27-02-2008, 05:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Huw333
27-02-2008, 05:42 PM
What e-mail?

Garry Driffill
27-02-2008, 06:11 PM
applying for Team drives,

A-level and B-level for example the B Team could be a mix of F3-F4-F5 drivers and obvously the A-Team would be F2-F1 drivers..

DaveG28
27-02-2008, 06:12 PM
They are looking for drivers?

franki
27-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Indeed!!!!!

Wraggy
27-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Who else got it? :confused:

G
looks like just you then G almost:D

bigred5765
27-02-2008, 07:46 PM
please g please come back we miss you

PaulRotheram
27-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I got 'the' email too..

footey
27-02-2008, 08:08 PM
and are u taking up the offer paul

Southwell
27-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Can i have a drive please :)

Wraggy
27-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Can i have a drive please :)
you didnt get an email mate, so your not wanted !!:woot::woot:

josh_smaxx
27-02-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll go for B-level any day :woot: dads getting sick of paying for stuff :thumbsup:

rcracer
27-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I'll go for B-level any day :woot: dads getting sick of paying for stuff :thumbsup:

its not a freebie m8

Southwell
27-02-2008, 08:27 PM
you didnt get an email mate, so your not wanted !!:woot::woot:

I didn't apply, i didn't know tbh lol. But i think your right either way :lol::thumbsup:

josh_smaxx
27-02-2008, 08:28 PM
its not a freebie m8

I know i Know, im joking :thumbsup:

Huw333
27-02-2008, 08:34 PM
How are you supposed to get a team drive then? Is this a friend of a friend kinda thing? (i'm not after freebies btw :D)

footey
27-02-2008, 08:36 PM
they posted months ago for people to apply had to send them a cv :)

Huw333
27-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Ahh that would be why, i've been out of racing for about 7 years so i'd probably be about an F10 by now anyway lol :p

Chrislong
27-02-2008, 08:47 PM
LOL, sponsorship is a two way thing. Think of it as a job and payment/appreciation is in the supply/discount of parts.

How are you meant to get a team drive? Well thats a hard one... Just remember to not get a bad reputation for the bad things (shouting, dirty driving, tempers, breaking the car, poor forum etticate). Concentrate on improvement and helping others, soon doors will open im sure - just don't turn your back on important events, spanning from club race series (Schumacher Masters @ Worksop), to BRCA events (F2,3,4's / Juniors) and BRCA series (regionals - don't worry about doing nationals until ready to). be aware its a two way thing and the guys who may sponsor you want to know "Why should I sponsor this person? How can I benefit from him".

Hope this helps, and I hope somebody can add to what i have started with.

Chris

Tom3012
27-02-2008, 08:48 PM
i got an email entitled "X11 DRIVE" ..... still discussing:thumbsup:

showtime
27-02-2008, 08:54 PM
well i'd be an awesome asset for any team & a Pred drive would be spot on :thumbsup:

they wouldn't even have to worry about keeping me in beer at meetings now i've stopped drinking, that will save them LOADS :thumbsup:

Huw333
27-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks Chris, good advice :thumbsup:

I probably would be a team driver now if i'd had carried on racing, always tried to help people out and give them advice. I raced at a few regional events (one in worksop!). I gave up though when half my stuff got stolen and i didnt really have the money to replace it. Fortunately i'm older now so i have a bit more spare cash and dont have to rely on my parents to taxi me around! :lol:

franki
27-02-2008, 09:19 PM
If i can help any one in any way regarding info on the team drives or info on the X11 then please PM me and i will help were i can.

Kind Regards

Frankie
www.the-pred.co.uk (http://www.the-pred.co.uk)

XTREME RC
28-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Just to clear any confusion, we have recently picked our drivers and we did post it a few months ago. If you are interested in being part of the team please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking for all levels of drivers to contribute to the team.

It may just be easiet for me to post something similar to what we originally posted.:)

Hi guys!

We are currently looking for team drivers for our awesome x11. We are looking for drivers all over the u.s.a. and worlwide. You will need to be enthusiastic and be able to report back with general and technical information. We would require you to send your racing c.v to shop@xtreme-rc.biz
it would be helpful if you could also mentione where you are based. We are looking at all abilities, not just ‘a’ team drivers. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any other queries.

Best regards and have a nice day :thumbsup:

yanina
team xtreme

Chequered Flag Racing
28-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Who else got it? :confused:

G

I didn't and I used to have support back in the late 90's :(

mattym0310
28-02-2008, 10:52 AM
why am i not getting replies to any of my emails??

Lee
28-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Did you press send?:p

burgie
28-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Cant help but thinking all this is a little too late?

Unless of course, they have a superstar driver or two on their books but don't want to name them yet?

Somehow I doubt it.

Tom3012
28-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Unless of course, they have a superstar driver or two on their books but don't want to name them yet?

Me Chris!!!! :p haha just joking

Huw333
28-02-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm definately interested but dont really think my C.V. would really cut it:( i'm guessing i'd need to have an X11 too? :confused:

Wraggy
28-02-2008, 02:59 PM
i'm guessing i'd need to have an X11 too? :confused:
no i wouldnt have thought it was essential to have one at all ..

Huw333
28-02-2008, 03:06 PM
lol :p probably what i should have said was, i'm looking at getting an X10, but if i upgraded it to an X11 would that still count? When does the season officially start anyway?

mattym0310
28-02-2008, 09:06 PM
so who's accepted apart from shane?

burgie
28-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Me Chris!!!! :p haha just joking

well, that went without saying tom...go on, take the drive......:thumbsup:

Tom3012
28-02-2008, 10:02 PM
well, that went without saying tom...go on, take the drive......:thumbsup:

id love to chris.... i cant afford an X11 though :(

Lee
28-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Surely a b team drive would be 50%, things would be cheap as chips then.:confused:

Tom3012
28-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Surely a b team drive would be 50%, things would be cheap as chips then.:confused:

unfortunately not.... we'll see what happens:)

Welshy40
01-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I think your all crazy, save your money and buy a good strong car, as I seriously doubt that this will be a trouble free car, as even when Kevin was winning everything as well as Billy M making the worlds A with one, the cars were rebuilt after ever heat. Yes they have changed it and the company is in new hands but its still too fragile even with the metal added bits and stronger gears etc. It still sounds awful.

Lee
01-03-2008, 06:59 PM
The cars are now very reliable, im sure Northy and yardeeee will agree but i think the car now struggles with the new era of uk tracks, things have moved on but sadly the pred has not:cry:

XTREME RC
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi

I can assure you that the X11 is a strong car and a very fast one too!:p
Have you tried an X11? It is not an X10.

Garry Driffill
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I have just Joined Team Extreme for my 2008 Season ! My X11 is now orderd and i simply cannot wait to get this car out on the track !

I will be more than happy to answer anyones questions either on here or trackside.

I think that it is great that these cars are still going for all these years we have a good strong fan base for this uniqe design which is exelent to see.

My first run with the car will be at Batley outdoors on Sunday 9th March, simple cant wait !

Roll on Belgium 2008 !

GRIFF55
01-03-2008, 07:03 PM
:eh?:Tom's (yardy)looked good and not too noisy at all. I can't comment on the rest of the car mind as i only ever borrowed a mates pred back in the 90's. Good luck with it lads

Garry Driffill
01-03-2008, 07:22 PM
I think your all crazy, save your money and buy a good strong car, as I seriously doubt that this will be a trouble free car, as even when Kevin was winning everything as well as Billy M making the worlds A with one, the cars were rebuilt after ever heat. Yes they have changed it and the company is in new hands but its still too fragile even with the metal added bits and stronger gears etc. It still sounds awful.

Have you owend an X11 ?

RogerM
01-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I am glad to see that the Predator is alive and well. I ran one from 94 till about 2001 / 2002 and I must admit that my experiences where all positive. OK I am an engineer and somewhat suffer from OCD when it comes to building and maintaining my cars but I definately did a full season (think it was 99) with out breaking a single part and only replacing the gears once ..... due to replacing diff balls and plates, thrusts and screws .... seemed daft not to do the gears as well.

Will be great to see them back on track ...... good luck to all those running this car.

Garry Driffill
01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the support there Roger, Which T-Tech car did you run mate ?

Garry

Lee
01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I will be more than happy to answer anyones questions either on here or trackside.

How fast does it go mr??:lol:

Good to hear garry, i thought you were an S4 man?

I`ll have the aero out at batley as well for its northern debut:thumbsup: But im going on sunday the 9th:lol:

Garry Driffill
01-03-2008, 07:44 PM
How fast does it go mr??:lol:

Good to hear garry, i thought you were an S4 man?

I`ll have the aero out at batley as well for its northern debut:thumbsup: But im going on sunday the 9th:lol:

LOL, well time calls for a change and a step in the right direction, I think its great that Team Xtreme have given a great chance like this and i tend to make the most of it, learning as much as possible and im sure my racing will progress thinking with a positive mind and having a good car for my 2008 season.

Speed wise... faster than a woman with £100 in a january sale :lol:. Should be a good meeting at Batley providing the weather holds out ! Loving the aero shell Lee

Garry

RogerM
01-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the support there Roger, Which T-Tech car did you run mate ?

Garry

XT
95Pro
Mich' edition
P8

On road too

Streetwise
DTM
DTM-T1 (think it was T1.... might have been something else1 .... lol)

I was somewhat of a one-brand man there for a long while!!!

Garry Driffill
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM
XT
95Pro
Mich' edition
P8

On road too

Streetwise
DTM
DTM-T1 (think it was T1.... might have been something else1 .... lol)

I was somewhat of a one-brand man there for a long while!!!

Nice !

one of the first Real fast buggys i saw was a P8 which just so happens to be in the forsale thread right now stonking quick that was !

First time seeing a modified 10th scale was blinding to me a good few years ago now mind :lol:

Garry

Tom3012
01-03-2008, 10:00 PM
i really want an X11.. its just even at the trade price i have been offered, i cant raise the initial buying of the car funds :(...

on that note... buy me one to garry :thumbsup:

bigred5765
02-03-2008, 12:22 AM
i want a aston martin db9
if anyone fancies sponsoring me ill drive one for you lmao

Garry Driffill
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
i want a aston martin db9
if anyone fancies sponsoring me ill drive one for you lmao

That can be arranged carl :thumbsup:

Alfonzo
02-03-2008, 08:34 AM

I think it's only fair to defend the Pred on this score. I've owned an X10 for a year or so and can honestly say it's one of the strongest cars I've run. I can't comment on the early Predator cars as I never owned one, but understand they were very fragile. It's a shame that reputation still lives on, but that's human nature I suppose. At a meeting last weekend a fellow racer said to me 'I can't believe you're clearing the double jump in one with a Pred, it'll break!'. Well, no it didn't. In fact, it pretty much never does. As I said, I never ran the early versions, but whatever differences there are add up to a much stronger ride. The X11 is stronger again.

'But it's expensive' - Yes it is. It's made in small numbers from expensive materials here in the UK, it ain't Chinese.

'It's hard work to maintain' - No.

'It's noisy' - Not really.

It doesn't have the dominance of old, because the competition is so much better than back in the day, but if you want to run a unique, interesting and beautifully engineered car - it's the job. Oh, and it's strong - did i mention that? :woot:

Right - can I have an X11 now? :thumbsup::woot:

mattym0310
02-03-2008, 09:15 AM
after that, i think you deserve one! :woot:

Alfonzo
02-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Ha Ha!:D Still catching my breath:lol:

footey
02-03-2008, 09:39 AM
i agree to that the pred still will be agreat car i ran a x10 for a while and never realy broke the car and will be running a x11 this season and cant wait to be running a car whith such a unique designe
so hopfully a great 2008 season will be had by all drivers especially all the pred drivers across the world

Huw333
02-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I owned one of the early preds (XK95 i think?), in fact it was only my third car but i'd always wanted one and a guy visited my club saying he was selling his so i couldn't refuse!

I was probably one of the people the contributed to its bad reputation, i broke the chassis the first time i raced it (on tarmac with no jumps :lol:). Then broke another a couple of months later when i raced it indoors, (i jumped over a rope and straight into a brick wall) stragely enough the chassis broke in exactly the same place

I was regularly responsible for the 'tractor' noise but once i started racing on grass the next summer, i got to know the guy who owns model hobby who specialsed in pred parts. He got me some sets of the white nylon gears and they were much better. After that i always checked the car over after each meeting and cleaned the gearboxes out.

I raced for a couple of years after that but then i grew up and didnt have time for it anymore. I've just bought an X10 though so hopefully it'll be easier to maintain! I've always loved the car, it just needed a lot of attention!

Garry Driffill
02-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Regarding maintainence on youre X10 drive train wise when build if from kit status you shouldnt have no issues or have to rebuild for a long tome if its done correctly, with the build manual there is loads of hints and tips everywhere from the team.. ! im sure Northy will back me up on this point ;).

the X11 upgrade parts are in stock for youre X10 ;).. check out the pimpy blueness LOL

Garry

AndyM
02-03-2008, 02:59 PM
Can't wait for mine to turn up aswell :D

Lee
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I think they will have to rename it Team yorkshire:lol:

Chrislong
02-03-2008, 04:10 PM
:lol: Team everyone

MattW
02-03-2008, 05:51 PM
It isn't fair to slag the strength of the car any more. It was an issue way back in the day - and any of us that were in any close to any of the team in the days of Will M et al knows what went on then - and it doesn't now, as it doesn't need to.

I ran an X10 for a year in 2006, and i ran a xx4 last year - and i can guarantee anyone that i used more spares last year on the xx4 than i did on the X10. The Pred isn't a difficult car to run any more. When i sold my car a few weeks ago it had all kit transmission parts - driveshafts, diffs, spur gear, everything.

There are other reasons i decided not to run my car, but strength and reliability were not among them.

Garry Driffill
02-03-2008, 05:55 PM
The way i look at it is, yes there was problems... but everyting has been rectified and taken on board what was wrong and its all been fixed and looked into which i think is great...

When the older less reliable cars was around they did have a bad name, but look now, does anyone see any predator drivers with them apart every round?

Garry

Cooper
02-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Roll on Belgium 2008 !

huh?
are you going to run Belgian nationals??

Huw333
02-03-2008, 11:20 PM
When the older less reliable cars was around they did have a bad name, but look now, does anyone see any predator drivers with them apart every round?

Garry

I bet i'll be the first! :lol::lol::lol:
I'll let you know when i get it though....:thumbsup:

rcracer
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
huh?

the gp dude :thumbsup:

Garry Driffill
03-03-2008, 01:32 AM
huh?

As my dad said ill be attending the Belgium GP, its going to be sooooooo cool ! :lol:

I bet i'll be the first! :lol::lol::lol:
I'll let you know when i get it though....:thumbsup:

LOL Huw im sure its gotta be easier to take apart that a XX4 :lol:. Yes that would be ace, Let me know how you get on with the build and drop me some feed back dude !

Garry

rowanp25
03-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Im still running a P8 did a full season with it on "box standard" gears! they weren't as troublesome as youd think! n hey garry im sure you wouldnt have been interested in the pred if it weren't for mine lol! all it takes is a lil bit of setting up! make sure your gears are well meshed (tight if brand new, run a pack through at about quarter speed n they are great) also set the slipper up propper! My car was more reliable overall than those who modded to fit the tc3 gears (make sure you cut a groove on the shaft to e clip the pinions in place!) im looking forward to running the pred this year on my local grass track!:D

Cooper
03-03-2008, 05:10 PM
As my dad said ill be attending the Belgium GP, its going to be sooooooo cool ! :lol:

Well, that track is my local track, and I am also a new team driver, I'm not subscribed for 4wd because I didn't plan running it but I will have trained alot and found a nice setup for you (I hope :p) Hopefully I will still have a place on sunday :)

Garry Driffill
03-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Ahh thats great Cooper, its always helpful to know local info an a different track !

I spoke to Lewis today and he said that it looks like he and Yanina are going to be there also, should be pretty good :lol:

Garry