PDA

View Full Version : Racing 11th November

peetbee
09-11-2011, 11:52 AM
What, Wednesday already and no topic about racing this week?!

I won't be there, so y'all have a good time now:woot:

acorn28
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll be there. Was hoping to run my Durango 210, but managed to cook the cheap ESC with my dodgy soldering before the cars even turned a wheel! So 4wd for me. See you Friday.

axeman
09-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Reg and myself are in 2wd

Dyna
09-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Yup ill be back for the first time in 5 weeks.... 2wd for me :thumbsup:

I hear Axeman is pretty hot at 2wd now ? Is this true ? Has the 4wd Racing God become multi-class-talented ??

FARLEY
09-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Just have to wait and see how good steve is on sunday :)

axeman
09-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Yup ill be back for the first time in 5 weeks.... 2wd for me :thumbsup:

I hear Axeman is pretty hot at 2wd now ? Is this true ? Has the 4wd Racing God become multi-class-talented ??

people do keep telling me this. But I hate 2wd!!! I will be running it again on friday and sunday so we will see.

Pops
09-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Reg and myself are in 2wd

This i gotta see reg:D

Oh the Axe has it well sussed Mat:thumbsup:

chris (reg) reardon
09-11-2011, 05:44 PM
has any body got l plates for my two wheel drive thinking about puting bungee cord between me and the axe

but saying that dont now what to run yet as i love 4 wheel drive and the two wheel drive is just to pass the time away on two days of racing :thumbsup:

better than watching filth on the lap top ??:o

roll on friday:p:p

hit5005
09-11-2011, 06:11 PM
im not there friday:cry: but ill be there sunday:thumbsup:hopefully have my new micro to test out

evilbert
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
I'll be there doing 4wd as always although matt has other ideas...

JACKOR33
09-11-2011, 07:34 PM
I'll be there running 2wd, not sure what buggy or conversion kit to run yet tho.....:woot::woot:

Belsten
09-11-2011, 10:28 PM
I wont be there, will be celebrating some ole codgers birthday :D

Gaz_Stanton
09-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Yep. 2wd for me. :cool:

peetbee
09-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I wont be there, will be celebrating some ole codgers birthday :D

git

:D

jaysllim
10-11-2011, 02:13 AM
im booked in but If i dnt get my ball joints nd slipper clutch done i dnt think ill have a very succesful weekend,unless i blackout nd then i can blame it on tha lol

sunbeam
10-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Alisha and I will be there 2WD.

Dyna
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I'll be there running 2wd, not sure what buggy or conversion kit to run yet tho.....:woot::woot:

Another different car Dave ? You going to run one per round then ? :woot:

JACKOR33
10-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Another different car Dave ? You going to run one per round then ? :woot:

Maybe........, just don't tell the wife or I'm for it!!
Gotta try em all to see which suits my driving style lol;)

peetbee
10-11-2011, 01:06 PM
so you've run the 22 & X6, is it the centro or have you got something else now?

chris-on-wheels
10-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone getting there stupid early this week?

blue_pinky
11-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Matt suggested he might...if he does I might also try and get there a little early...not sure on the time though...

Body Paint
11-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Matt suggested he might...if he does I might also try and get there a little early...not sure on the time though...

Give us a shout if you do cos I'll just be sat in mcdonalds for half hour otherwise

mrspeedy
11-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Maybe........, just don't tell the wife or I'm for it!!
Gotta try em all to see which suits my driving style lol;)

Can I make a suggestion .... :thumbsup:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnBJbIsLvPKhT0CNxVn25pq2uIsfNk5 QhOFHYZEJrS87_qUSwglg

peetbee
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
:D:D:woot:
well he's tried everything else!

danharding
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
You’re just jealous,
I’ve got my Phat Holiday :thumbsup:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/danharding/IMG_6433.jpg

GRIFF55
11-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Happy birthday you old Iraqi bugger!:thumbsup:

peetbee
11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
but it's not a real one Dan!

Thanks Griff:D

sunbeam
12-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Not a happy bunny at all :mad:

Just can't get to grips with the DEX210, makes me sadder and sadder every time I race it :cry:. I came home in very bad mood and a splitting stress head ache :(. It's a very fast car I know, but not in my hands.

Now bought another SV Pro :thumbsup:
Got a monster build session on my hands now for next Friday :o

danharding
12-11-2011, 01:21 AM
but it's not a real one Dan!

Thanks Griff:D

Happy Birthday you old bugger. :)

No its not a real one but they wouldn’t stand up to the abuse this one will get as we have just started racing these every week at TMC in Taunton completely box stock apart from bearings. It’s very funny.

Teaboy
12-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Sorry to hear that Rob, i have massive over steer on mine at COBRA last week, i will run it at Swansea on Sunday see if i can dial it in a bit more. Spencer and Matt drove it and though it was a bit skitish aswell.

Cheers

Rich

Just can't get to grips with the DEX210, makes me sadder and sadder every time I race it :cry:. I came home in very bad mood and a splitting stress head ache :(. It's a very fast car I know, but not in my hands.

chris-on-wheels
12-11-2011, 08:05 AM

JACKOR33
12-11-2011, 09:08 AM

Rob,
I was having a really bad night with my losi aswell so i sympathise with you, but sometimes this is the nature of racing!!!!

Please dont take this the wrong way.....
You NEED to give the car more time in learning to adjust the setup and play with all different configurations possible, a car needs to be given a number of weeks / months for you to get used to / setup properly!

With respect i dont think you had that cougar dialled within three weeks of running it either did you??????

If you are intent on getting rid of the durango then drop me a pm as i may know someone to buy it ;)

Dave

JACKOR33
12-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Really nice fast track last night andy:thumbsup:

Was great to see rob and gaz battle it out at the front of the 2wd all night soem awesome close racing!!

I didnt get into my stride until the final where i had an epic battle with matt swapping paint and 3rd position a number of times was alot of fun:D

See alot of you sunday

acorn28
12-11-2011, 09:20 AM
Cracking track again last night, cheers guys. Was going well until I lost a roll pin in the final heat :thumbdown:. Roll on next week!

peetbee
12-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Happy Birthday you old bugger. :)

No its not a real one but they wouldn’t stand up to the abuse this one will get as we have just started racing these every week at TMC in Taunton completely box stock apart from bearings. It’s very funny.

Thanks Dan
I bet that's excellent fun:thumbsup:

sunbeam
12-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Rob,
I was having a really bad night with my losi aswell so i sympathise with you, but sometimes this is the nature of racing!!!!

Please dont take this the wrong way.....
You NEED to give the car more time in learning to adjust the setup and play with all different configurations possible, a car needs to be given a number of weeks / months for you to get used to / setup properly!

With respect i dont think you had that cougar dialled within three weeks of running it either did you??????

If you are intent on getting rid of the durango then drop me a pm as i may know someone to buy it ;)

Dave

I hear what you say, but although my Cougar took some time to get fast, it was always consistent. The 210 is all over the place and totally iratic. I've looked at my lap times, there crap and totally inconsistent.

Here is 'The Rub', I could keep pushing with the 210, but whats the point. I race for fun to get away from stress and work. I only get to do it once a week. I came back from racing last night in one hell of a mood and still am. I've still even got the head ache !! I just don't need this sort of agro in my down time. That's why I've bought another SV.

I do agree that the 210 will be fast with time, but I don't want to give it time when I know there is a car out there that is good for me.

The 210 has now been posted off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE :)

FARLEY
12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Good to hear you have come back to the sv mate :thumbsup:

Dyna
12-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry to hear that Rob, i have massive over steer on mine at COBRA last week, i will run it at Swansea on Sunday see if i can dial it in a bit more. Spencer and Matt drove it and though it was a bit skitish aswell.

Cheers

Rich

Yeah i had a go with Rich's car last weekend and it was quick & stable but very oversteery in both mine and Spencers hands, but i reckon it needs more weight at the rear as a start... have either of you tried it in rear-motor layout ? Or brass under the rear & lipos ? It just feels very 'light' at the rear...

There's a very good car in there somewhere, just needs working on weights & set ups tbh.

Good night last night and a great track, just shows how much faster the top boys are ( Gaz & Rob ) than the rest of us, my fastest lap was a second slower than theirs and i was driving ok in the final :o

Dont you hate them sometimes... ?? :lol:

axeman
12-11-2011, 03:15 PM
dont worry about them dyna a year ago they were putting several laps on us. now only one lap..... we are getting closer to the win:thumbsup:

sunbeam
12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
I know there is a monster car in 210, but I found it totally unpredictable and not at all smooth. I got into 1st place in my final from 3rd for about one lap and then lost the car again.

At no point did I ever feel I had it under control. I did find it was a monster on brand new tyres, but it soon used them. To be honest, I think it's great on fresh rubber for the first 6 races, then it goes south very quickly.

The SV was very good on tyres. The rears were usable for 4 weeks and the fronts for 3. Swap over to staggers on the front for the 4th week and a fresh set at the end of the 4th nights racing.

The 210 just seems to eat tyres and I think that is where I'm going wrong. I'm expecting tyres to last as long as the Cougar's did ??

I'll never put the car down, it's just not for me.