PDA

View Full Version : ftx vantage parts

whizzy
15-11-2011, 10:28 AM
what ftx parts have you found to be a direct fit onto the s10 blast as i have found the rims on the vantage fit with no issues anything else fit these cars from the vantage

graxon2001
15-11-2011, 05:24 PM
The spur gear (£1.99 instead of £10.99 :thumbsup: ) and all of the slipper clutch assembly, all of which are available seperately instead of having to buy the lot every time.

Look at the images here (http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/electric-car-parts-hopups/ftx-vantage-carnage-parts-hopups/) and see what is the same from the images.

whizzy
15-11-2011, 10:59 PM
the spur for the vantage is 65t the spur for s10 is a 68t does the vantage one run ok in the blast

even if we can post part numbers here for the vantage that fit and have been tried and run ok

graxon2001
16-11-2011, 03:15 PM
So far, I've bought spur gears (FTX 6275), the whole slipper clutch (FTX 6266) and a spare bracket to connect the slipper to the rear diff (FTX 6272). All of which work just fine with the Blast.

Looking at the images for other parts, the bodyshell, motor mount (FTX 6258) and the drive shaft (FTX 6265) also look compatible.

Infact, pretty much everything apart from the steering knuckles looks similar.

As for the 65t spur gear, I've had a couple strip quickly (2mins), but I think that's because it couldn't cope with the gearing (27/65) that I'd put in, and they're fine with about 20t pinion.

kaylon
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
The vantage and Blast really only share visual similarities.. namely blue big bore shocks. If you look closer you will find that they are quite different. Granted they share a design concept but as I own both I can say that they are very different in the details...

The best thing about both cars is that they provide a platform for all types of drivers, from bashers through club racers and with a little effort even pro level...I'm hoping to race my Blast eventually next year...

K

farmboy
13-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I've got both. I raced a Blast for a year then moved to a Vantage. They are quite different: the shocks on the Vantage are much longer, the chassis is narrower (and so is the body), the chassis design itself is different - the front end sub-section bolts on rather than the rear... and more.

Some components may be the same or similar (like the slipper assembly) but overall they are two different cars, albeit built on the same principle of being affordable.

I prefer the Vantage, even though at first glance it doesn't look as top-notch as the Blast in terms of fit and finish. The thing that I ended up hating with the Blast was the 'joint' between the slipper assembly and the rear box (which is on a seperate chassis section).

Something happened to knock this out of kilter and it was impossible to put right. The Vantage, as I said before, has the back end as part of the overall chassis plate so this problem is less likely to arise.

The best person to ask is Nigel Reeks at freeprawnracing - www.freeprawnracing.co.uk He sells both.

simon
14-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi,
I bought a FTX vantage,and have to say what a great buggy for the price,,hope to have a bit of fun racing it soon.......

graxon2001
04-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Are the gearbox housings the same on the Blast and the Carnage?

graxon2001
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Just got my FTX housing through, and it's not the same as the LRP one.

A nice housing, but all the holes and the two plastic knobs that stick out of the bottom of the housing are all in different places to the relevant holes in the front chassis plate.

Never mind, nice try, I suppose.

kaylon
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Are the gearbox housings the same on the Blast and the Carnage?

Totally different...100% different.

J