting with X-gear red rear springs (similar spring from Losi is the Pink if your interested) as this is what I think the majority have settled on as a "base" starting spring.

traffman
16-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks , i will check the Losi jobs out.

/tobys
16-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I've found the Losi Pinks to be slightly firmer than the Kyosho Red's. Having said that, each has their place...I've run the K Red's at RHR in preference to the Losi Pink, yet the Losi Pink I find to be better around Broxtowe.

I also have run the Yokomo Green and find these to be similar to the Losi Blue, with the Losi Black being slightly stiffer. I tend to use either the Y Green or Losi Black on the Front. I have no Kyosho Front Springs as I have not yet found anywhere I would want to run softer than Losi Blue.

Pedros20
16-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Just out of interest, I run the Kyosho golds on rear of my car, what are they similar to Losi wise?

RogerM
17-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Not sure off the top of my head and don't have my chart with me, I'll post up later when I have it.