PDA

View Full Version : Shock shaft help required please

rcmodelweek
23-10-2011, 05:59 PM
After breaking a front shock shaft on my B44.1 a couple of weeks ago, and not having any spare shafts in my box (had to borrow one to keep me going for the day), I decided to purchase some to keep in my spares box. However, when ordering them on line I assumed they came as pairs, but this is not the case. They seem to be a very vunerable design with the threaded part being smaller diameter than the actual shaft. I have heard it is possible to fit Losi items which are the same diameter all the way to the end of the thread? If this is the case can anyone advise me on which shafts and ball ends I need to change mine to Losi items, and if I need to alter anything else, ie do I need to shim the shaft inside the shock body if the shafts are a slightly different length?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Barry

Steven Forster
23-10-2011, 09:41 PM
This is a tip what ive used and works........

Use a B4 silver .71 front shock shaft

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/24555/

They are a lot stronger than the brittle gold shock shafts........

Dont fit the spacer under the piston, then wind the shock bottom on tight then back it off 2 threads to give you the same length as as B44 .80 shaft...............job done ;)

:thumbsup:

rcmodelweek
24-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the advice mate, I'll get the shafts on order and give it a go. Ive heard a few people say the gold shafts seem to break often, plus when one does break, it normally leaves the threaded part in the ball end, which also need to be replaced!