PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Audio interface

B4 Sloth
15-11-2011, 06:58 AM
Having had my guitar since september I have learned a number of songs...mostly in part.
Most of it is Metallica, earlier stuff.

I want to start piecing it together, sampling riffs and building it up into a track. I know some interfaces (Novation Nio for example) have ability to do a lot more.
My needs are simple, I want to add the riffs and stitch all together, ideally with a product that has drums/ basslines available for the songs.

A number of products are out there, even one for the iphone.

Dont want to go mad, 100 quid tops. More i spend on this is less i have for buggy.

rowanp25
15-11-2011, 02:43 PM
get a copy of computer music magazine £6.50 ish a usb inline interface £30 and a lil zoom pedal at about £60. it aint gonna be pro studio quality but will give you every thing you need to start out

B4 Sloth
15-11-2011, 08:10 PM
What about line 6 and the korgs?

rowanp25
18-11-2011, 12:03 AM
line6 aren't bad, they have nice amp models and ive had some good results using the guitar port. korg, i cant say much about as ive never used any of that gear.
It really depend on what your final aim is. for a starter the stuff mentioned above will get you all your multi track recording with the cm studio (on the magazine) all you'd need for is a single input so the usb in line interface would be fine. (alesis, or edirol both do good cheap ones) and i mentioned the zoom pedal mainly because you can get some not bad sounds as well as some amp models so for guitar thats all you'd need :thumbsup: