PDA

View Full Version : NEW TRACK LAYOUT

martin so16
29-10-2011, 03:50 PM
its been a long day hard work but the new track lay out is done first i would like to say thanks to the people who made it happen so thanks to

steve brown
dan brown
mike scott
al the northern monkey
hotrod chris

chris has some pics of new lay out the track is now 3m wide 2 table tops the sleeping policeman is still here you love it or hate it lol plus 3 new features 7 features in total the track has been tested and its fast and flows well so hope to see you all in the mornin for the first round of the winter series i wil be on site for seven :thumbsup:

hotrodchris
29-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Just a couple of photos looks awesome and Steve B Dan and Al managed to get round it in some good times roll on tomorrow!

mikeyscott
29-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys sorry couldn't stay longer. Think my worst were a bit fruitless anyway.

jpmatrix
29-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Just a couple of photos looks awesome and Steve B Dan and Al managed to get round it in some good times roll on tomorrow!

looks awesome.

would you say the track is slightly quicker now comparing to old layout?

Mind you, it looks like it might be wet tom morning.

Looking forward to it:thumbsup:

martin so16
29-10-2011, 07:32 PM
looks awesome.

would you say the track is slightly quicker now comparing to old layout?

Mind you, it looks like it might be wet tom morning.

Looking forward to it:thumbsup:

the track is longer now but its quicker on the pace but lap times are going to be longer but we are not talking much :thumbsup:

simoncrabb
29-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Hey! Do I spot an anti-clockwise track!/?!?

Hope so!

hotrodchris
29-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Couple more pics for you to ponder and discuss, yeah timing Steve B the lap time is slightly longer but so is the track length, looks awesome well done to Martin, Dan, Steve and the Torch crew should bring up some interesting tight racing in the morning.:thumbsup:

DHB
29-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Hey! Do I spot an anti-clockwise track!/?!?

Hope so!

Works both ways Simon, we have stuck to are original plan of trach that can run both ways. Its good whatever direction, very rewarding if you get it right.

simoncrabb
29-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Looks very interesting!

I'm personally not a lover of a hairpin at the end of a straight, so it looks like anti-clockwise may make for better racing? :-D

Good job guys, looking forward to getting out there.

TARTMAN
30-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Cheers guys, love the track, going the other way round was interesting to. Nice jumps and bends...........

Shame it was a rubbish day weather wise but made for some entertaining racing and grip was not bad IMO with all the drizzle. Once i got the tyres right. Ballistic was the ones as advised.

Great people made it a great day, even the leaky heavens didnt dampen my smile.

No breakages either, so must be doing something right, I know a few people cant say the same, Thats racing i guess.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jamiekerr14
30-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Track was brilliant love the new layout my only slight concern was the large table top. But that is being addressed so I hear. One thing I would mention, would it be possible to put up a little bit of fence at marshal point 9-I.E. Middle of the straight, as it could be a death trap for someone's shin? Just a slight area to maybe put up a small fence design to help protect that marshal and there shins!

Great day though, was a mixed one with me having elec gremlins-But oh well next time! And great to Lee making a appearance, and showing everyone how its done! :o

DragonRider
30-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Had a great days racing so would like to say a big thanks to the TORCH crew for putting on a great meeting despite the weather.

Friendly atmosphere and a great track. Loved the new design and the direction change. Bring on Round 2.

Cheers

Mark & Wesley

mikeyscott
30-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks guys

Results are online.

DHB
31-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback on new layout guys. Martin, myself and the team have a few tweeks that need addressing that we are aware off. Also we take on board any other concerns that you have like Jamies point he made which inportant to the Torch Crew. Hopefully by the next 2nd round it will spot on.

Cheers

Dan

TARTMAN
31-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback on new layout guys. Martin, myself and the team have a few tweeks that need addressing that we are aware off. Also we take on board any other concerns that you have like Jamies point he made which inportant to the Torch Crew. Hopefully by the next 2nd round it will spot on.

Cheers

Dan

The end of the strait, and near the end, the black hoses came apart a few times so maybe a better "barrier" at the end may be usefull? or some more pegs in the hoses.
The large/main jump seems to have a wobble at the top and myself a couple of times and many other seemed to get thrown off the top/drop, i know we need to drive better, but even a few top drives had a few stumbles that i noticed. Althou this is a very minor point.
But one more.
When the marshal point by the race control is being marshalled, can people walk BEHIND the marshal, not in front when coming to the rostrum, as a few times when i was marshalling there were cars coming past and really not a great idea if a car needs sorting and your in front of me, as i will push you out of the way rather quickly........ Not being rude, but it makes sence to walk behind the marshals not in front when the race is LIVE!
Just my thoughts...........

Happy Racing!!!!

AmiSMB
31-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Layout looks good great work TORCH. Looking forward to getting out there soon :)

DHB
31-10-2011, 08:54 PM
The end of the strait, and near the end, the black hoses came apart a few times so maybe a better "barrier" at the end may be usefull? or some more pegs in the hoses.
The large/main jump seems to have a wobble at the top and myself a couple of times and many other seemed to get thrown off the top/drop, i know we need to drive better, but even a few top drives had a few stumbles that i noticed. Althou this is a very minor point.
But one more.
When the marshal point by the race control is being marshalled, can people walk BEHIND the marshal, not in front when coming to the rostrum, as a few times when i was marshalling there were cars coming past and really not a great idea if a car needs sorting and your in front of me, as i will push you out of the way rather quickly........ Not being rude, but it makes sence to walk behind the marshals not in front when the race is LIVE!
Just my thoughts...........

Happy Racing!!!!

Well spotted on all those things. I myself got caught at the end of straight by black pipe. table top was a job we ran out of time on saturday, but we have the wood already to address the kick it gives. With the marshalling by race control i had the same issue. So they are all on the list to be addressed. Thanks for your comments.

MrMagoo
31-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Hats off guys, the new layout was wicked. Fast, flowing with some good jumps in it... cracking job from everyone who made it happen.

Only issue I had all day was the first jump after the far left corner... there's a big blind spot right in front of the jump, I got crossed up there and couldn't see my car. Marshall didn't realise (no fault of his) and I got rammed. Not bothered for me so much as it was my fault, but it could cause a major pile up at the start of a final and ruin an innocent parties race.

My only other comment I have echoes Jamie's point about marshal point 9. I was there all day and felt very exposed at times in the end I put the cone between me and oncoming traffic...

simoncrabb
31-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm in agreement with the hump after the end of the straight, cars disappearing made it a bit of a lottery, especially at the start of finals!

Good job though, I enjoyed it a lot, even in the rain!

TARTMAN
31-10-2011, 09:59 PM
the jump mentioned, looks inocent, and i never had any real dramas(althou the car does vanish for a second) but i agree it is a bit of a blind spot when i marshalled there a few cars got blind and there was a few issues there, maybe making it more driver vision friendly or less of a hump may solve it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hats off guys, the new layout was wicked. Fast, flowing with some good jumps in it... cracking job from everyone who made it happen.

Only issue I had all day was the first jump after the far left corner... there's a big blind spot right in front of the jump, I got crossed up there and couldn't see my car. Marshall didn't realise (no fault of his) and I got rammed. Not bothered for me so much as it was my fault, but it could cause a major pile up at the start of a final and ruin an innocent parties race.

My only other comment I have echoes Jamie's point about marshal point 9. I was there all day and felt very exposed at times in the end I put the cone between me and oncoming traffic...

TARTMAN
31-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I have just had a thought(dangerous tom those that know me)

This new, modern way of communicating, WOW, we have a 1 race day at a track thats has a new layout.

within a couple of days, ALL faults, positives, and general chit chat are in, so by next race day, in theory, it can be sorted.

"BACK IN THE DAY" we had about 4 or 5 meetings to chat, pick fault, moan, bitch and generally get the hump about thigs till it was removed, changed or sorted......................

I LOVE the new way we sort out tracks, issues, etc etc etc.

I am loving the new(old to most of you) way the RC off road racing has evolved while i have been away doing other things for 22 years lol.

Bring the new RC world to where it should be. HERE!

Great job TORCH PEOPLE!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ASKay
31-10-2011, 10:21 PM
the jump mentioned, looks inocent, and i never had any real dramas(althou the car does vanish for a second) but i agree it is a bit of a blind spot when i marshalled there a few cars got blind and there was a few issues there, maybe making it more driver vision friendly or less of a hump may solve it. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also managed (have not a clue how) to get my car wedged between the jump but under the track pipe on that particular one, so if it remains, it could do with a little more securing being done on the nearside (rostrum side) up pipe... but that said i think a blind spot is never good especially where cars bunch up from a start. It maybe possilbe to take the hump around the corner until it is perpendicular with the line of sight from the rostrum.

Great layout, and really really looking forward to the next Sunday...

brilliant job chaps....

SteveB
01-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Also managed (have not a clue how) to get my car wedged between the jump but under the track pipe on that particular one, so if it remains, it could do with a little more securing being done on the nearside (rostrum side) up pipe... but that said i think a blind spot is never good especially where cars bunch up from a start. It maybe possilbe to take the hump around the corner until it is perpendicular with the line of sight from the rostrum.

Great layout, and really really looking forward to the next Sunday...

brilliant job chaps....

Alex and all

Thanks for feedback, a few changes will be made before next Sunday's racing, blind spot jump will be moved and replaced, something without a blind spot, also a jump will be inserted in front of small table top, some of us tried the single on to the down ramp of the small table top and worked well, with a few bits to secure down and tidy up. Also a holding area to drive cars into after your times up. Marshall point by race control will be looked into to make a more suitable position.

Great numbers and support for a winters days racing, an enjoyable day, some great racing in 2wd finals :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
01-11-2011, 12:29 AM
seems all the very very minor issues will be sorted.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::th umbsup::thumbsup:

Alex and all

Thanks for feedback, a few changes will be made before next Sunday's racing, blind spot jump will be moved and replaced, something without a blind spot, also a jump will be inserted in front of small table top, some of us tried the single on to the down ramp of the small table top and worked well, with a few bits to secure down and tidy up. Also a holding area to drive cars into after your times up. Marshall point by race control will be looked into to make a more suitable position.

Great numbers and support for a winters days racing, an enjoyable day, some great racing in 2wd finals :thumbsup:

martin so16
01-11-2011, 09:14 PM

i feel the same way about that jump dont like not seeing my car it broke my 210 at the start of the day it is on the list of things to change

jaywestwood
07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
So what track changes have happened? I personally enjoyed the 1/10th of a sec that car was blind :thumbsup:

We having some jumps that we can jump from or is it still roll over one's?

MrMagoo
07-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Looked the nuts on sunday when I popped in. So good in fact I'll probably pass on slough next sunday to come to TORCH instead!

TARTMAN
07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Its alot better and some places for plenty of air.
Great layout and the issues have been sorted. Cant really think of any probs now!
Great Job!:)

So what track changes have happened? I personally enjoyed the 1/10th of a sec that car was blind :thumbsup:

We having some jumps that we can jump from or is it still roll over one's?

jaywestwood
07-11-2011, 07:18 PM
hopefully wont change to much as was awesome with slower area's and difficult jumps etc..

Deano577
07-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I think the new double jump was tricky but good to watch the cars flying!! i would like to see it stay but maybe in a different part of the track, the sleeping policeman should go imo as it stops the flow of the track I would like to maybe some how bring the bank more into play ? keep up the great work torch crew..:thumbsup: