People only have so much time...

I haven't raced on the last two changes

Deano577
23-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Just wondered as its changed a few times in the last few weeks
Looking forward to sunday

Getpip
23-11-2011, 09:38 PM
So is the big jump in front of the rostrum still there?

Crash
23-11-2011, 09:40 PM
So is the big jump in front of the rostrum still there?

OH YES!!!

Deano577
23-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Air time !!!!

martin so16
24-11-2011, 07:08 PM
no track changes it only got changed the last few times because of health and saftey for the marshals and to make it flow better

M.Andrews
24-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Air time !!!!

Big air if you want to risk it and get the quickest laps in!!!!!.:thumbsup:

Getpip
25-11-2011, 11:55 AM
It's not my cup of tea. :(

The Chef
25-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Big air if you want to risk it and get the quickest laps in!!!!!.:thumbsup:

I'll have a go though:woot:

TARTMAN
25-11-2011, 03:01 PM
the jump in front of the rostrum, while not my favourite thing(broke my cougar 2 times on it lol), if you are carefull or skilled, it can be mastered....

I am working on both of them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

MrMagoo
25-11-2011, 03:18 PM
I have to say I love the jump in front of the rostrum as it's an area that a skilled driver can use to make time in a lap. It does take some practice to master (I'm not there yet:lol:) but I don't think is really that hard once you get your head around it. From my nitro experience where we have much bigger jumps I think there are a few basics to keep in mind:

1/ Make sure you're straight on to the take off before you gas it
2/ Don't get psyked into hitting it harder than you have to, if you over shoot the landing you'll lose time and or break something
3/ If you come in to the jump and aren't 100% sure brake and roll it, you'll lose less time than getting it wrong and waiting for a marshal
4/ Hitting the down ramp is the best option, but watching last time out as long as you reach the flat-top you should be fine.

It also helps if you can learn to control the car in the air using the stearing, brakes and throttle.

Now if I can just practice what I preach it'll all be good on Sunday:woot:

Stuweatherman
25-11-2011, 03:51 PM
4/ Hitting the down ramp is the best option, but watching last time out as long as you reach the flat-top you should be fine.

The only thing I did find difficult is judging the approaching speed of your car as its directly at your feet!! I was finding it easier when it was one section over, but understand why it was moved.

Did try it anti-clockwise as well after racing last week but the table top first followed by the hump jump doesn't work as well as when going clockwise.

M.Andrews
25-11-2011, 07:40 PM
I have to say I love the jump in front of the rostrum as it's an area that a skilled driver can use to make time in a lap. It does take some practice to master (I'm not there yet:lol:) but I don't think is really that hard once you get your head around it. From my nitro experience where we have much bigger jumps I think there are a few basics to keep in mind:

1/ Make sure you're straight on to the take off before you gas it
2/ Don't get psyked into hitting it harder than you have to, if you over shoot the landing you'll lose time and or break something
3/ If you come in to the jump and aren't 100% sure brake and roll it, you'll lose less time than getting it wrong and waiting for a marshal

It also helps if you can learn to control the car in the air using the stearing, brakes and throttle.

Now if I can just practice what I preach it'll all be good on Sunday:woot:

All eyes on you John at the weekend,watch the master at work!

MrMagoo
26-11-2011, 07:30 AM
All eyes on you John at the weekend,watch the master at work!

Yeah, guaranteed to bin it every time now:lol:

lordnikon
26-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I think the double is definitely a 4wd job. Very tricky with 2wd to do it I reckon

Crash
26-11-2011, 03:28 PM
I think the double is definitely a 4wd job. Very tricky with 2wd to do it I reckon

It can be done with 2wd once you get a bit of confidence. I was getting it spot on for 7 of 9 laps last week. The other two laps were.... Well..... Let's jet call them inconsistent :lol:

Stuweatherman
26-11-2011, 04:49 PM
It can be done with 2wd once you get a bit of confidence. I was getting it spot on for 7 of 9 laps last week.

Was that after i told you what line to take over the first jump!! lol ;)

Crash
26-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Was that after i told you what line to take over the first jump!! lol ;)

Hahaha it might have helped a little :thumbsup:

lordnikon
28-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Pretty extreme case on Sunday but with the low sun and right on the end of a packed rostrum, but could the black edging be brought in around by the small 'V' shaped jump ? Saw a couple of cars get caught on the far side from the rostrum underneath or down the side of this.

ASKay
28-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Pretty extreme case on Sunday but with the low sun and right on the end of a packed rostrum, but could the black edging be brought in around by the small 'V' shaped jump ? Saw a couple of cars get caught on the far side from the rostrum underneath or down the side of this.

Done this myself in the past, be nice if the edging was actually on and over the ramps....

DHB
28-11-2011, 01:23 PM
The plan was for edging to go over the ramps, but we have wanted to try ramps and track layout to see if it worked before we finalise pipe etc. We are just trying to come up with a track that is both challaging yet user friendly and safe for Marshalls as well. Plans are not to change anything to much at present. We do have some ideas that may develop in time though. Good to see its got people talking.

Dan

lordnikon
28-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I think the current track is wicked, credit to all the guys that have put effort in to get it where it is today :thumbsup:

Just a matter of refinement now, and getting the marshall points in the right place once Race Control is moved etc

simoncrabb
28-11-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm not a big fan of the current layout, mainly cos I don't like hairpins!

SteveB
28-11-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not a big fan of the current layout, mainly cos I don't like hairpins!

That whats the brakes are for :p

Need to level the track a little more to get faster flowing spots, we will do this but other aspects need resolving sooner than track needs.

Deano577
28-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Is there any chance of moving that hump it of the for one race meeting IMO it slows the flow of the track down to much