PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 HD connection

jaffacake
19-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Question to xbox gamers
Im looking to connect my 360 to a hd tv, but im confused,in the bundle i bought there is a 'component hd av cable' which i can connect to the hd port on the tv via i think its 3 or 4 leads,is this connection giving me true hd picture?
Reason i ask there is also available to buy at around 20 a dedicated hdmi cable???http://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/images/smilies/unsure[1].gif
Sorry my question is a bit long winded...could someone enlighten me?

bigred5765
19-11-2011, 06:09 PM
is true hdmi without a propper hdmi cable

bert digler
19-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Question to xbox gamers
Im looking to connect my 360 to a hd tv, but im confused,in the bundle i bought there is a 'component hd av cable' which i can connect to the hd port on the tv via i think its 3 or 4 leads,is this connection giving me true hd picture?
Reason i ask there is also available to buy at around 20 a dedicated hdmi cable???http://www.maxbashing.com/mbforum/images/smilies/unsure[1].gif
Sorry my question is a bit long winded...could someone enlighten me?

i think on the earlier stuff the cable enabled both hdmi and optical for dolby digital

jaffacake
19-11-2011, 06:30 PM
is true hdmi without a propper hdmi cable
Sorry,but what does that meen?

bigred5765
19-11-2011, 06:34 PM
if you look at the connection on the xbox that has to be plugged into a similar connect on the tv, hd wont work propperly going from hdmi to scart or avi connections as you discribed

Chris Green
19-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm afraid I dont know the answer to your question. I believe, for it to be true HC, you need to use a hdmi cable that plugs directly from the hdmi port on the xbox, into the tv.

There's no need to buy the dedicated microsoft xbox hdmi cable. I use a standard HDMI cable that I bought from a supermarket, and it works really well.

budgio
19-11-2011, 08:02 PM
There are 3 different ways of getting HD through your 360.
Component,VGA or HDMI
this link will help

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/how-to/audio-video-devices/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

pro4nut
19-11-2011, 08:36 PM
HDMI cables are universal, maplin to a nice cheap one for 5 which will be fine, the general feeling is that a cheap HDMI cable vs high end offers little noticable differance in quality. Having used QED 75 cables and the cheap ones i can't recommend the extra spend.
The advantage with these cables is they allow 2 way traffic which allows devices to detect the highest supported resolution of your screen this makes set up much simpler, however do adjust your screen settings to what suits yourself, typically reducing the contrast and brightness.
High
Definition
Media
Interface

VGA and Component cables will not give you as good a picture and will typically cost more.
Visual
Graphics
Array
does not support true high resolution images
Neither does component which splits the image signal into 3 components for reduced interferance and higher quality.
For blue ray and if you have tv that supports 1080p resolution you must use HDMI.

HD is frequently misused in description often to sell poor quality products