PDA

View Full Version : fs2 sp faults?

450kid
15-11-2011, 08:50 PM
anyone else have trouble with the front shocks catching the camber links and the rear drive shafts not going far enough in to the drive cups?:eh?:

tisher
15-11-2011, 09:03 PM
you have to space out the shocks by 2mm :o

450kid
15-11-2011, 09:12 PM
ive put 5mm spacer on shocks so it dont touch:eh?:
and also at the rear if i move the blue spacers to the inside it makes the rear end 4mm narrower which does not seem right:confused:

adam_u
15-11-2011, 09:26 PM
have you got the right inserts in the ali pivot blocks at the rear? - also have you got the shim on the driveshaft on the inboard side of the hubs? - shows as 96643 on the exploded diagram - I don't have the SP so only going off this and I know there's a driveshaft revision

450kid
15-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Got the shim on the Inboard and the right bush in the right way. Round?

sime46
15-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi. the team are running the rear driveshaft spacer inboard now which does narrow the rear track but does improve the handling. The front shocks need 2mm spacer on the top end in certain camber link positions. I'm using the rear position on mine and the shocks easily clear without spacing. Hope this helps.

sime46
15-11-2011, 10:19 PM
If you wanna run the kit rear trackwidth, put 2~3mm spacers in the rear shocks to reduce rear droop so the shafts stay safely into the outdrives.

njc11
15-11-2011, 10:19 PM
Glad your still enjoying the car :thumbsup:

Are you planning on going back to the dark side again?? :p

Myself and Col ran this driveshaft set up for most of the summer... once we tried it, we nver went back, seemed to help the car massively :thumbsup:

450kid
15-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Cheers. Al give it a try. Have u got a setup for chadderton be first time out wit:Dh it this weekend.:D

sime46
15-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Car is good. I need to try some other setup work but its coming on well. Toby's car looked good on sunday with the carbon topdeck assy. May need to try one at Worksop next time.:thumbsup:

njc11
15-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah ive been in touch with Toby... he had a very good day from all accounts :thumbsup:

Have you run yours again since worksop?? No probs on trying the top decks pal..

450kid.. come and see me at Chadderton and i'll take a look :thumbsup:

If your local why not come down sat am, and help set up, i could take a look at your car then?

sime46
15-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Ran at a hectic club night at Don Valley. Car was good again although lacked rear grip when pushed hard tbh. Gonna make changes before next attempt.

450kid
15-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Nic am working saturday otherwise would come and help al come and see u sunday, do I need them losi springs? Cheers Ben :drool:

njc11
15-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Ran at a hectic club night at Don Valley. Car was good again although lacked rear grip when pushed hard tbh. Gonna make changes before next attempt.

Same issue as i had at the last worksop then!! :lol:

Got some new bits to try.. ;)

You should come over to chadderton (just of Junc 21 M60)... Eugine does and likes it now :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
15-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Cancelled a v3 and have a fs2 sp coming this week from here. Fingers crossed

Had probs with 511 spares so hope I get on with it.

RogerM
16-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Like Nick I've run the driveshafts spaced as he suggests all year, improves the car over the bumps from awesome to unbelievable!
I run huge amounts of droop sometimes and never had a shaft come out either. As for front camber links touching shocks 2mm of spacing is all that is needed, if you want to run middle hole on the bulkhead then make sure its the rear most one.

Can't wait to get my hands on an FS2-SP

Ole C
17-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I also had the driveshafts pop out, and messing up the outdrives...

I put the spacers on the inside of the hub and it was fine. The rear felt a litle bit more unpredictable though.

It still drives fantastic! :thumbsup:

RogerM
18-11-2011, 12:09 PM
The rear should be more locked down with the narrower rear end.

Post up your setup and how you would like the car to feel different and we'll help you make it so.

The FS2 / FS2-SP is super adjustable and can be almost any character you ask it to be so lets help you make your fantastic car unbelievably good! :)

Honeybadger
21-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Nick/Roger, I'm in the middle of my FS2 Build at the moment. Apart from moving the blue spacer on the rear drive shafts to the inside of the hubs is there any more good tips to carry out along the way?

I've only got some 40 and 35wt oil at hand so should I try drilling out the shock holes in the pistons to 1.5mm or anything like that?

Neil Skull
21-11-2011, 09:03 PM
If anyone wants a set up from Elliott Boots FS2SP from MKGP weekend drop me a mail and i will send you a copy.
neil@kyoshoeurope.com

Standard pistons and springs used, his car was super quick.

NitroArgi
22-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Hey guys...

My SP is ready for the first test run and I was wondering...according to the manual the rear outer camber link location is out, is this correct?

Ole C
23-11-2011, 08:02 PM
The rear should be more locked down with the narrower rear end.

Post up your setup and how you would like the car to feel different and we'll help you make it so.

The FS2 / FS2-SP is super adjustable and can be almost any character you ask it to be so lets help you make your fantastic car unbelievably good! :)

Thanks Roger!

I run the stock setup. 400 oil front, 350 rear.

Track is indoor clay, temps around 15-20 C. Have tried AKA Rebars and JConcept Barcodes. Dont feel a huge difference besides being more direct with the harder AKA inserts.

Car feels good, but is a bit tailhappy coming out of corners. Also woul like more steering in slow corners, but from what I´ve read on this forum the fix for that is a different ackerman bar.

I should say that I´m pretty strongminded about not putting on new/option parts to change the cars behaviour. Doing that should be the very last option in my mind.
I wasted many years modifying touring cars before I learnt that there usually is a great potential in a standard car.
Havent changed anything on my MP9 since I bought it two years ago, and I´ve never been faster in 1/8 buggy...

Cheers

Ole C

/tobys
23-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Have you tried the F insert on the rear instead of the E (which I believe is kit setting on the SP)? This will add a little more toe-in (+ 0.5 degrees) which should lock the rear in a bit more.

Neil Skull
24-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey guys...

My SP is ready for the first test run and I was wondering...according to the manual the rear outer camber link location is out, is this correct?

Its correct However quite a few guys changed to inner position for more rear end!!