PDA

View Full Version : new slipper tips?

dan_kitty
03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Ok, just built up the new slipper unit, went together very well. So im just after any tips on its use.

I built it to instruction and set the spring to the 6.5mm gap setting. This a good setting in practice?

also didn't use any thread lock anywhere apart from on the grub screw, should I have?

and lastly, how do adjust front and rear slip independently, or does it just mean it will automatically slip independently.

it looks good cant wait to test it;)

While im here, when i removed the old unit i noticed there was a fine white powder covering the spur, could this be from slipper pads or pinion? both have been recently new so i cant tell

cheers
dan

Jeremy Blair
04-03-2008, 04:24 AM
The dust is just part of the slipper pads nothing to worry about. I only have one week on my car but from what I understand there is only the one adjustment but they slip differently depending on traction front and rear.
later Jeremy

Adam Skelding
04-03-2008, 08:35 AM
The white dust is just slipper pad material from your slipper slipping. Unless your D4 has been doing some laps in Hollywood.

If you build the slipper as per the instructions it will 'automatically' slip independently. The is no way of adjusting the slip front to rear, it just allows the slipper to function independently. However, if you notice there is another hole in the layshaft. If you put another pin in here and build the slipper, the slipper will act more like the 'old' version, but you will have the advantage of external tune-ability.

As for threadlock. I dropped a blob of blue loctite 241 on the nut. Just basic bullet-proofing it can't come undone then, but still allows you to adjust.

:thumbsup:

Northy
04-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I found it better to pin the rear diff half in low grip conditions, to stop the slipper sending all the power to the end with least grip ;)

G

dan_kitty
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
cheers guys, that clears that up:thumbsup:

Northy
04-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I also put some threadlock on the adjuster nut and the screw that holds the 'rear' slipper outdrive thing - if you know what I mean.

G

joffacn
03-04-2008, 05:27 AM
I am ready to order some of the new World edition parts so...

Which prop shaft do i need to order for the Centre One-way after installing the new adjustable slipper?

OR does my existing Centre One-way shaft still fit?

Jeff

Jamesy
03-04-2008, 08:07 AM
If you want to run the new slipper with the centre one way then you need to use a front dive shaft for the front propshaft....

There is not an aluminium propshaft the correct lenth, but a front drive shaft fits spot-on.

This is the part:-

http://www.hbeurope.com/piw.php?partNo=61472&lang=en