PDA

View Full Version : Mardave Apache

Radish
07-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Seeing as there's a thread for the Cobra on here I thought I'd post a few pics of my earlier Mardave, the Apache.
I raced this back in the day as they were a cheap alternative for the cash strapped racer on paper round money ;-)
I found this one after a long search and it's all new! I bought a virtually complete car in it's original box and then sourced the remaining parts.
When I used to race I had a ball diff but sadly that went when I sold the car many years ago.....

Ant
07-11-2011, 10:43 PM
The Apache was my first car also. Still got it.
A complete gearbox rebuild used to cost 70p and driveshafts 35p each.....

Radish
21-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Yaeh, that was the beauty of the Apache, tough as old boots and cheap. We used to buy the complete front suspension setup and graft it onto a Rough Rider as it was stronger and more reliable (plus only a fiver), I even fitted one onto a Holiday Buggy after the top spring mount snapped off the chassis. Sacrilege now....
The body was around £2.50 and could be fitted on a Rough Rider chassis too if you weren't running the radio box.
Happy days! :)

mr. ed
07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I was given one of these and have been thinking about modernizing it.
But before going wild: would it be hard to source gears for?
I don't want to go too deep and be stuck with a nice car but with broken irreplacable gears after a couple runs.

daveyboi1973
09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
I was given one of these and have been thinking about modernizing it.
But before going wild: would it be hard to source gears for?
I don't want to go too deep and be stuck with a nice car but with broken irreplacable gears after a couple runs.

Have a chat with neil at R/W racing,maybe he can help with the gears. :).
You can contact him here :-

http://www.rwracing.co.uk/.