PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho ultima?

gainsy
16-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi guys
Just been given this
Can anyone confirm this is a ultima & if so which model it is, if i google ultima st it seems to bring up a nitro version, just wondered if it has the wrong shell on it?
Are these any good? or should i just ebay it?
As you can see it needs a dam good clean

mr. ed
16-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Yep , that's an ultima indeed. Not the first generation and not the current one either. Ithink the buggy was called ultima rb and there was an rb sport too. It was the first true truck based on an ultima buggy too: with wider arms and bones I mean. And yes this was also the first time Kyosho used the ultima name for a gas engine car aswell.
I've never owned one but guess they are pretty decent quality racers. Keep in mind though that Kyosho did not have many models based on this chassis and it was not as popular as the first generation of ultimas => spare parts will be hard to find and expensive

dodgydiy
16-11-2011, 10:33 PM
quite right, the electric version of the nitro truck i have, ultima st if i remember correctly.

mr. ed
16-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Just came across another post on another forum stating their 3 versions of the ultima rb buggy; with relase dates between 1999 and 2004. So that gives you a rough time-frame for the ST also.

gainsy
16-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup:
On ebay it will go then unless anyone on here wants to make me a offer on it

This is now sold so no offers please