PDA

View Full Version : Project: Astro Track Build

Dudders
11-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I'll use this thread to update the club progress :D

Looking to start this in January after the Christmas break. First thing we need is a digger with tracks for some clearance works (bushes and small trees) and then to make some features etc.

Anybody local got a digger lurking around??

TARTMAN
11-12-2011, 09:54 PM
but i do have a decent and engine powered strimmer, ldeal for cutting any bushes apart!
I might know a man thou for a digger. let me make some enquirees.....

Call me in the week and we can sort stuff.

also, I think the club/committee/racers should put forward any track plans and ideas and we will take them on board and make a rack we all want!:thumbsup:

I'll use this thread to update the club progress :D

Looking to start this in January after the Christmas break. First thing we need is a digger with tracks for some clearance works (bushes and small trees) and then to make some features etc.

Anybody local got a digger lurking around??

Deano577
11-12-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachments/track-locator-forum/540630d1263268649-hill-camp-courtney-rc-park-okinawa-japan-crandon_rc_track.jpg

jlucas
11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
I can drive a digger can probably get one cheap will try for a freebie tho as its for a good cause

Dudders
11-12-2011, 10:37 PM
I can drive a digger can probably get one cheap will try for a freebie tho as its for a good cause

Can I have a go :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

TARTMAN
11-12-2011, 10:41 PM
a free digger would be great, I have driven one, there not easy, so Dudders, i think its best we leave it to the experts...... you may destroy something we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
I did a digger race once, lots of fun...........:thumbsup::confused:

Can I have a go :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

dobber
11-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I've driven a digger at legoland does that count ;)

TARTMAN
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
course it counts.........
You can officially, stand at the side of the track and point to stuff and build a lego track while sucking a babies dummy and making cookoo and gagaaaaa noises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XX LOL XX hehehehe:D:D:D:D:D:thumbsup::):woot:

I've driven a digger at legoland does that count ;)

Apex-Dean
13-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Just a quickie, why dont we get everyone to draw up some track designs, possibly have another meet up to decide what we can do with all the different ideas.

just putting it out there... :)

TARTMAN
13-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Already done that matey peeps, read up about 7 posts, track ideas and a meeting before it goes to the hard work is a defo....:woot::thumbsup:

Glad were all on the same wavelength!!! Sort of......:confused:

Just a quickie, why dont we get everyone to draw up some track designs, possibly have another meet up to decide what we can do with all the different ideas.

just putting it out there... :)

Apex-Dean
13-12-2011, 05:39 PM
indeed, point noted :thumbsup:

focusmad
02-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi guys,are we going to ask people for there thoughts on the new track??plus what people want in a track and don't want to see in the track.possible if people have ideas they can post on here or email them to neil to get the new track running early in the year.
I personally think that we should have a track like epr so we can run different layouts just by moving gutting around.
Chris

Dudders
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes Chris.

Before a digger gets it's key turned a full consult will be had with all members and interested people into the design and layout of the new track. It's a track for the racers, but racers so that's the way it has to be.

The track will be multiple course so we can switch ways/rotations etc weekly with easy :thumbsup:

Hope that alays any fears.

Neil

jlucas
02-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Lets get building :D