PDA

View Full Version : Any 1/10th Drift?

FormulaRon
10-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi,

I am new here and my first RC was a Losi 8ight 2.0 which was the best buggy for me :D Now I am looking into 1/10 Scale On Road drifting. Does anyone know any tracks in the North West?

benjy
11-11-2011, 10:44 PM
theres no just drift tracks in the nw,

where abouts are you? ive been drifting a while

FormulaRon
20-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm near Liverpool. I do have a on road rc car (Tamiya TT-01). But IF I can find a good track in the North West, I am looking to upgrade it to a Yokomo one because they are very light and a lot of people use them. Do you drift indoors or outdoors?

benjy
20-11-2011, 09:13 PM
both indoor and out, dont think theres realy anywhere local to you, there might be but not seen anything ect, take it your on rcdrift, iam benjy on there to, iam south cheshre so a bit to far from you

FormulaRon
20-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Yeap I am on rcdrift, my username there is FormulaRon as well. I've been asking it on the shoutbox there but no replies :(. Can't find anything near me at all:(

benjy
20-11-2011, 10:25 PM
theres not alot of drifters about, why not try to get somthing going yourself, theres an area part on rc drift that you can start your own clubs ect

FormulaRon
21-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Yeah that'll be cool. But I need to find something indoor because I don't want the tarmac to ruin the tyres and the chassis. That's what happened to my TT-01. Also, I'm not all into drifting. If I find a on road track for racing, I'll be interested too.

qatmix
23-11-2011, 09:32 PM
There is onroad (indoor carpet) clubs at Bolton and Cheadle.. a little bit of a drive from Liverpool.

There is also southport indoors which runs Onroad in the winter season.

I dont know of any drift clubs though.

quincey
27-11-2011, 09:32 AM
I use to do drift racing at Wrexham indoors on carpet and it was really good fun-not quite what drifting is actually about but it did draw a lot of racers,if you have a word with the southport lot I'm sure they would give it a go as all clubs could do with extra members.

FormulaRon
28-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Just had a quick word with a track in Blackpool and got more information about their track. I'll have a look in Southport :)

FormulaRon
28-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Just been searching for Southport tracks. There's one which is srcc.co.uk but it looks like its for buggies :O

quincey
04-12-2011, 06:21 PM
They race indoors at formby high school during the winter.

benjy
04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
we should be drifting at stafford outdoors next year

FormulaRon
05-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Really stuck on what car to choose! If there is a lot of drift action, I'll go for the Yokomo.. but if there are more race action, I'm getting the Xray 2012....

benjy
06-12-2011, 12:03 AM
dont buy a car because they class it as a drifter, thats a load off poo, any 4wd tc car can drift,

main thing/ the only mod you realy need bar tyres is a spool/ lockable diff to put in the rear, car will drift with the standard diff but a spool makes it a lot more controlable.

ive had loads of tc cars just for drifting and the top 3 have been

mi3.5
cyclone
t2 eu

still have the t2 and iam swaping it into a racer over the drift off season, then just swap it back as needs be, can change it from a good setup racer to a good setup drifter in about 2 hrs or less

NMRacing
18-12-2011, 09:30 AM
have a look at http://drccentral.com/forums :)
Most TC cars do well at drifting, the setup is the key.

I'm running heaps of different cars, basically everything between a TA03F and the TB Evolution V MS for drifting :)

showtime
18-12-2011, 01:00 PM
i've been building a small mountain of touring car parts ready to get into drifting but i've never seemed to actually get around to doing any :rolleyes:!

been planning on giving it a go for about 5 years now :o