PDA

View Full Version : Be Afraid...

westers
14-11-2011, 06:28 PM
If you see this at a race night near you, steer clear. The owner (me), hasn't got a clue :D

Yep, nearly ready to go, and yes it is very orange, but at least I'll be able to work out which is my car (when it's actually on the track) :p:p

Chris56
14-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Liking the black wheels vs red body:thumbsup::thumbsup:

beats the old custard blobby shell anyway :p:p (sorry Dave!)

Dave Dodd
14-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Liking the black wheels vs red body:thumbsup::thumbsup:

beats the old custard blobby shell anyway :p:p (sorry Dave!)

:lol: thanks chris

Looks really good, can't believe its the same car. Be good to see it going again. :)

westers
14-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Still need to solder the wires for the motor, but that's a job for this weekend, and mount the aerial.

Planning on making my debut on December the 2nd :thumbsup:

Robbiejuk
15-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Looks really good, can't believe its the same car.

Thats what it looks like when you clean the mud off it dave :thumbsup:

Planning on making my debut on December the 2nd :thumbsup:

Thats our last indoors meeting before the christmas break so definatly make sure you come down for that :thumbsup:

westers
16-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Yep, had a look at the winter dates and saw that was the last one. It'll give me a chance to wobble around and do some learning.

westers
20-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Finally got everything sorted today.

As you know, I'm new to this, even so......

Switched on the car and transmitter and applied throttle. Naff all, so tried again; still naff all.

Much swearing and checking of connections, tried again, but still naff all.

WTF? And then it suddenly took off at warp speed and nearly got me in the crown jewels. It took me a few minutes to work out that the transmitter was not operating in reverse, so when I pulled the trigger towards me it was actually braking. When the car took off it was because I'd pushed the trigger forward, thinking that it was either reverse of brakes.

Anyway, works now, but by 'eck did it make me jump when it suddenly decided to do a "ghost car" on me :D

jamie 6.5t
20-11-2011, 10:40 PM
lol i love the look of the buggy done a nice job of it did you keep the old shell for practicing ? cos i would have :thumbsup:

westers
20-11-2011, 10:45 PM
lol i love the look of the buggy done a nice job of it did you keep the old shell for practicing ? cos i would have :thumbsup:

Nope, new shell for practice, but I'm already looking at it and thinking, "Hmmm, not sure about that, and maybe do this a little bit different."

However, it'll do for the time being (and for smashing up).

jamie 6.5t
20-11-2011, 10:48 PM
ahahahaha the car looks awesome man proper good job
:thumbsup:

antnee
21-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Buggy shells don't really get that battered like TC shells, wings do though :thumbsup:

mattr
21-11-2011, 10:54 AM
If you are as bad as you say, paint the bottom orange too, so you can still find it when its on its roof......... (Voice of experience...... ;) )

Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
21-11-2011, 11:33 AM
Buggy shells don't really get that battered like TC shells, wings do though :thumbsup:

pfft, dunno what you're on about ginge, my wing is on it's 3rd year :D:p:thumbsup:

Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
21-11-2011, 11:34 AM
PS. Car looks mint by the way :thumbsup:

westers
02-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Head full of cold and feeling lousy = no show tonight for me :(

New Year it is then.