PDA

View Full Version : C4.1 build.... Missing parts?

Dudders
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Anybody missing any items?

Think I'm two bearings short :cry:

Smartalec
11-11-2011, 11:49 AM

We all know you are a bearing or two short :woot:

RobW
11-11-2011, 12:06 PM

Hi Neil

Which ones are you missing? Think the only extra ones you would need would be the ones for the extra idler gear? - fairly sure I saw these when I had a quick look in my kit last night.

Rob

Dudders
11-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Alec!

Looks like my kit and Tom Hatton's kit are missing 12 x 4 dash 4 3/8 counter sunk screws.

Wes at CML is on the case. MK has told me to email Wes @ CML and tell him what your short of and he'll post some out.

True to his word I had an email back saying he'll post out tonight first class.

Mistakes happen but it's how a company deal with and responde that counts. Think CML are n the case.

I'd email CML or speak to your local hobby store!

MK Racing
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Would they be the ones from your old gearbox that were covered in crap.........:p

HAHAHAHAHA

Dudders
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
:blush:

wezzer
11-11-2011, 12:39 PM
e-mail wes@cmldistribution.co.uk and i will do my best to help !

robstanway
11-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I'm in the same boat as everybody else, really disappointed with what turned up, I thought it would have gone together alot better, I love associated cars. And I think this is a big let down from CML.

The cost doesn't reflect the quality. There's screws missing, gear box screws missing, the idler gear doesn't mesh properly, the chassis was scratched, the carbon shock tower is coming apart where the holes have been drilled through. I think people are being really understanding considering what I have being looking at.

I would even go as far to say that it looks like they have taken the design from the cougar (not build quality).

Hopefully it goes round the track better than the way it went together!!!

westie
11-11-2011, 11:13 PM
I'm in the same boat as everybody else, really disappointed with what turned up, I thought it would have gone together alot better, I love associated cars. And I think this is a big let down from CML.

The cost doesn't reflect the quality. There's screws missing, gear box screws missing, the idler gear doesn't mesh properly, the chassis was scratched, the carbon shock tower is coming apart where the holes have been drilled through. I think people are being really understanding considering what I have being looking at.

I would even go as far to say that it looks like they have taken the design from the cougar (not build quality).

I think cml have done a good job with this car, and the missing bits are sent out as soon as they can get them out to you. Bear in mind this is the first cml car and they don't have the $ say AE have,Its not how it looks it how well it drives and has proven to be a race winner. :thumbsup:

Chrislong
11-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Yep, apart from layshaft minor issue, im very happy with the quality considering its background. The reason we've chosen the C4.1 is performance, buying a 1st batch kit we're likely to encounter the odd hiccup. My faith in CML is 100% that all things will be dealt with, we're the guinea pigs! :woot:

Yardeeee
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Your whole post is pretty barbed, but that line hurts the most... have a drive of her and then I'm pretty sure you'll feel differently.

kayce
12-11-2011, 03:31 AM
The cost doesn't reflect the quality.

Did you pay for a race car, or something that looks pretty sitting on the shelf? :rolleyes:

My buddy's didn't come with a bag of glitter or unicorns stickers either. :woot:

Stuweatherman
12-11-2011, 11:24 AM
The cost doesn't reflect the quality.

Well if CML had made the car out in ting tong it probably wouldn't have been such a high cost but they would've had to order LOADS. UK manufacturing costs are higher, and stuff like the moulds for components do cost a hell of a lot to get made so its large volumes need to recoup those costs.

And even tho I wasn't involved in electric at the time im sure the original X-factory kits weren't perfect either and needed modding. Its only now after several production runs and versions of their conversion that it now goes together properly.

Im yet to build the gearbox as im waiting on my lipos to turn up, but stuff like carbon fibre components you are meant to seal yourself anyway before you install them to prevent splitting.

This is THE first ever production car CML has done and apart from a few missing screws and maybe a few moulding issues on a couple of peoples components its already proven as a winning conversion and thats why so many of us have them today!!

Well done to all involved with the development and production of the C4.1 and im sure knowing the guys at CML any problems will get ironed out.