PDA

View Full Version : Arenax rnd 2

tnx king
30-11-2011, 06:16 PM
Ok Round 2 on the 11th December

As every one was telling us and we ourselves noticed that the tyre wear was high with the dboots we have modified the track with some prima gt carpet to cover most of the hession. We did tests on both A compound and B compound tyres,

A compound would last 3 rounds untill giving up grip and times did start to suffer these were tested by leon

B compound Carter did practice, 5 rounds, and 20 minute run at the end and the tyres had still had plenty of grip, looked warn but plenty of grip, no real loss in time.

Dboots originaly did there testing with both the blue carpet and Bearing Breaker Green the tyres then, where very good. Due to the green carpet not fluffing up and knackering bearing, we had to lift and use the hession which was not tested, A mistake on our part.

This is why we have tested the new carpet and tyres to make sure it will work and cost is kept to a minimal on tyres.

We Have decided to for rnd 2 to offer the b compound tyre at £6
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben

Michaeli
30-11-2011, 06:24 PM
I'll be back for another go :)

Has the track layout changed and has the big jump had perspex put on it yet?

Any updated pics?

Many thanks
Michael

tnx king
05-12-2011, 06:12 PM
There is no change in track yet, as we do not want to give any advantage to the the racers on tuesday night !!:p

We have tightened up the mesh and it works fine now have been running on a tuesday night for 2 weeks and no problems, If there is going to be a cross over:othis time

Since last time we have sorted out tyre ware isue with getting some prima gt carpet and covered most of the hession up with this..

No new photos untill new track is sorted...late on in the week

cheers

ben

tnx king
05-12-2011, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYUp_SGNq4M)

Not sure if you have seen this or not yet A final 2wd round 1:thumbsup:

Andrew Twigger
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
If the wear has improved due to the new carpet then I'm all over Sunday!

Very pleasing to find a club that use criticism positively. Top job guys!

spyro
05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
If the wear has improved due to the new carpet then I'm all over Sunday!

Very pleasing to find a club that use criticism positively. Top job guys!

Thanks for the comments Andrew, I will try and get time to get some video tuesday night.

After testing last week it appears the B compound tyre is better as it still grips when worn.

As Ben as said above the track layout is still the same, and may or may not change before Sunday :D

Andrew Twigger
05-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Will you have tyres available tomorrow night too?

spyro
05-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Will you have tyres available tomorrow night too?

Will bring some with me.

James
07-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Whats timing like for running 2 classes? Would I have plenty of time inbetween races to run two?
Thanks

spyro
07-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Whats timing like for running 2 classes? Would I have plenty of time inbetween races to run two?
Thanks

Hi James

we have a number of drivers running two classes so we will try and run the heat order to give the maximun time possible for you guys.

paulc
07-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Looking at coming to this meeting is there any power avilable or is it ok to bring car batterys into the pit area ?

What time do we need to be there 8 oclock ok and pay on the day ?

And i take tyres will be aviliable to buy on the day too but is there a model shop there too ?

Sorry for all the questions

Paul

Andrew Twigger
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
I think it was said elsewhere that it would be easier for booking if you could book online and then bail out of paying via PayPal and pay on the day.

There are one or two power sockets but strictly speaking you need to bring a 12v.

Tyres are available on the day. There are two model shops, neither of which look to stock Durango bits (correct me if I'm wrong).

HTH

spyro
07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Looking at coming to this meeting is there any power avilable or is it ok to bring car batterys into the pit area ?

What time do we need to be there 8 oclock ok and pay on the day ?

And i take tyres will be aviliable to buy on the day too but is there a model shop there too ?

Sorry for all the questions

Paul

Hi Paul

12v only please it's not an issue, (the mains electrics are :) ) please make sure you have it in a container... just in case.

Doors open at 7am, first heat on the line for 10am, so 8am is fine.

Pre-book is preferable as it makes all our lives easier and speeds the job up, if PayPal gives you an issue let me know and I will confirm your entry manually.

Tyres are available on the day, and last but not least there will be NO shop at this round.

Cheers

Chris

spyro
07-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Driver list updated :)

paulc
07-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Cheers guys entered and payed :thumbsup:

spyro
07-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Cheers guys entered and payed :thumbsup:

Got it and confirmed :thumbsup:

spyro
08-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Driver list updated again :)

http://www.arenax.co.uk/drivers.html

phil c
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Entered and payed

/tobys
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Will you have the heating on this time?

spyro
09-12-2011, 10:20 AM
We may try running the heater near the pits.

Although it does depend on the overnight/outdoor temperature if we get the condensation or not. There's nothing worse than indoor rain !!

spyro
09-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Driver list updated again :D

http://www.arenax.co.uk/drivers.html (http://www.arenax.co.uk/drivers.html)

Robbiejuk
09-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Filling up niceley then :thumbsup:

johnni boi
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Ill be up there with my shortcourse! :thumbsup:

reg
10-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Top job lads on another good meeting,track was ace,drove like a goon all day but still had fun:thumbsup:
WELLDONE A1:thumbsup:

julianb
11-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Many thanks to all for a very enjoyable days racing. My previous off-road experience extends only to a few rounds at Worksop, so racing on a grippy surface was something of a shock!!!

Cheers

Ju

carter_213
11-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Was sweet today,layout was awesome! New carpet has pretty much taken the tyre wear problem away! I did all day on one set of A's and if anything they got better when they were worn.Well done to all the A1 guys! Got yourselfs a nice little series going on!

wes j.
11-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Chris and co should give themselves a massive pat on the back. The first track was great but today was probably the best layout i've ever raced on. Keep it going chaps can't wait for round 3 :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

ironmangav
11-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Great Track loved it!!
Someone needs to youtube the SC final,should have more races with 12 trucks in like that great fun.

pat*1
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Another well done from me for todays racing..:thumbsup: just a pity my brain and fingers wernt coordinated:(

tnx king
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kv2FoSsCs&sns=em (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kv2FoSsCs&sns=em)

Thanks for all the comments guys only managed to get down to see the finals, Short course looked fun as always..:thumbsup: Role on the next one can not wait:)

johnni boi
11-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Great days racing as always from the A1 club. :thumbsup:

Shame about the temperature inside though, should get something sorted with cables so the door can shut properly. I had to shut it several times as it was very cold where i was sat :p Also noticed a serious injury involving the tabletop at the back. Not a good days racing for that guy.

Overall awsome day :thumbsup:

Rich D
11-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Many thanks from me too, first time at the venue, really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

deepdale11
12-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Many thanks to A1 club, great track and complimentary tea and coffee..nice one!

ironmangav
12-12-2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAmG71lYVs

short course practise

paulc
12-12-2011, 05:07 PM
First time to a A1 racing club meeting got to say well done to all involved for a well run meeting good track and i liked the free practice before the meeting and in the lunch break. It was soooo cold though

spyro
12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Great days racing as always from the A1 club. :thumbsup:

Shame about the temperature inside though, should get something sorted with cables so the door can shut properly. I had to shut it several times as it was very cold where i was sat :p Also noticed a serious injury involving the tabletop at the back. Not a good days racing for that guy.

Overall awsome day :thumbsup:

I will have a word and see if we can find another route for the cables, that will allow the door to be kept shut.

spyro
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Results will be up tomorrow. :D

Robbiejuk
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I will have a word and see if we can find another route for the cables, that will allow the door to be kept shut.

I spotted a hole that could be used. Near the scoreboard computer where the heaters are fed in from outside the building. If we had all the generators down the side the cables could be fed through there and not through the door.

julianb
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM

It's a shame, the building really needs a lobby to solve the cold issue. - An extra box with another set of doors. Not your problem though!!!

Loved the track. After five minutes of practice I thought I'd never master it. By round two I 'got' it. Then spent the rest of the day overdriving and crashing... ;-)

Just one request. can I trade the extra set of A compound rears I purchased, for a set of B's next time around - defo more grip with the softer compound. The A's seem to lose the will to live after three or four rounds.

Which front tyre's are the top 2wd boys using?

cheers

Ju

Nick
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Just standard stagged ribs Jules or cut staggers if you want more steering

Rich D
12-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Just standard stagged ribs Jules or cut staggers if you want more steering

Yeah std Schu stagger ribs on the front of my car. Slim rims, no inserts obviously !

I found the B compound to be ultimately faster too although during practice i felt that the A were easier to learn the track on having tested both. Wish it wasnt so far or else id be there Tuesday nights :thumbsup:

julianb
12-12-2011, 10:19 PM
S'funny - exactly what I remember you telling me Rich! ;-)

Sorry - curse my goldfish memory!!!

One other thing, who do i have to sleep with to put all those cool sponsor names after my avatar....

lol...

Rich D
12-12-2011, 10:27 PM
S'funny - exactly what I remember you telling me Rich! ;-)

Sorry - curse my goldfish memory!!!

One other thing, who do i have to sleep with to put all those cool sponsor names after my avatar....

lol...

You have to divorce yourself from TC before you stand any chance Jules :lol:

ironmangav
14-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Results will be up tomorrow. :D

any results yet?

spyro
14-12-2011, 05:07 PM
any results yet?

nearly.... been flat out at work, should be done shortly.

spyro
15-12-2011, 01:29 PM
The results for the second round are now live:

http://www.arenax.co.uk/results/

Thanks

Chris

Michaeli
15-12-2011, 02:39 PM
That's great Chris :)

But how come it's grouped some people but not others ?

And thanks for sorting the final results out. Did it count my laps in the back ground as you thought?

Thanks Michael

spyro
15-12-2011, 05:00 PM
That's great Chris :)

But how come it's grouped some people but not others ?

And thanks for sorting the final results out. Did it count my laps in the back ground as you thought?

Thanks Michael

Hi Michael, not sure what you mean by "grouped"??

and no you where a DNS as the transpoder didn't register once, I just took an average of your laps and used that for the final result.

Robbiejuk
15-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Hi Michael, not sure what you mean by "grouped"??

I know what he means you have two Michael Issacs in the results. So he has done both rounds one and two but has two seperate scores. He is actually beating himself in the championship by nine places :lol:

spyro
15-12-2011, 10:24 PM
I know what he means you have two Michael Issacs in the results. So he has done both rounds one and two but has two seperate scores. He is actually beating himself in the championship by nine places :lol:

:blush: Hadn't spotted that!

Will have a look at the database, it seems to have treated Michael as two seperate drivers.... I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere :thumbsup:

spyro
16-12-2011, 07:07 PM

All fixed, Michael no longer has a split personality :thumbsup:

Michaeli
16-12-2011, 10:35 PM
All fixed, Michael no longer has a split personality :thumbsup:

Thanks Chris :)

God help if there was ever two of me :)

Thanks
Michael