PDA

View Full Version : B4 chassis

frogger
28-02-2008, 12:13 AM
I just got my Factory Team B4 and it seems it has come with a graphite chassis. I assume it's one of the older kits as I was told the newer B4 FT kits come with a plastic chassis as the team drivers prefer it. Will it be worth buying a plastic chassis to build the car up with that or should I just go with the graphite one?

Any other build tips to look out for?

Thanks!

Thomas P
28-02-2008, 05:13 AM
Hmm, my B4 was carbon, and the AE site says this Frogger - The B4 Factory Team features all molded carbon components including the chassis, front and rear shock towers, front and rear A-Arms, chassis brace, and top plate. The battery strap is made of woven carbon fiber, and comes with a chrome/black "AE Factory Team" sticker.

id say stick with the carbon one..on low grip tracks it could be a good ide to use plastic.

Danosborne6661
28-02-2008, 04:50 PM
My new B4 is carbon too Carl!

Chris Doughty
28-02-2008, 04:56 PM
do your boxes have Neil Craggs car on the front?

a plastic chassis would help make the car safe, but to get you up and running just build the car and get some track time with it :D - see how you like it then.

frogger
28-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Well I couldn't wait so the car is now built up :D

No idea if it's Neil's car on the front. All I need now is my electrics then this puppy will be running.

MattADH
28-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey Carl

How about Eden Park on Sunday? There should be lots of people there to help with your B4 should you need it.

frogger
28-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Matt, I am very tempted mate. My B44 is up and running and ready to race but the problem is it's mothers day! What time you guys starting and finishing?

zaquiz
28-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I had same issue, thought the B4 came with carbon chassis, so I bought a spare "plastic" chassis... TO my suprise when the order arrived BOTH chassis were the same, I didnt know that they have changed the FT version to plastic chassis!

d16dcoe45
29-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Are you SURE your chassis is carbon? If it is one of the "new" style ones(black box, no plastic wrap around the box) it should be a plastic chassis. If you read the back of the black box, it describes it as being "composite" which is the stock, plastic chassis. The graphite and plastic look VERY similar, but I think the graphite is slightly darker in shade.

I think the plastic chassis is tons better on the track I race on. Just alot easier to drive, I don't want the carbon chassis. With these cars its a balance, when people say the carbon is stiffer that doesn't mean the plastic is floppy! It just means the plastic has sligthly more give in--can absorb a bit of shock.

frogger
29-02-2008, 07:17 PM
You might be right, it could be the composite one. It looks a lot like the graphite chassis I have on my 1/18th LRP Shark. Whatever it is, the car is built up with it now so it'll be used until it breaks - if ever :D

mw02veg
29-02-2008, 07:38 PM
im goin eden park this weekend. most pll arrive around 8 8.30 practice till 9.45 racing starts at 10. usally the meeting finishes around 4. would highly recommend a trip down plus theres gunna be a raffle with TOPEND prises. hope u do make it down
cheers grant williams