PDA

View Full Version : Best shop for FS2 hop ups

Duncan
06-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Can anyone recomend the best online shop for kyosho FS2 hop ups and what are the best basic mods to start with.

Honeybadger
06-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Can anyone recomend the best online shop for kyosho FS2 hop ups:thumbsup:

I've used JE Spares, MK Racing & DMS Racing :thumbsup:

InsideLineModels
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
We carry a comprehensive range of spares and hop ups.. it depends what you are after really?

I have a pretty standard car (SP) as the current kits are already top spec. The only non standard part i have on my car at the moment is the Vega steering link, but i'm currently running that in the equivalent standard hole so it's really just there for more options.

If yours is a Standard FS2 (and not an SP) then theres a few things you might want to think about. Alloy rear hubs (UMW516), Big bores, tungsten or ceramic diff balls, alloy battery posts. The diff balls are the only thing that i can think of that would be definates for changing on the standard FS2 though.

Kev

traffman
06-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I changed the rear diff balls to the carbide ones as per the sp kit , and its the single best upgrade i have done to the car.

As for big bores i havent changed as the tracks we race on dont really justify the extra expense .

I also have the alloy batt posts and the alloy hexes in the front hubs.

The fs2 straight out of the box is the nicest and easiest kit i have tried in years , and i have tried a yok bx , assoc b44 and the full fat durango.

RogerM
07-12-2011, 08:13 AM
JE Spares are super helpful, very fast and with Nick Caro working there have a walking Kyosho part number listing going back years!! I've never waited more than a few days for anything, no matter how "hard" to get other stockest tell you some parts are / were to get hold of!

Kev @ Insideline is a really helpful chap too.

njc11
07-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Cheers Roger..

As he says im always at the end of the phone and happy to help!

Just waiting for some more new bits to come in for the cars LAW43 and gunmetal bits, other than that we carry most hopups in stock..

Bit manic here at the mo... which is a good thing i suppose :thumbsup:

I always try and answer peoples questions / get back to people asap too! :o

:thumbsup:

RogerM
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
If you ring JE Spares for Kyosho stuff please as to speak to Nick if he doesn't answer the phone personally. Done a lot of work with Nick over the years we have been running the cars and this guy knows his stuff about all things Kyosho.

Might be worth asking about top-decks too whilst your talking to him ... which reminds me .....

spenner
07-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Inside line racing carry everything Kyosho, and is also run by Kyosho team driver Kevin Lee..

Other than that you have JE Spares...

Ted Maul
08-12-2011, 11:13 AM
I've used JE Spares, MK Racing & DMS Racing :thumbsup:

DMS no longer stock Kyosho spares, though I do recommend them as they are very helpful - ordered me bits from Much More not listed on anyones website. JE have been excellent, not used MK or Insideline yet, but both seem supportive of Kyosho.

Ted Maul
08-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Though it seems MK are no more, which is a shame for them and for us Kyosho fans

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=592217#post592217

martgifford
12-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Inside Line Racing seem to be comprehensive for Kyosho

Adam F
13-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Insideline every time... live stock, cheap, comprehensive, free delivery over £35 and everything always turns up next day... cant ask for more than that..

Take 'A' Chance
13-01-2012, 12:13 PM
I sometimes get some bits from the states at infernos only, they have some parts online you cant get in the uk. also 3 Racing do some nice alloy hop ups.