PDA

View Full Version : C4.1 diff?

r1horn
06-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Just got my c4.1 with a b4.1 ,started putting it together and the diff which came out of the b4 will not fit to wide ? , can someone help or am I being a tit thanks

peetbee
06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Have you got a B4 diff or a B4.1 diff?
If B4 then it won't fit as the outdrives and bearings are a different size.
If B4.1 then it should fit straight in unless it's the gear diff (which the gearbox wasn't designed for)

Pops
06-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Just got my c4.1 with a b4.1 ,started putting it together and the diff which came out of the b4 will not fit to wide ? , can someone help or am I being a tit thanks
As Pete says it must be a b4.1 diff with the oversized bearings(ball diff)
Our diff bearings had to be really pressed hard into diff case.. check bearings are fully against inner shoulder

tony6187
06-12-2011, 05:19 PM
is it a b4.1 rtr?if so its a gear diff and wont fit the centro

Stuweatherman
06-12-2011, 10:27 PM
is it a b4.1 rtr?if so its a gear diff and wont fit the centro

I beg to differ, with a bit of handy work with a dremel and slightly shorter chassis to diff casing screws and lower shock tower screws the gear diff will fit and works well!! :woot::D:woot: :thumbsup:

Yardeeee
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM

I think it is most likely that you have not seated the 16mm bearings properly in the gear case. As in one of the above posts these are a good fit, check from the outside of the case that they are fully home against the shoulder in the bore. When the gear case halves are fully together there should be a slight clearance allowing the diff to move a very small amount side to side.