PDA

View Full Version : Trophies - recycling

DianneH
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
If anyone has any trophies that they no longer want - I know they will all be in boxes in the loft or the garage - then please bring them to Chadderton or to a Batley meeting.

I have given a job to my hubby to take them apart, get rid of all the broken or corroded bits and keep all the good bits. He is then rebuilding from the good bits to make decent trophies. I am going to use these at race meetings to encourage new drivers and junior drivers.

When my son Mark started racing 22 years ago, trophies were a regular sight at many club meetings and he was delighted when he won one. His first trophy was winning the 'I' final at a time when Batley had club meetings with 8 drivers in a heat and 12 heats - 96 at nearly every club meeting.

Membership was limited at that time and we had to wait 12 months to get in and queue as a non-member until all members had booked in. We then had to see whether there were any spare places. Some of you will remember Dave Grunhill from the Castleford Club - I remember him being very annoyed one day when he had queued for over an hour and could not get in!

Enough of the reminiscing - back to the request - if you have any trophies that you do not want, please let me have them.

Thanks
Dianne