PDA

View Full Version : PS3 wont load games

carlin
13-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone has had this issue at all?

I got to play a game this morning & for some strange reason it will not load up doesn't even show on the system feature.
I have tried all my other games they are not even registering??

I tried dvd & also copied dvds they load up, play fine no problems at all.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

mdb_75
13-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Have you tried a Bluray Dvd? I think the drives have 2 lasers in them, one for cd's and standard dvd's the other for Bluray dvd's and games which are bluray too.

I just had to replace my drive as it stopped working part way through watching a bluray, and wouldn't read anything again. :(

carlin
13-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Have you tried a Bluray Dvd? I think the drives have 2 lasers in them, one for cd's and standard dvd's the other for Bluray dvd's and games which are bluray too.

I just had to replace my drive as it stopped working part way through watching a bluray, and wouldn't read anything again. :(

Well I balls it up now went onto the Playstation chat forum, there was link explaining same issue as mine.
It told you to reset you Playstation I dont that & now it won't play anything mint

So now it more useful as doorstopper

M.Andrews
28-12-2011, 07:10 PM
If you can take things apart and re-assemble(like rc cars) then you should be able to strip the console and remove the bd player. Then clean the lazer with alcohol and that should work. I have stripped and repaired a few ps3 and xboxes now and it isn't difficult. I watched clips on you tube on how to strip consoles,very useful you tube!!!.

hotrodchris
28-12-2011, 08:28 PM
ring playstation uk you get 1 free exchange machine or used too when my first one did the same thing!