PDA

View Full Version : Eastrax Round 6 - 9 March 08

jcb
29-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Just to remind you all round six of the Eastrax winter series is just over a month away.

Like normal turn up on the day and just enjoy yourselves. Racing starts about 10:30

CharlieF
29-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Jonathan you need that edit tool again :woot::woot: - Eastrax round six is a week on Sunday!!:thumbsup:

blitzboy
29-02-2008, 11:29 PM
mmm looking good too but dont forget the regioals too guys eastrax is a busy place this month:p

jcb
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks to Paul and everyone at Eastrax for running a really good winter series. I personally enjoyed it loads, and found the series a challenge as I have never run 19 Turn in off road and you suddenly realise when restricted on power how much time you lose by making mistakes.

Congratulations to Sam, who managed to keep me on my toes for most of the day, maybe next year mate? Also to Jack, as it's really good to see a young driver (and his Dad) take part in the whole series.

One thing I do have to say is that I really don't know why there were so few drivers from the East of England and Mid East regions take part in the series. I for one have been waiting for years for a permanent Astro track in the local area to race on in the winter so lets make the most of it.

Happy racing and see you all at the East of England regional in April.

blitzboy
09-03-2008, 08:46 PM
here here ,,, totally agree with u jonathon this track is getting better and better all the time ,, you guys are missing out on a good venue but i think the juniors will bring that to light this year and i hope to see alot more drivers there for the regionals in april ,,, mmmm and last but not least oh yes there are to be some newadditions to this great track apparently hint hint ready for the regionals so its gona be good :woot:and i mean good so dont miss out guys roll on april

Dufty07
09-03-2008, 09:36 PM
And so it came to be...., they who can... DID, and it was resplendent. And those who cannot, did not and stayed in the pits of self despair. And the mornings rolled out in the sands of time as the wind took the innocence of the belivers, the thunder held back its mighty roar, and rain was held by the allmighty, he who is. For the time of the winter series was now at an end, the world was now silent again as the shadows once more fell over the land, as it had done so many times before, and will do again long after the world falls from mans embrace. The gladiators had embroiled there battles, the mighty and the fallen had pitched there all against each other, and the elements. But only the true had risen above the cold epoch and touched the flicker of victory, the embrace and passion of greatness........................... Gongratulations jonathan!!!!:D :D:lol:

And well done to all involved, Paul and family for all the help (and the food, you do go that extra mile , thank you for a job well done, and to everyone who took part, good one boys...............C U in D regionals..........WATCH OUT IM COMIN THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::D:lol:

blitzboy
09-03-2008, 09:49 PM
nice one dufty we ll see you in april for the dawn of the regional eastrax style mate ,,,,, and im running my d4 dude so watch your ass cause i be kickin ya this time mate well done on the final mate,,,, time you got your war paint sorted was nt it :thumbsup:

SimonW
09-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Well done JCB, boy done good and that new car you won will make up for all those bits you broke trying to go that fast. Conrats' to Paul on a well run meeting as always see you all for the regionals guys.

Blitzboy, Does that mean there will be more jumps then or wot ?

Dufty07
09-03-2008, 10:08 PM
Hows the tummy simon?:confused:

blitzboy
09-03-2008, 10:13 PM
lets just say that eastrax may be going UP half ////////with the wall of death .... you know that big muond of soil to the left of the track or should i say hill ,,,,, mmmmm enough said i think pictures comin soon guys :thumbsup:

Dufty07
09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::woot::w oot::wub

SimonW
09-03-2008, 10:36 PM
do you mean that bit you jumped over the fence with

Dufty07
09-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I was once a dot you know, a little dot, just sitting there........Im glad im not a dot anymore...:confused:...............:lol:

B4 Sloth
13-03-2008, 09:12 AM
I live in Rayleigh and want to race every now and again. Lawford/ Coastal in Ipswich look cool but are a bit of a drive. Is eastrax closer, what format, what tyres motors etc are you running. So far i have only got one 4500 mah pack- orion rocket.... I need to get another stick pack...will it need to be 4500 or can i save a few pennies?:thumbsup:

blitzboy
13-03-2008, 09:46 AM
hi mate eastrax is just the other side of sutton bridge on the way to kings lynn so not sure if thats closer for you ,,,, tyres are either ballistic buggys blue & green or in the summer shumacher yellow spikes all round ,,, motor well we ve just finished the winter series which was mod and 19 turn (19 turn is good and is cheaper ) and as for batteries you dont need to go to 4500 ,, but they still need to be a good set no less than 3800 cheers

graham :cool:

jcb
13-03-2008, 02:32 PM
I live in Rayleigh and want to race every now and again. Lawford/ Coastal in Ipswich look cool but are a bit of a drive. Is eastrax closer, what format, what tyres motors etc are you running. So far i have only got one 4500 mah pack- orion rocket.... I need to get another stick pack...will it need to be 4500 or can i save a few pennies?:thumbsup:

Hi,

your best bet would be to check out

www.rcracechat.com/eoe (http://www.rcracechat.com/eoe)

it links you to the East of England website where you will find links to all the clubs in the area along with a helpful map where they are all located. I would think that Eastax will be too far if Coastals a bit of a drive. There are however clubs at Colchester (between Lawford and Ipswich) and Mid Essex Remote Car Club which is just north of Chelmsford in Great Braxted.

I don't know exactly where Rayleigh is but it may also be worth looking at Stotfold Model Car Club, who race near Hinxworth which is just off the A1 on the A505, and also Eden Park which is as far as I am aware is somewhere just south of the Dartford Bridge off the M25.

Nearly all clubs with the exception of Lawford race four qualifiers of five minutes and one final also of five minutes. The most popular tyres for nearly all tracks are schumacher mini spikes in yellow and green and ballistic buugy spikes in green. As Graham has said at Eastrax the winter series was ran on Ballistic Buggy Tyres and a 19 turn motor limit which helped to reduce costs and keep the racing nice and close. Your best bet with any meeting to is to check the club website or ask on the forum as to what they are racing motor wise or what is the most popular choice of tyres.

In terms of motors it really depends on your experiance, the 19 turns are good to learn with and can be competitive against modifieds to. Otherwise something like a 12x2 would be a good starting point. Likewise with batteries your local model shop would be a good place to start but anything around 3700 mah upwards should be fine, although it is handy to have the same brand, spec and make of batteries as it keeps the performance when racing consistent.

Hope that helps

SimonW
13-03-2008, 03:16 PM
Looks to me like your close to southend, your best bet is probably going to be EPO raceway, Trekker or Niggs98 would be the guys that could help you out they are good blokes and will help out any way they can I'm sure, HTH