PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4S

mikeyscott
22-10-2011, 08:39 AM
So has anyone upgraded from a 3GS to 4s?

JohnM
22-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Yep:thumbsup:

Much faster then my old 3Gs at loading apps and the net, screen and camera are really, really good.

Seems to get a better signal then I had been getting.

The little speakers are now louder, so watching vids is easier without ear phones in.

iOS 5 seems to be a worthwhile update, actually seems to have changed the way somethings work unlike a few of the other updates.

Dead happy with it so far, only negative ish thing I can say is, it's the first time I've gone from an iPhone, to an iPhone, so once you've synced it with itunes, you have the same contacts, music, apps, vids etc, straight away, none of the old days of sitting there adding new stuff before you could use it:lol:

mikeyscott
22-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Ok thanks for the info. I am with Vodafone out of contract. Plan to purchase out right as longer term it'll be cheaper.

Pending work stuff will determine when I can consider one.

Ios5 on my 3GS is much slower. Do like the notification centre though

MattW
22-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Yeah i'd say john has it about right. I went from 3GS to 4S.

There isn't one big thing that's better, it's just a little better all round. biggest thing is the speed increase in both web connection and general app running.

tony12795
22-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I have just gone from the 4 to the 4S and would say it is slightly faster and the ariel has been moved (i think) But the battery life is really really bad compaired to the 4 which was bad anyway.

So I would say to anyone that is thinking of upgrading from the 3G to the 4S defo worth it, but I say to people thinging of going from the 4 to 4S dont bother just update to OS-5.........

Tony

LewisStrong
22-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I have just gone from the 4 to the 4S and would say it is slightly faster and the ariel has been moved (i think) But the battery life is really really bad compaired to the 4 which was bad anyway.

So I would say to anyone that is thinking of upgrading from the 3G to the 4S defo worth it, but I say to people thinging of going from the 4 to 4S dont bother just update to OS-5.........

Tony

The 4S now has 2 ariels which is why its alot better signal then the 4, and it now has 2 core processor so again double the speed etc.

I wouldn't advise updating to IOS 5, I updated mine few days ago and have had nothing but trouble, Sound keeps working then not, Frozen several times and shut itself off or comes back too life after a little bit of time, iCloud isnt working and cant get it too sync now. I know 2 other friends who have experienced similar problems, Also the bbc do have a similar article on their website with by the sounds of it alot of complaints. But I do believe the problems with the update from the 4, Not if you were to get the 4S.

tony12795
22-10-2011, 12:32 PM
I not had any issues with OS-5 but would say stay away from the iCloud I had nothing but problems.

Tony

JohnM
22-10-2011, 01:10 PM
I updated my old 3Gs which the wife now has, to OS 5, can't say there has been any problems since doing it.

Not using iCloud, but we are getting notes writen on one phone, appearing on the other as well, no secrets now!

Can't say that I find the battery life on the 4s poor at all.

mikeyscott
22-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I was thinking of a clean restore and then re sync apps that I want etc. I.e. ios5 on it like it was new

Ross
22-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Ive updated my 3GS to IOS5 and its fine, the 3GS isnt the quickest phone anyway :D

budgio
22-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Sticking with my iphone4 for now. Also thinking of switching to Giffgaff payg as my contract has just expired.