PDA

View Full Version : New Yokomo spring

Bastos
27-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Hello,

New spring 4 type for front and 5 type for rear ( Pink, yellow, blue...)

I've seen that here :

http://akira01.10.dtiblog.com/blog-date-200607.html

third shot from the top

Available in august, but perhaps in japan...

Bathy
27-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Good site find Bastos, is that BX a prototype you think or one with new bits on it?

I spot a funny rear diff plate which extends and holds anti-roll bars, also anti roll bars on the front... I see a silly dog! oh and alloy front arms and hub front blocks, maybe that's a different car, anyway... all good stuff!

Emily can you translate that page for me, or do you need a few years yet?

jimmy
27-07-2006, 04:27 PM
If you are refering to the car a few posts down then read the first page of mi review ! ;)

Bathy
27-07-2006, 09:40 PM
If you are refering to the car a few posts down then read the first page of mi review ! ;)

Oh yeah, when I 1st read the review I must have speed read that page and thought it was the BC special (or whatever its called).

jimmy
27-07-2006, 09:43 PM
;) its like the grand daddy of the BX. give me a BX any day. no, please, go on.

Bathy
28-07-2006, 12:23 PM
;) its like the grand daddy of the BX. give me a BX any day. no, please, go on.

Yeah ok then Jimmy, you want just the 1 or a few?...

I got my hands on one for £229 last night, 10 mins later I had to give it back, website error doh lol

Was bargain of the century while it lasted!

Jason_Jo
04-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Excuse me,do AE springs suit yokomo shocks?

Jason

Mike_stening
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
those last couple of shots are of the MX4 millenium i think, it was the car that masami ran at the worlds warm up at the minnreg track a few years back but he never ran it at the actual worlds and is basically the basis of the BX though with the geometry of the MX4, it has the MX4 front shock tower with the camber plate on it. so the BX has been in developement for quite a few years but the mellenium was only ever available in japan and on a small production run.
also has the torsion bar off the rear gearbox onto the top deck used to reduce flex in the back end of the car. also has a slightly modified MX4 shell to accomodate the new motor position.
very rare.:D

ryan
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
jason_jo

i think you can get away with runnning asscoiated springs on yokomo shocks, i think they rub slightly, the losi ones arn't a perfect fit either. im going to use associated shocks anyway.

ryan

ryan
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Good site find Bastos, is that BX a prototype you think or one with new bits on it?

I spot a funny rear diff plate which extends and holds anti-roll bars, also anti roll bars on the front... I see a silly dog! oh and alloy front arms and hub front blocks, maybe that's a different car, anyway... all good stuff!

Emily can you translate that page for me, or do you need a few years yet?

Bathy

i have fitted a losi xxx4g+ rear roll bar on the front of my bx just mucking around but it works on high grip tracks.

ryan

Bathy
04-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Bathy

i have fitted a losi xxx4g+ rear roll bar on the front of my bx just mucking around but it works on high grip tracks.

ryan

I've swapped all my XXX4 spares, got none left, you'll have to show me next time we're at the same race meet huh!

ryan
05-09-2006, 06:59 AM
you coming to the tiverton f3 4 5's bathy?

ryan

cabbynate
28-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Just got the springs yesterday. Would'nt you no Yokomo would add the stiffest springs with the kit. The track I will be runing on will be low traction, bumpy, indoors. I think I will start with 32.5wt oil up front yellow springs and go 32.5wt oil in the rear with yellow springs. The stock set up was way to stiff so this should lighten things up a bit. We shall see.....;)
Any sugestions do tell.......

cabbynate
01-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Tried the new springs. Setteled on yellow fronts and orange in the rear.
Seemd ok. Going to change around the pistons and see how that goes....

xx4-nutter
07-10-2006, 07:26 PM
i got bathys old xxx4 with all of the spares, cracking car ;)

Bastos
14-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Hello

I come back on the springs...somebody know the correspondence between asso springs or Losi springs ?

Thx

cabbynate
14-10-2006, 12:14 PM
Hello

I come back on the springs...somebody know the correspondence between asso springs or Losi springs ?

Thx
Yokomo doesn't tell you much. They add a chart telling you the range from smooth track to bumpy track. Black springs are the firmest and blue springs are the softest. There are 3 colors in between.

Bastos
14-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Yes but its allready interesting to know the correspondence, to search intermediate between asso and losi, searching...its the aim of a competitor:D