PDA

View Full Version : Death of Tenth?

Benh
07-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Having looked upon the new Durango DEX 408, bleary eyed and dribbling at its magnificence, I couldn't help but think that this might be the start of the end of 10th?

This pondering does sound ridiculous in the midst of probably the greatest and largest gathering of indoor 1/10 off road extravaganza's; but the question is aimed at outdoor racing where track maintenance plays a time consuming and important role?

JohnM
07-12-2011, 07:24 AM
It does look a lovely thing doesn't it! but then again, what Durango doesn't look lovely?

I don't see electric 8th as the end of tenth scale, but with luck it will be the end of those hatefull nitro cars:thumbsup:

racingdwarf
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Oi, you can keep the electrics out of our nice smelly,nito cars...man's racing:lol:. anyway electric 8th just looks and sounds wrong!

All durangos are like having a nice young mistress,sweet on the eye,but burns a hole in you pocket:o

Aran
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
All durangos are like having a nice young mistress,sweet on the eye,but burns a hole in you pocket:o

isn't that exactly what happens in nitro racing :p

Benh
08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
......but with luck it will be the end of those hatefull nitro cars:thumbsup:

John, is "hateful" a strong enough word to capture the noise of a biting hornet stuck between an earplug and an eardrum that also describes a noxious gas that burns your throat.

Perhaps the word should be accompanied by its colourful brethren.:lol:

telboy
08-12-2011, 07:49 PM
isn't that exactly what happens in nitro racing :p

To be honest, in the time I've been doing 8th in the last few months, i've spent a hell of a lot less money on it than I did 10th in the same time space!

A.R.C Raceway
16-12-2011, 07:12 AM
by the time you have bought all the lipos and speedo set is way more expensive than a top range engine setup. they are proper fast but is about it. the bigger cars should have an engine... is almost the law :thumbsup:
Durango stuff is cool. I have recently bought a desc410r short course. is a lovely bit of kit. All their stuff is good on the eye.

racingdwarf
16-12-2011, 10:56 AM
To be honest, in the time I've been doing 8th in the last few months, i've spent a hell of a lot less money on it than I did 10th in the same time space!

:D,It's true,but no one belives it

jcb
16-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I can't see that 1/8 electric will ever replace tenth. It was floating about 4 or 5 years ago, with the odd demo at a national but nothing ever came of it.

I think they even had an electric class at Neo once, if my memory serves me rightly and nothing seems to have ever come of it!

Too many classes and not enough racers springs to mind!!

Knitter
16-12-2011, 07:27 PM
I think exactly the same. Why should clubs around the world keep up the work to hold two tracks alive? Keep that 1/10 racing indoors ....