PDA

View Full Version : Savox in a B44

Steven Forster
15-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Ive recently got a savox 1256 servo, would this be ok in a B44 or will it have too much torque...........???

Also if it is ok would i need to fit a power cap to the receiver as ive read of problems with the savox being power hungry ???

cheers :thumbsup:

mpg200
15-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I run them in my B44s. They are fine just make sure you set the end points on your TX so to stop the servo when the steering just gets to full lock. As for a power cap, I run an LRP sphere and dont seem to need one as the BEC circuitry is manly. If your speedo has girly BEC ciruitry a power cap should help

Steven Forster
15-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I run them in my B44s. They are fine just make sure you set the end points on your TX so to stop the servo when the steering just gets to full lock. As for a power cap, I run an LRP sphere and dont seem to need one as the BEC circuitry is manly. If your speedo has girly BEC ciruitry a power cap should help

errrrr............Losi exceliron ???

cheers for reply :thumbsup:

mpg200
15-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Hmmm spec says 6.1V 3A. Should be OK, Try it out can't cause any damage its just annoying when it happens. If your handy with a soldering iron you can get a cap from maplin and fit it to an old servo lead, save you a few quid that will.

mpg200
15-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Actually just been on the maplin website, their range of caps is rubbish :thumbdown:. so that previous advice about DIY is not that useful sorry:blush:

gainsy
15-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Power cap that will do you nicely
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4ghz-voltage-Protector-futaba-corona-spektrum-SPM1600-/220733640728?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3364c01018

Steven Forster
16-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Power cap that will do you nicely
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-4ghz-voltage-Protector-futaba-corona-spektrum-SPM1600-/220733640728?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3364c01018

thanks for the link

Its got me thinking now as i wasnt sure between the power cap in your link or a voltage regulator as below............

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/etronix-li-po-regulator-5a-6v-hard-cased-/rc-car-products/40149

:confused::confused::confused:

mpg200
16-11-2011, 12:04 PM
That voltage regulator is basically a standalone BEC, pretty beefy as well, 5A is more than enough current. But it really isn’t what you need. Think of the power cap as emergency bucket of water waiting for when the reservoir needs it. Errr, ok here we go
Ignore the main motor as it will complicate the description
Imagine the car receiver electronics as a system that uses water. Think of it as a small tank of water, now the receiver itself only needs a bit of water to work, that can be represented as a small tap on the bottom of the tank. The servo however need loads of water think of this as a massive tap. The speedo BEC pumps water into the tank at a fixed rate until its full then just tries to keep it full. If the servo is not doing much (ie mainly going straight) then the only drain on tank is the small receiver tap, no problem BEC can keep up.
If there is then a sudden demand from servo (massive tap opens) then the BEC cannot keep tank full and it will start to empty. If the tank empties completely then the receiver tap runs dry and receiver glitches. The Cap (bucket of water) is dumped into the tank during a huge demand to help stop the tank running dry.

Does that help?

Basically you try it as is and if its a problem get a power cap (bucket of water)

Steven Forster
22-12-2011, 08:43 PM
What servo spacers are you all using on your savox ?

cheers

mpg200
22-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm using the squishy ones that came with the servo.