PDA

View Full Version : what touring car to buy??

paulc87
19-11-2011, 03:08 PM
looking to buy a new car soon and not sure what to buy? mi4lpcx pro, xray, hotbodies, associated....:confused:

any help is appreciated :thumbsup:

MChandler
19-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey,

What sort of surface will you be running on?
Whats the fastest car at your club?

Xray car is superb and best IMO (Support and Quality) especially for taking crashes also.

Schumacher car has great support but the quality is not the best.

Tamiya and Hotbodies cars are superb quality but the support and crashing factor is fatal with them.

Hope this helps a little.

paulc87
19-11-2011, 04:09 PM
running on carpet weekly but will be going outdoors in the summer

the fastest cars at my club are a mix of corallys and xrays

the xray does seem to be really popular , for an obvious reason but not sure if i wanna be part of the crowd? sounds silly i know lol

i have a tamiya trf416 at the minute and its great although tiime for something new now :)

qatmix
19-11-2011, 04:21 PM
They are all good, Tamiyas and Xrays are strong and fast, parts are expensive for Xray though.

The only brand I personally would stay away from is Associated.. If someone sneezes in their vicinity they break. Fast when they are not in pieces mind you.

Anyway they are all fast, just choose the one that you can get set-ups for and and spare parts. Tamiya have lots of online set-ups and their pro's post tips on how to get the best from the car.

(Personally, just keep the 416 and treat yourself to some tamiya gear diffs and split blocks)

paulc87
19-11-2011, 04:24 PM
split blocks?? :confused:

qatmix
19-11-2011, 04:58 PM
The suspension blocks. Front rear and rear front. They will give the chassis a little more flex. On my 417 they really helped the car hold more speed in the corners..

university_dave
19-11-2011, 07:36 PM
If you want to buy now then, to be honest, your choices are Xray, Serpent, Hot Bodies or Tamiya. Schumacher and TOP will both have new cars out next year, so if you buy one new it'll be out of date within months.

I'd probably go for the Xray, the Serpent appears quick but there seems to be some debate about kit specs and how many options you need.

I have to say it is not an easy choice at the moment. I'll be after a new TC after Christmas and I have absolutely no idea which one to go for...

jasjeet
21-11-2011, 12:22 AM
I got an Xray T2 008 for £115 second hand, brilliant car, extremely tunable and handles like a dream.
See if you can pick up a T2 009 or something.

DCM
21-11-2011, 07:05 AM
I have been successfully campaigning a Tamiya TA06Pro, no, it doesn't have a carbon chassis and you do have to upgrade the suspension blocks and steering, but it does come with geared diffs front and rear, plus the weight is all down the centre. Reasonably tough too, I have tried to break it without any luck.

tc3nitro
21-11-2011, 08:43 AM
They are all good, Tamiyas and Xrays are strong and fast, parts are expensive for Xray though.

The only brand I personally would stay away from is Associated.. If someone sneezes in their vicinity they break. Fast when they are not in pieces mind you.

Anyway they are all fast, just choose the one that you can get set-ups for and and spare parts. Tamiya have lots of online set-ups and their pro's post tips on how to get the best from the car.

(Personally, just keep the 416 and treat yourself to some tamiya gear diffs and split blocks)

I have run a tc6 for a complete indoor and outdoor series and I have only broken 1 C-hub and a steering knuckle !

Ae would be my choice ! But I am biased.

qatmix
21-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I have been successfully campaigning a Tamiya TA06Pro, no, it doesn't have a carbon chassis and you do have to upgrade the suspension blocks and steering, but it does come with geared diffs front and rear, plus the weight is all down the centre. Reasonably tough too, I have tried to break it without any luck.

Cool, I was soo tempted to get the ta06pro as it was so different. The problem was that I had only got my 417 a couple of months before so couldn't justify having this as well (As i wanted to get my money's worth out of the 417).

It seems to get great reviews on rctech, what class do you run it in at the club?

qatmix
21-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I have run a tc6 for a complete indoor and outdoor series and I have only broken 1 C-hub and a steering knuckle !

Ae would be my choice ! But I am biased.

As I said, its all about experiences. Since the TC3 AE cars seem to have got progressively more delicate so at our club they have become almost extinct.

DCM
21-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Currently we have open motor and tyre rule, I am on foams with a boosted 13.5 and it is more than competant with the power and level of grip, and not even had to put anti-roll bars on.

qatmix
21-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Cool :)

Sounds like our club rules.. (foams allowed and no cap on motors) I run 13.5t unboosted.

DCM
21-11-2011, 01:53 PM
We have toyed with limits, but in the end, we are a mixed buggy/tourer club, so it would segregate classes to much.