PDA

View Full Version : Batley Outdoor

Garry Driffill
26-02-2008, 12:31 AM
When is the next outdoor race meet?

i understand there is/was/could be alot of work being done on the track given what happend a few weeks ago.

any help would be good ! ;)

Oscar
26-02-2008, 06:01 PM
When is the next outdoor race meet?

i understand there is/was/could be alot of work being done on the track given what happend a few weeks ago.

any help would be good ! ;)

Latest info I have is, there is a club meet scheduled for 9th March, weather permitting;)

Garry Driffill
26-02-2008, 06:44 PM
nice one oscar, ill get somthing organised with us lot from hull to come race ! :D

we all have S4s now LOL ! :woot:

Andy 2
26-02-2008, 09:15 PM
was the track cleaned on sunday?

super__dan
29-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah, how was the work party on the Sunday? Is there anything that needs doing other than cutting the grass on the morning of the 9th?

I hope the weather for next Sunday is good, really fancy a run outside.

super__dan
02-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Yeah, how was the work party on the Sunday? Is there anything that needs doing other than cutting the grass on the morning of the 9th?

Anyone?

I fear this means the track still needs work, but hopefully nothing that can't be done on the morning.

TRIOXER
02-03-2008, 09:09 AM
as there was only Diane plus 4 other people who could be bothered to turn up plus the fact that it was raining quite heavily at times nothing got done.
so to answer your question dan,yes there is alot of work to be done!.

Lee
02-03-2008, 09:42 AM
To be honest though, the track only needs the straight cleaning and a quick mow to make it raceable, i dont know what state the container is in though.

TRIOXER
02-03-2008, 09:57 AM
yes the track isnt too bad as the grass was mowed 3 weeks ago so not too much to do there,But the container is another story,half inch of mud and silt covering everything inside and so i for one would not expect anyone to sit inside all day to run a meeting untill it is cleaned.

Lee
03-03-2008, 11:25 AM
OK so is sunday still going ahead?

Will there be a work party during the week or on saturday to get the track prepared?:)

Or will there be a gazebo erected for race control and the container cleaned during sundays racing?:confused:

nobby
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
is the 9th going ahead as a few of us from tyne & wear fancy a bit of outdoor racing.

can somebody give us start times please.

super__dan
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll try to ring dianne this evening, I hope it is going ahead but it will be weather dependant. I've no plans to race it it's belting down with rain.

nobby
03-03-2008, 04:39 PM
no i don't fancy racing if it's chucking it down.
but it's blazing sun shine up in newcastle at the moment:p
but we all no how quick that can change:cry:

super__dan
03-03-2008, 08:26 PM
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=leeds&day=6

:D

Kash
04-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Any updates on this?? Are you racing Sunday?

Lee
04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
I think it will be on kash, but im not sure what the cleaning plans are?

Hopefully it can be done before sunday, but if not i think it will be sunday morning:)

Kash
04-03-2008, 03:47 PM
It will be good if it is and the weather's nice.. I'm looking forward to some outdoor racing.

LEGEND
04-03-2008, 04:15 PM
I think if the weather is nice then it would be a great little start into the outdoor season, but the way my back has been lately i don't think i would be able to marshall or even get onto the rostrum.:yawn: But yeah i wouldn't mind having a go but it would just be getting there is the problem for me. But if i can't make it then i hope it has nice weather and everybdy has a nice days racing.:)

Kash
05-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Can we have some approximate times racing starts on Sunday?

josh_smaxx
05-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Legend, any ideas on how you would get there? Coz owa dad wont take me :thumbdown: lol

LEGEND
05-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Don't think i will be going, it would just be nice if i did manage to go.:)

Kecky
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
Can you just book in on the day :eh?:

Hope the weather improves :thumbdown:

Lee
06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah just turn up and book in, its just a club day.

And it nice up north:thumbsup:.

Well, its dry:)

Kecky
06-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Not on Sunday it isn't :(

Have you seen the forecast :thumbdown:

Lee
06-03-2008, 04:23 PM
It said it was nice the other day, just suck it and see:D

Lee
06-03-2008, 05:07 PM
The weather looks good, it`ll be cold but it seems dry enough:thumbsup:

Kecky
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
:o Where are you looking......the link a few posts back shows snow and rain :drool:

Doh.....well it does for next wednesday anyway.......but sunday looks ok!

super__dan
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I've emailed Dianne and texted Lawson, no repy from either. However if Dianne said it was on before then it's usually safe to assume.

I don't mind if it's a bit cold (especially as I can't stay all day)as long as it's dry. I've dug some Scumacher greens out anyway as they should work OK.

Lee
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
I've dug some Scumacher greens out anyway as they should work OK.

They are not that bad dan:thumbsup:

Dan, having never run a green, do they tend to work better when its very cold or do you think it might be a touch damp?

rcracer
06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Dan, having never run a green, do they tend to work better when its very cold or do you think it might be a touch damp?

saturday= http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d72/rcacer/15.gif = damp on sunday i guess ..glad i saved up all my greens :woot:

Kash
06-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Can we have some approximate times racing starts on Sunday?
Anyone???? :confused:

Lee
06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Kash,

when they raced outdoor last year, october-ish it kicked off about 11. I would assume it would start about the same time this time round, maybe dan or John could confirm or correct me.

super__dan
07-03-2008, 08:19 AM
We used to meet by about 11, but if the track/cabin needs that much work then maybe we should meet earlier? I'm going to try to have a drive by later to have a look at the track.

Accidental faux par with the Schumacher spelling there, oops. To be honest I have a nearly new set as they are one run wonders in my opinion and I'm just using them up. I'd rather run BB's or GRP's there depending on how water/lenght of grass. Yellows aren't particularly effected by temperature that I know, but massivly by wetness i.e. any wetness, don't run them!

Lee
08-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Will there be any racing after the clean up?

I think if the answer is yes then there will be more people turn up and help with the cleaning early on.

As there were a few guys coming down from the north east, i doubt they would travel just to clean the track.:)

super__dan
08-03-2008, 05:39 PM
I don't know, perhaps Dianne or John Price will post later?

AndyM
08-03-2008, 11:54 PM
here ya go:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=101977&postcount=5

HTH
:)

rcracer
09-03-2008, 10:11 PM
How did it go today guys :confused:

super__dan
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Good news and bad!

There was l lot of work to do and not many to do it (thanks to those that came), we did our best though. The heaviest bits of mud were taken off the astro and jet washed (takes AGES), the container was completely cleaned out and sorted (mowers and generator work) and we painted round the handrail and stuff at the top of the rostrum that Jim made so well last year.

More good news is that the hard work we did levelling the straight last year seems to have been unaffected so with a liile more work the track will be great again. The best thing for the track now is actually to race on it!

Dianne has a calender put together, which is quite large inc deliberatly clashing with some nationals so NE people that don't get in can still race locally. The first is next weekend I think.

Also for meetings on the calender what we propose is that all meetings will be ON unless the weather is too bad on the day at which point Dianne will post here on oOple by 9am that the meeting is OFF. Also, Dianne is setting up a text message group on her phone which you can opt into to get a text if the meeting is OFF.

Dan