POST OR PM ME

Gazza
27-10-2011, 05:58 PM
FOR THE PROPOSED BRCA SECTION
2011 MARDAVE CIRCUIT CAR
CONSTRUCTION RULES

CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION RULES
Cars to be Mardave V12/ V12CE chassis and suspension. No Carbon Fiber chassis allowed
Ball races allowed on both front and rear axles.
Either 32 or 48 dp pinion and spur gear may be used.
Mardave Differentials will be allowed. V20 & V20a wheel carriers & Gears are allowed.
Car suspension and wheel carriers shall remain as kit although any commercially available springs may be used.
The use of countersunk holes and screws on the underside of the chassis are recommended but not mandatory.
Body mounts may be changed or altered.
Battery mountings may be changed from original.
Wiper board mounting plate may be changed, altered or removed.
The motor may be fitted to either side of the pod, either directly or via a spacer/plate(to prevent heat transfer and softening of the blocks, or for weight distribution) providing that there are no alterations to the mounting blocks.(drilling of a hole for access to pinion grub screw and/or addition of tie bar to prevent distortion are permissible) Mardave alloy pod may be used.
No external bumpers are permitted, although a firm foam internal bumper is mandatory on the front.
(10mm minimum cross section)
Any make of servo, servo saver or track rod ends may be used on the cars steering system.
Heatsinks with cooling fans are allowed.
Plastic whip aerials are allowed but not metal whip aerials or rollover masts

BODYSHELL

Only the following Mardave Lexan shells may be used for the time being although more shells will be added when approved.
V113L Porsche
V131 GT2
V140 Lotus GT1
V155 Ascari GT3
The shell must remain securely fixed to the car throughout the race.
No supplementary aerofoils or fins shall be fitted to the body with the exception of a realistic size rear wing if desirable.
This wing must be non metallic, commercially available and securely fixed. The body shell can be decorated to suit the individuals taste providing all coatings are of a permanent nature.
The rear of the body shell should remain intact, i.e. not cut-out above the lower bumper line.

ELECTRICS STANDARD BRUSHED

Any type, make and capacity of speed controller may be used providing it includes reverse.
(MAX UK r.r.p. £69.99)
Cars to use four cells only, cells to be sub-C sized cells only, with a nominal voltage of 1.2 volts per cell, cells to be NiCad and Nimh only.
Battery mountings may be changed from the original.
Brushed Motors will be the Mardave G2 (2010) unit; No other motors are allowed.
Commercially available comm. drops may be applied to the motor commutator.
Under no circumstances are fan motors, re-buildable motors, fitting of external bearings or skimming of motor commutators allowed.

BRUSHLESS

13.5 / 1s Lipo Only forward / reverse Brushless ESC’s with NO TURBO or BOOST or ‘on the fly’ timing advance function from the following list may be used:-

OR

BRUSHLESS

13.5 / 1s Lipo Any forward & reverse Brushless ESC may be used. ESC’s with TURBO or BOOST or ‘on the fly’ timing advance MUST run with BLINKY mode activated.(these will be checked fully on the day)

Fusion: - Exceed (Sport, Race, Pro)
Castle Creations: - Mamba Max Pro.
LRP :- A.I Brushless Reverse, Ai Brushless Pro Reverse, SPX Brushless Reverse, SPX Brushless Bullet - Reverse.
Nosram : - Evil Reverse, Evil Power Reverse, Matrix Brushless Reverse, Matrix Power Brushless Reverse
Novak : - GTB (GTB 4 Cell, GTB, GTB Spectrum) GTB2, Havoc 1 Cell, Havoc Sport.
Tekin :- R1(sensorless)
Other suitable ESC’s may be added from time to time

NOTE: -

Please make your own checks on compatibility with regards to reverse function and 1s lipo use. A voltage booster may be required in most cases. Cars to use 1s Lipo 3.7 volt batteries or 3cell Nimh 3.6 volt Brushless motors to have a minimum of 13.5 turns and a maximum UK r.r.p. of £65.00. Below is a list of approved motors. Others may be added as they become available.
Fusion Exceed £64.99
LRP Eraser £42.99
LRP Vector K4 £56.99 (New Range)
Losi Xcelorin £59.99 (One large mail order shop is not stocking as discontinued)
Hpi Flux Pro £64.98
Hobbywing £54.95
Team Powers Superlite £34.99
Team Powers plutonium £54.99
Hacker E40 £64.99
Nosram Dragon £???? (discontinued as above - Modelsportuk)
Speed Passion Sportsman 2.0 £44.99
Team Powers plutonium £54.99
Fitting of additional bearings to support the motor shaft are allowed.

TYRES

The tyres may be changed from the original kit tires Tires to be Min 20mm Max 26mm width and have a Max 60mm diameter. No minimum diameter for tires, but the tire must cover the wheel. Any foam tire make or compound allowed. Any commercially available tire additive from the BRCA list may be used and any excess is removed from the surface of the tires and tires to be ‘Touch Dry’ prior to putting on track

GENERAL SETUP

Minimum car ride height will be no lower than 3mm, 1mm at the spur gear. Minimum car weight is 950g.
PLEASE NOTE Any car not conforming to the above rules may still be allowed to race but will be placed in lower heats/finals and will NOT gain any championship points. In the event of entries being restricted,
preference will be given to cars that fully comply with the rules. For drivers wishing to develop or modify cars, this should be done and tested at club level.

Paulnuneaton
27-10-2011, 08:27 PM
CHASSIS AND COMPONENTS
GENERAL CONSTRUCTION RULES
Cars to be Mardave V12/ V12CE chassis and suspension. No Carbon Fiber chassis allowed

why no carbon fiber chassis gazza then new chassis is a compersit so no diffrent from the new chassis that to is a compersit chassis. maybe this rule will hold the car back another 25 years:woot:

Gazza
27-10-2011, 11:37 PM
All depends how you look at it from a technical point of view as Aluminum is a composite so is GRP and Carbon

I think its to stop carbon chassis's of the £30 to £40 price limit I guess and I must admit a dave chassis costing £30 is wrong :thumbdown:

I personally have no problem with a Carbon chassis as long as its the same price as the Dave's GRP one :thumbsup:

But to be honest why do you / we want a Carbon one :confused:. . . is it because its a nice colour or its strength and to be honest after the way I crashed my dave at the week end due to servo fault I think a Carbon one costing £30 would NOT stand up to it.
We have all seen GT's and 12th cars de-laminate but the GRP one Mardave have is prety strong but if any company can produce a Carbon one for the same price as the Dave's GRP one then I have no problem my self with that what so ever :drool: in fact I would love to have one and test it but no way will I spend £30+ for a chassis

Its not holding it back at all the GRP one is a 1,000,000 times better than the AL13 one opps I mean the Ally one

Paulnuneaton
28-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Fair comment Gazza so if a diffrent chassis was avalible in grp would this also be allowed to run in this class that came within the price range

Gazza
28-10-2011, 12:56 PM
All those thinking about going to the AGM

DO NOT GO
I have just come off the phone with Jim Spencer and Russ Giles
Russ will be giving me a bit of a heads up and I will post for all to read there will be some rules posted on the BRCA site soon well by next week

So save the Journey dont go

Gazza

Gazza
28-10-2011, 07:57 PM
as promised a note from the 1/12th chairman

Hello Garry

As we discussed earlier on the phone, we will not be running a meeting at the forthcoming BRCA AGM to discuss the ‘Mardave circuit’ series that is running alongside the 1/12 nationals this year.

That series is now underway, a set of rules decided, it will run to these rules for the remainder of the season.

This is a new series, it needed a set of rules, these were created by Chris Wilkinson at Mardave. These will be used for this year’s championship as nothing else was available to me at the time the series was created.

Subsequent rules will be proposed and voted on by the BRCA membership as with any other class, but this will be done in the spring of next year, as 1/12 Circuit and Micro’s do, as these classes run their national series over the winter.

We will of course be available for discussion at some point during the day on Sunday.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Regards

Russ Giles

BRCA 1/12 Circuit Section Chairman