PDA

View Full Version : Final Winter Series Round - 2 March

MattADH
19-02-2008, 09:44 AM
Just to let you all know that the burger van caught fire last Sunday at 7am when a faulty timer inside kicked in and set the unit alight! I am sure that some of you who are reading this are actually glad to see the van go up as their tea was sometimes not the best that you have ever had and I can confirm this from my own experience!!!

This means that it is unlikely that there will be any hot food or drinks available at the final round of our Winter Warmer series on 2 March. The bar in the main clubhouse will be open from midday for cold drinks and bar snacks, but this is very limited. Our apologies for this as clearly this is something that we didn’t bargain for.
With the football season coming to end shortly, we are unsure of what the club owners will do in the future and this is of particular concern for the National but we will of course keep everyone updated and book external caterers if necessary.

MattADH
25-02-2008, 11:00 AM
It has been confirmed by the Sports and Social Club that their outdoor catering wagon wont be used again - instead it is going to be repaired and used for storage of football equipment.
They plan to invest in a dedicated catering trailer though that will be stored around the back of the venue and then brought out for events. Naturally, this wont be for this Sunday, so we have taken the decision to do it ourselves. We are going to offer tea, coffee, soup and hot chocolate, then on the food side, toasted sandwiches, chocolate, crisps, and possibly cakes/brownies for those of you who want something to go with a nice cup of tea. So for once, don't bring any food with you as all proceeds from the food will go back into the club/track!

We are starting to build up some great prizes once again to give away in our regular raffle so bring your spare cash.

Finally, we are going to try and get a compressor to use this Sunday. For a small donation, you will be able to use the air line to dust off the cars.

If anyone needs more information or wants to come down, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cant drive Andy
26-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Do you need a kettle, i mean im sure you have one but would you like another and a sandwich toaster for sunday?

mw02veg
26-02-2008, 06:16 PM
oooooo ham and cheese toasties!!!! :thumbsup:

martboy21
26-02-2008, 07:50 PM
cheese and ketchup!!!thats nicer

martboy21
26-02-2008, 07:52 PM
stupid question but can we bring our own beers or will landlord get the hump,also my old fridge freezer is going in the bin,you could put it down in race control etc and leave it there if you want?

its running maxamps lipos and a lrp brushless system as the cooling engine,he he

MattADH
27-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Do you need a kettle, i mean im sure you have one but would you like another and a sandwich toaster for sunday?

Hi Andy

We are going to 'borrow' the urn from work but a sandwich toaster would be great! If you can bring it down on Saturday, that would help too...

How are you getting on with the Google Earth drawing of the venue?
If you don't mind printing off about ten copies of the one you did of the track, then Steve and I can plan for marshal points and mark up layouts.

Thanks

MattADH
27-02-2008, 09:03 AM
stupid question but can we bring our own beers or will landlord get the hump,also my old fridge freezer is going in the bin,you could put it down in race control etc and leave it there if you want?

its running maxamps lipos and a lrp brushless system as the cooling engine,he he

Hi Martin

Thanks for the offer off the fridge/freezer but the mains power only gets switched on for race day. If it was a small fridge, then that would have been OK but I think that we will have to let you throw the fridge/freezer away

Bringing your own food and drink is tolerated by the Sports and Social Club. Obviously we are not going to be offering anything that could upset them or conflict with what is on offer in their bar. Discretion is always a advised so please this in mind...

David Church
27-02-2008, 08:30 PM
As mentioned there is a MEGA Raffle this Sunday!!! With real proper prises this time. So be ready all you lot, I will be on the prowel as usual!!!:thumbsup:

Southwell
27-02-2008, 08:33 PM
What times it starting? Me and Trish are coming.

David Church
27-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Racing will start at 10am, you can arrive as early as you want, the track should be open for practise about 8am.
Bring money for the raffle!!!!!!!!:woot:

Southwell
27-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Money? Whats that? :thumbdown::p

jim76
27-02-2008, 09:29 PM
you mean better than my shiny new Xray hauler from last time DC?

niggs98
27-02-2008, 09:35 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i may have to mug you for that :D

you mean better than my shiny new Xray hauler from last time DC?

jim76
27-02-2008, 10:18 PM
ha ha! no chance, i'll leave it at home! but you may be getting that cider i owe you!

niggs98
27-02-2008, 10:23 PM
lmao good lad. my x6 will still be there for you to have a play with as well ;)

MattADH
29-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Seeing as it is a subject that we are all fond of, we have finalised what food and drinks we will be offering just so you can leave a packed lunch at home and help us at the club.

Drinks:
Pepsi
Diet Coke
7UP
Tango (orange)
tea
coffee
soup
hot chocolate

Food:
chocolate muffins
Twix
Mars
Kit Kat
toasted ham/cheese sandwiches
hot dogs
slices of homemade cake
crisps
apples

Drinks should be available from 8am and we will be making regular announcements with regard to food, etc,

We will be basing the catering in the scrutineering building which will be shared with Roger who will be keeping you all on your toes with transponders...

Finally, don't forget the raffle - I cant wait to see the prizes that DC has got lined up!!!

mw02veg
29-02-2008, 06:54 PM
on the a la carte menu i see ham and cheese toasties made it! just wanna place my order for 2 at 11 0'clock thank u :thumbsup:

mw02veg
01-03-2008, 08:44 PM
weathers been booked nice sunny day :D hopefully this will interest a few new face and be a very compeditive meeting. well ive gotta hold off the big E for the 2wd overall ill do my best boss lol. see u all 2mora :thumbsup:
cheers grant

David Church
02-03-2008, 06:44 PM
The best day's racing yet at EPR!!! The track was dry from the start and many good drivers came to visit today. Ended up in the 'B' final, but what fun I had with Alex Brayshaw!!!! Bonsai!!!!!!!!! haha
The raffle was a great success, we have raised alot of money, much thanks to all that took part!!!!! And I enjoyed commentating today:thumbsup:

trekkerkk
02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
here here it was a great days racing:thumbsup:
first off many winter warmer series,
the grip level took some getting used to,but was nice and consistent,
thanks to all who helped food race control prep etc...
now im going to collapse in a heep im very tired:thumbsup:

trekkker

Southwell
02-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Great day guys, you all did a superb job, had a good laugh!
I think my car may be a tad quick though. :thumbsup:

mw02veg
02-03-2008, 08:01 PM
ham and cheese toaties were the bomb!! :thumbsup:

jim76
03-03-2008, 04:02 PM
good day yesterday, nice dry track, food was ace and DC's raffle was ace as usual!

oh, but my driving sucked.

martboy21
03-03-2008, 08:13 PM
whens the results being listed,wanna know if i beat andy and jon he he!!

Southwell
03-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Any pics?

brookie
03-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Will be producing final championship tables tomorrow, so should be up on the website in a couple fo days. We'll obviously let you know on here.

Will be seeing Matt tomorrow PM so will download the photo's I took, sure he'll post something then!

Thanks to all the fantastic support we've received during the series and at EPR to date generally. From Sponsors and supporters both within the RC trade and outside, the Saturday track crew (you all know who you are!), relatives both young and old (especially all those in Scrutineering on Sunday!) and, oh yeah, all you lot, the drivers, we couldn't have done it without you!

Watch this space, there's more developements on the way and some exciting times on the race track what with the Regionals, National and maybe one or two surprises still under discussion!

abray
04-03-2008, 09:56 PM
These are now both loaded on the site. Well done to Ellis and Nathan and all those who took part over the Winter. We look foward to seeing you all back at EPR during the 2008 racing season. I think we're edging closer to making this place even better than before.

Thanks,
Alex

Southwell
05-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I think we're edging closer to making this place even better than before.

Thanks,
Alex

Honistly, i think everyone has already surpassed what EPO used to be like, the track is pretty much like i remember it but nice touches like the fencing and race control make the area better. :thumbsup:

MattADH
05-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for your kind words guys.

Dont forget that we will be open for free practice during 5-6 April. We will be working around the track but will happily take your money off you.