axeman
30-10-2011, 12:07 PM
What do you guys think?

I love a friday and Andys tracks

Is it possible to make this happen???

I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Gaz_Stanton
30-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I'd be interested in running on a Saturday. :thumbsup: More chance of me making it then than a Friday night.

markwilliamson2001
30-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Sounds a good idea to me, as I get back late on friday night.

Pops
30-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Sounds a good idea to me, as I get back late on friday night.
Def up for that...If posible maybe fridays track could be left out??

acorn28
30-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Great idea, I'd be up for either day.

axeman
30-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Def up for that...If posible maybe fridays track could be left out??

That is what me and belsten were thinking earlier

GRIFF55
30-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeeeeeeerp! Spoke to some of the caldi crew about this before. Id love to be there dates permitting:thumbsup:

sunbeam
30-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd be up for it, but I wounder if the Friday would lose attendance because of the late night? I can see attendance dropping to to a very low point in favor of people coming to the 'day' racing?

I'd do both, but would others? It's a great idea for the members that can't get to a Friday.

Interesting ........

Pops
30-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I'd be up for it, but I wounder if the Friday would lose attendance because of the late night? I can see attendance dropping to to a very low point in favor of people coming to the 'day' racing?

I'd do both, but would others? It's a great idea for the members that can't get to a Friday.

Interesting ........

As Steve said once a month.. then make the fri night before a vintage/rallycross..??

JACKOR33
30-10-2011, 10:49 PM
As Steve said once a month.. then make the fri night before a vintage/rallycross..??

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbsup:

Belsten
30-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Id be up for it depending on other racing commitments :thumbsup:

brian s
30-10-2011, 11:21 PM

would enough vintage/rallycross racers turn up on friday night to build a track to be used on the saturday?.

axeman
31-10-2011, 07:43 AM
would enough vintage/rallycross racers turn up on friday night to build a track to be used on the saturday?.

still run fridays all classes...

it's just an excuse for more practice.

I think we need to wait for the great petebee to read our thoughts now.

brian s
31-10-2011, 11:39 AM
still run fridays all classes...

it's just an excuse for more practice.

I think we need to wait for the great petebee to read our thoughts now.

running on a saturday would be a great idea if the hall is available. seemed to be popular last time it was run and there would be more time to run the different classes.:thumbsup:

peetbee
31-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Let me find out about hall availability and costs.

Something that we have to be wary of is competing against other clubs in the area as we share a fair few of our members which could restrict the numbers we'd get.

Body Paint
31-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Let me find out about hall availability and costs.

Something that we have to be wary of is competing against other clubs in the area as we share a fair few of our members which could restrict the numbers we'd get.

whispers "but none of them run on a Saturday Pete"

JACKOR33
31-10-2011, 02:12 PM

So friday night at caldicot, saturday day at caldicot and sunday day at cobra :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Damn i'm gonna be divorced hehe :woot::lol:

peetbee
31-10-2011, 02:22 PM
I know but I refer to Dave's post above, as I don't want to be divorced either!:o

GRIFF55
31-10-2011, 02:24 PM
It'd be worth it! Just think, you could pend your 50% from the divorce on racing!:lol:

peetbee
31-10-2011, 02:38 PM
You're optimistic Griff, more like 5% if you're lucky!!

Balders
31-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Just thought I'd put a note on the end of this to say that its really good to see this type of thread being discussed in a welsh club.

I remember when we would struggle to get 3 heats on a friday night at club and there were times when we'd set out a minimal track and shut up shop early during the touring car years because there simply wasn't enough people to race so its encouraging to see so many new people who are willing to chase that A final dream!

Maybe a little nod of appreciation to Pete and Andy is needed as they have worked so hard over the last couple of years to help build things up to where they are now and the fact that we are discussing Saturday club days just goes to prove how well the club is doing. Also i think we need to thank all the newer members that have come into the 'sport' over the last 2 years or so and travel from far and wide to support toy car racing not just in Caldicot but in Wales.

Thanks for making my Friday nights even more fun!

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

Right now thats said out the way, did i hear someone say we should have cap on Vintage racing to 1988? :D

hit5005
31-10-2011, 11:50 PM
would be well up for a sat or a sun or the two:thumbsup: id like to second wot mike put has well:thumbsup::thumbsup: and to thank all that has helped my self and all us newbees over this last 10 months with help and advice and car setups best club iv ever been. not just cars but every other hobby or sport that iv done.and good fun banter to:thumbsup:look forward to every friday exsept neet friday wen im in a wedding:lol::lol:mike there not toys there real:lol::lol::thumbsup: