PDA

View Full Version : Round 5 - Silverstone Arena - 4/5 August 2012

jimmy
18-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Feel free to post chat about Silverstone Arena National 2012 in here!

Info to come

thebuttyman
28-12-2011, 09:39 PM
hi there

can you tell me if there is any catering at this event as i currnetly cater for the batley league at there chadderton track.
but i travel country wide covering a wide range of events.

www.morethanamouthfulcateringcompany.co.uk (http://www.morethanamouthfulcateringcompany.co.uk/)

kind regards

steve

bigred5765
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
HM just spent a few Min's looking at hotels in the area, seems its on same time as silver super bike weekend and all local hotels are booked solids closest place is 11 miles away and £174 for 2 night stay , i know its hard to sort out race dates but
silver stone super bike weekend bloody hell,

njc11
07-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Carl... Ibis Lodge mate at Wellingborough :thumbsup:

10 miles away... £34 a night!

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/booking/hotels-list.shtml

Quick before they go!

Its ridiculous though, when ever there is an event going on at SIlverstone they hike the prices big time at Travelodge / Premier Inn etc

I just checked my booking.. i paid £31 a night when i booked last week!

:thumbsup:

bigred5765
07-01-2012, 09:25 PM
24 miles away nic acording to google maps http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

gainsy
07-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Track is about 11 miles from wellingborough

bigred5765
07-01-2012, 09:44 PM
hope ur right just booked it

Rich D
07-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah got mine for £69 about a week ago. Travel Lodge Wooton

spenner
07-01-2012, 10:20 PM
All the travelodge's around Northampton have rooms available, cheapest are Kettering and Wellingborough at £30.25 per night.

The Ibis hotel in Wellingborough also has rooms available from £34 a night. Stay away from the Premier inn as they are charging over £100 a night!!!!

We are just waiting on final numbers but we should have a number of rooms available on site...

blue_pinky
07-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Will there be camping available as well?

spenner
07-01-2012, 10:54 PM
We are just confirming full details for camping with venue. All details will be in the National packs when they are received.

spenner
11-01-2012, 09:48 PM
As people are booking hotels etc already i will post this now....

We have 60 rooms available on site, they are currently priced at £30 a night
Sadly hotel prices are quite high due to Super bike meeting.

If you wish to book then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com

David Church
19-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Hotels are seeming very expensive, the dorm style rooms are not cheap either, how much is it going to cost to camp? I'm assuming camping will be available?

njc11
19-01-2012, 01:49 PM
DC... Ibis Lodge (Wellingborough) £30 a nightmate.. 24hr food and Bar!

David Church
19-01-2012, 02:41 PM
DC... Ibis Lodge (Wellingborough) £30 a nightmate.. 24hr food and Bar!

I checked that place and the price has shot up!:eh?:

JBL
19-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Try this :- http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2398/pv1052911/hotel-reservations/96163_the-poplars-hotel-moulton-nr-northampton.aspx

or :- http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=190

David Church
19-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Try this :- http://www.laterooms.com/en/p2398/pv1052911/hotel-reservations/96163_the-poplars-hotel-moulton-nr-northampton.aspx

or :- http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/info?hotelId=190

That's a bit better, I'm not worried as I'm staying in hotels this year, but I'm also trying to sort out this year for my team drivers, and a few of them are wanting to camp at all the events. So if I could find out camping prices, or if you have to book a space in advance for a caravan/camper van, it would be much appreciated!!!

GRIFF55
19-01-2012, 07:33 PM
What are these rooms on site like John? How many do they sleep etc? Lastly any pics?

Captinlip.
20-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Hey first time I'll be doing the nationals really can't afford hotels. So like you've been asked a few times on this thread- whats the camping arrangements? And how much is it going to cost me to camp

I also think if there is no camping is this the right venue to hold a national? If no camping is available I'm going to write to the brca to lodge my complaint.

the weekend is expensive enough with fuel being at an all time high to put £100 on the cost due to having to pay for a hotel is scandalous to say the least and could push it out of the financial reach of younger non sponsored drivers or anyone who hasn't got money to burn

As I see it this goes against the ethos of the brca:thumbdown::thumbdown::mad:

Answers please

Thomas

RudeTony
20-01-2012, 10:31 AM
What formula are you Thomas and have you applied for Nationals already?

RogerM
20-01-2012, 12:20 PM
I have no information but reading the club guys responses to this thread suggests;

1) camping will be available in some capacity
2) they don't quite have all the details available to give a definitive answer right now
3) they will have details by the time they need to be included in the information packs sent to successful applicants

reading other responses ...

1) some people aren't quite aware how venues are selectred for nationals and thus what requirements they have to meet (i.e. no club that was not capable of putting on a national event to the required standard would be asked to do so).
2) those people haven't checked these requirements with the BRCA

This will be fine guys. I'm in no way connected to the club (over 85 miles away) but have been to several meetings they have put on and please take my assurances that these guys know how to put on a great race meeting.

Captinlip.
20-01-2012, 03:37 PM
What formula are you Thomas and have you applied for Nationals already?

I'm f3. I'm waiting to see if I can camp 1st before booking why do you ask??

Wraggy
20-01-2012, 03:53 PM
wouldnt surprise me if its fully booked already based on previous years

spenner
20-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Dorms: We have now sorted special price with the college of £30 per person/night (no breakfast) These are on site so no driving needed, pubs and student bar within 2 min walking distance. 60 rooms available (going fast)

Hotels: Use the following postcode NN3 7QL, you want hotels and b&b's near by. Kettering and Wellingborough are both around 10 miles from venue. Again these are being booked fast for Super bike GP.

Caravan and Camping: This is to be confirmed, there WILL be something sorted. Clubs have untill the National entries are confirmed to sort issues that may arise. We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here.

Pitting: All pitting will be inside the venue and power will be supplied, you will need table and chairs, extension leads.

I will have some details of venue etc all printed up very soon and will get Jimmy to post at the start of this thread.

mattybucks
20-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Dorms: We have now sorted special price with the college of £30 per night (no breakfast) These are on site so no driving needed, pubs and student bar within 2 min walking distance. 60 rooms available (going fast)

Hotels: Use the following postcode NN3 7QL, you want hotels and b&b's near by. Kettering and Wellingborough are both around 10 miles from venue. Again these are being booked fast for Super bike GP.

Caravan and Camping: This is to be confirmed, there WILL be something sorted. Clubs have untill the National entries are confirmed to sort issues that may arise. We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here.

Pitting: All pitting will be inside the venue and power will be supplied, you will need table and chairs, extension leads.

I will have some details of venue etc all printed up very soon and will get Jimmy to post at the start of this thread.

John,

Just for clarification, your post comes across that you can book into a dorm now, and the are going fast. But you can’t book any camping until the club receives conformation who’s in. If book a room and don't get in will the club supply a refund, or it is it first come 1st served out of those people who get in?

Also is it £30 per person, per night, and can you book a dorm for just the Saturday night?

spenner
20-01-2012, 04:09 PM
John,

Just for clarification, your post comes across that you can book into a dorm now and there going fast, but you can’t book any camping until the club receives conformation who’s in.

Just to clarify...

Dorm - Like a hotel, bed etc...

Hotel - Exactly what it is...

Camping - Caravans and tents

I understand people may read it that way but honestly, this is why it is best for people to make sure they gain entry before booking!! I can tell you that the Nationals have received more than 70 entries already... it is going to be maxed out.

mattybucks
20-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Just to clarify...

Dorm - Like a hotel, bed etc...

Hotel - Exactly what it is...

Camping - Caravans and tents

I understand people may read it that way but honestly, this is why it is best for people to make sure they gain entry before booking!! I can tell you that the Nationals have received more than 70 entries already... it is going to be maxed out.

Cool, Can you book me a dorm for the Saturday them please mate. If I don't get in I'll come over to watch, put a shop on, and have a few drinks in the evening.

I'm sure it'll be aawesome.

spenner
20-01-2012, 04:25 PM
No problem Matt...

Just so i have it in black and white and you can stick in my face if not down. Send email to tufc2003@hotmail.com rooms, nights etc.

If anyone else wants to book a room then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com

mattybucks
20-01-2012, 04:39 PM
email sent, dorm booked, looking forward to it already. :thumbsup:

TheReferee
20-01-2012, 04:48 PM
nationals are done in formula order and also in the amount you intend to do, so you need to do 4 out of 6, those entering less than 4 irrespective of their grade go to the end of the list, of those doing more than 3 and therefor scoring they are selected in the following order f1's (around 40), national f2's (around 25), regional f2's(no idea how many) then f3's,f4's and finally f5's, assuming all the top formula people enter half the national places have gone, leaving around 60 places for the regional people. if you assume that by the time the list gets to the f3's there is 10 places left, then those places are given to the f3 who's entry arrived first, it is highly likely if you wait to long before sending your entry you wont get in.

David Church
20-01-2012, 04:50 PM
There is something very unfair happening here. You can book a dorm room now but you can't book for camping, as you say it's not fair to people that don't go on here. Well what about the people that don't go on here and may want a room?
I would have thought both options, a dorm room and camping, would have to wait to see who had gained entry, here is what you said,
"We as a club will not accept any Camping bookings untill everyone who is entered receives confirmation that they are in, this is only fair to those who do not come on here. "
Like I said so what about the people that don't come on here that might have wanted a dorm room?

TheReferee
20-01-2012, 04:51 PM
can i book a camping place i am definately in:thumbsup:

trekkerkk
20-01-2012, 04:57 PM
as im an f2 and deffinately will be there i wish to book a camping spot also,

thanks in advance

trekkker

Wraggy
20-01-2012, 05:13 PM
politics !! love it .. :woot:

Captinlip.
20-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Ok so I am confused as well, you can't tell me if I can camp, but I can book a dorm room now without proof of National entry?
So I wait till I get confirmation of entry, all dorm rooms are booked, hotel prices through the roof, what happens if you say there is NO camping???

chuckie stella
20-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Ok so I am confused

Really, or just bored and got the old wooden spoon out before an official answer as usual!?!?

Battle_axe
20-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Really, or just bored and got the old wooden spoon out before an official answer as usual!?!?

to be fair right here and for once it seems a valid question from captinlip if i didnt live like 20mins away i would be asking the same

spenner
20-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I must be missing something....

Some people have booked hotel rooms already, no one has said the is NO camping.

There are 60 rooms available on site...

Let me ask one question???

If we didn't have this forum would this discussion be taking place ?

So...

If you wish to book a dorm room then email above address, if you wish to camp/caravan you will need to wait for entry confirmations.

chris68nufc
20-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Whats the Nationals about anyway? Can anybody join in? Ive got a tent!?

Captinlip.
20-01-2012, 08:17 PM
I must be missing something....

Some people have booked hotel rooms already, no one has said the is NO camping.

There are 60 rooms available on site...

Let me ask one question???

If we didn't have this forum would this discussion be taking place ?

So...

If you wish to book a dorm room then email above address, if you wish to camp/caravan you will need to wait for entry confirmations.

You have also not said there is camping!!!

As I said before, I need to know if there is camping before I enter for the nationals! There is no way I can afford to put my family in a dorm or hotel, camping is the only way. Is that clear enough???

spenner
20-01-2012, 09:04 PM
You have also not said there is camping!!!

As I said before, I need to know if there is camping before I enter for the nationals! There is no way I can afford to put my family in a dorm or hotel, camping is the only way. Is that clear enough???

Sorry Captain Lip,

Now i know the nationals are for yourself i realise we must let everyone know about camping!!

Let me clear things up....

When you gain entry you will receive an entry pack including all details about every national venue. In this it will tell you all you need to know about what each venue offers and the surrounding areas. Once you receive this there will be details on camping, hotels etc... you can then sort your needs.
That is the way it is done, if you don't like it then you can pull out or do whatever you need to do.

I am sure the majority of people who attend nationals understand this, hence only a small majority on here trying to make a big deal about this.

Is that clear, cause it is the final answer.

RudeTony
20-01-2012, 11:53 PM
If there are 70 odd entries already, that tells me those people REALLY WANT to do the National series.
Now the F1s and F2s haven't even thought about their entries yet, then it's fair to say some people that haven't even bothered to send their enties in, will not be getting an entry - surely this concludes the chat .....sorry just sort of stating the obvious

David Church
07-02-2012, 07:05 AM
So how far from the track is the camping going to be???

trekkerkk
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
ive got a feeling a rule change could come out off this:thumbsup:
not camping trackside just isnt on sorry just my opinion,

trekkker

RudeTony
07-02-2012, 07:32 AM
So how far from the track is the camping going to be???

i thought you was in hotels this year Dave, or are you now camping?

trekkerkk
07-02-2012, 07:35 AM
dave is in a hotel,
but his team are camping, so he is looking out for his team,and anyone else camping.

trekkker

David Church
07-02-2012, 07:48 AM
i thought you was in hotels this year Dave, or are you now camping?

Yes I am in hotels this year, too old to camp:woot:, but I do know a lot of people that want to camp, and I was just wondering how far away is the campsite, and what facilities does it have?(I know it will be in the welcome pack, but if you guys know the answers it would be nice to find out)

woOdy
07-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Hi guys,
Sorry but I have tried to speak to Paul Worsley about my caravan at this meeting. I take my family to all of the Nationals as it is a great environment for the kids (I think).
I would like to know before I book in if I can have the van on site so my family can be with me.
If I have to have the van off site then the family may as well stay at home.
I dont have the money to spend for hotels and the wife does not want to stay around in the pits all day as kids get bored!
All people are asking, is if there is on site camping before they book in to this meeting.
I have got my form all filled out with all the ticks in each club apart from yours!
Please asnswer the question so that everybody knows what they have to do before booking in.
It also helps the BRCA because if people dont turn up then there is more room for people to race at your meeting that want to hotel it.

Thanks
Stu

David Church
08-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Have you had any answers to this question Woody via pm or any other way?
If you have please share as they seem to be avoiding answering this question even when asked by a top F 1 driver in a polite way!

woOdy
08-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Have you had any answers to this question Woody via pm or any other way?
If you have please share as they seem to be avoiding answering this question even when asked by a top F 1 driver in a polite way!

Nothing at all mate.
When I ran the Bury Metro Nationals a few years ago an the sport hall next to the track burnt down, I still got things sorted in the few days before the meeting.
Just would be nice to know if I am going to be attending this round or not?

David Church
08-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Shame youve not heard anything, it seems like its some sort of secret or something!!!
The silverstone secret society.

woOdy
08-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Shame youve not heard anything, it seems like its some sort of secret or something!!!
The silverstone secret society.

I cant leave it too long so I will give it till tonight and then send my form off tomorrow with or without the tick in Silverstone round.

trekkerkk
08-02-2012, 02:54 PM

woOdy
08-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Thank you Silverstone club for your PM and I will not be attending this year.

mattybucks
08-02-2012, 03:11 PM
even the brca committe are non the wiser as i made phone calls yesterday,
even if they turned round for example and said,
the landlord is worried about insurance for people to camp on his land,abit like southport for certain vehicles.
but there hopefull,
ive looked at a map and theres a camp site about a mile down the rd,
if they say camping is there ,
what about people with campervans and the like are they expected to set there vans up every night then pack it away to go to the track,
if camping isnt available trackside then let people like woody etc know,

trekkker

I think that the local campsite you reffer to is Billing Aquadrome, however I may be wrong.

Having read the thread it seems that the club's stance is that all the details are in the National info pack that you receive with your entry conformation.

I would go on the information that you know, and make your decision re entering the event. Failing that wait for those who have already entered to release the details in the pack and then enter.

I'm sure as always the Silverstone crew will put on an awesome event.

Nick
08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
I think that the local campsite you reffer to is Billing Aquadrome, however I may be wrong.

Having read the thread it seems that the club's stance is that all the details are in the National info pack that you receive with your entry conformation.

I would go on the information that you know, and make your decision re entering the event. Failing that wait for those who have already entered to release the details in the pack and then enter.

I'm sure as always the Silverstone crew will put on an awesome event.

Problem with waiting for the pack is you will not get in after it has been released!! Also have there ever been a 1/10th outdoor national without camping on site? I think it is only fair that people know the situation if it’s different to any other year! After all if you have always camped you would expects that this is the case. So when you sent you entry in you would not be thinking you may need to spend an extra £100 on hotels.

mattybucks
08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Problem with waiting for the pack is you will not get in after it has been released!! Also have there ever been a 1/10th outdoor national without camping on site? I think it is only fair that people know the situation if it’s different to any other year! After all if you have always camped you would expects that this is the case. So when you sent you entry in you would not be thinking you may need to spend an extra £100 on hotels.

I think the dorms are £30 per night so £60 extra, take off the fuel you would save for not having to use a generator.

All i'm saying is base your decision on what you know.

I do believe that Mr Spencer has already confirmed in a previous post that there will be camping in some capacity.

RudeTony
08-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Most of you are right requesting info prior to booking in the meeting but if you are supporting the National series or if you are keen enough to want to do all of the events then this really should not be an issue.
I recall Tiverton for example many moons back. There was camping but not actually at trackside as such.
Everybody pitted inside.
Personally I would rather there was no camping and an awesome track, rather than the other way round.
Stu, as a F1 driver, your entry doesn’t have to be there until 14th of March so plenty of time.
Maybe the club is waiting on authorisations or something similar. If they state you couldn’t book in till the confirmations then I am confused what the fuss is about
Its all about the racing surely!!

paulc
08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Disagree with that it's not just about the racing for people who have to think about familys etc And with it being on the same weekend as the World Superbike meeting at Silverstone hotels / camp sites may get booked up quicker than people think plus they might bump the price up aswell. I don't see what the big secret is either theres camping on site or there is'nt simple

Nick
08-02-2012, 04:30 PM
To be fair Tony it is all about the racing! But some people have larger budgets than other that’s why it’s best to keep extra costs down! We have an oversubscribed series and keeping cost down will make it stay that way! I have booked my room on site last week as I heard there may be no camping on site but this was a cost I would have rather not had. Also as we have seen from Woody post he is now not coming because of this which proves my point that some people may be priced out! Which as you say it’s about the racing so when I’m driving home I want to know my result was because I drove my best and not because there was faster people than me not there.

As for Silverstone Club I believe they have found a great venue here and have to say the Area51 meeting was by far the best indoor track i have raced on and a real great fun meeting. I just think it would be nice if they could just let everyone know where they stand that’s all.

trekkerkk
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
so woody has a pm,
what about everybody else whos been asking,no pm, this is getting stupid,
for woody not doing this event read through his previous posts this makes a few things clearer
i go back to somthing i said earlier, i believe this could cause a rule change proposal

trekkker

spenner
08-02-2012, 05:11 PM
To all those who are/are not attending BRCA National Rnd 5 Silverstone:

Firstly, i would like to make some points!!

This thread that is kindly supported by Jimmy, is not for clubs/BRCA committee members to post on. It is for you the racers/enthuisiast's to talk about what ever it is that excites you.

Maybe, if there wasn't such rubbish talked about on here you would get the club officials/top drivers posting!!!

Can i ask some question's ?? Before public forums where available, did you send in your national forms only knowing the venues when published ??? Did you then wait for the entry packs to arrive before you knew what was what ???

So......

The official word is..

There is NO overnight camping on site, we as a club though have reserved a small caravan/camping field 5 mins from the track (3 miles). We have also booked 60 on site dorm rooms which are £30 a night.

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com

As we have plenty of pitches available for the caravan/camping i will take bookings. There are limited number of elec hookups available (these bookings will not be taken untill entry packs received) There is a charge for camping and it will be in entry packs (as we are working on cheapest price). For those looking to reserve a spot there will be a non refundable deposit of £5 per booking.

There was never a secret, we as a club made sure we could cater for everyone. And as things may change for the better it was decided to leave untill the drivers who gain entry receive there information.

I just hope it doesn't rain or flood at any nationals this year as some people will be straight on here asking why boats aren't allowed :o

Lastly any shops wishing to trade at this National need to contact myself tufc2003@hotmail.com . Only those with permission will be allowed to trade on site.

I look forward to answering the next secret.

spenner
08-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Re: Off-Road National at Silverstone Arena.

The comments on this discussion are escalating to an unacceptable degree.

The Silverstone Club have encountered a problem regarding onsite camping that was not known when they were awarded the National event. Discussions between myself and Silverstone have been taking place in an effort to minimise any disruption. These discussions are ongoing and as soon as the full picture is clear, the situation will be clarified, hopefully within a few days.

It is indeed a great pity that a few persons are continually making negative comments 'to the World' instead of giving the organisers the time needed to solve the issue. I sincerely hope that the site owners are not reading the comments as they may decide we are not the best organisation to use their venue. As entry closing date is over four weeks away, there is no urgency for the higher licence grade drivers to make any decisions regarding entering this event as yet.

The Silverstone National being held indoors in an arena is something new for us in recent years and naturally there will be unforeseen issues that have to be solved. We are always looking for something 'new' for our National Series and this is a venue that could be good for the future. So, it would be better to work with the organisers rather than against them.

Some persons should understand that the prime objective is too ensure top quality racing for the competitors. Whilst it is obvious that camping facilities have to be considered, the Section is not in the business of organising 'week-end breaks' for families. There are other venues that restrict caravans etc. to a small number and always have been.

We will ensure the situation is known when we have all the details.

Best regards,

Paul Worsley. (BRCA, 1/10 Off-Road Chairman).

David Church
08-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Is it just me or does Spenner's post seem to have a lot of anger init?
Last I checked open forums were here to discuss things, and not just for things that excite you!!!

This is the first national of the main national series where camping on site is not allowed, so it will be interesting how it works.

Also Tony said it's all about the racing, well kinda, yes it is but it's also about much more! Like good friends and good racing!!!

So what is the track? ? Is it a permanent track? Is it astro or dirt? Are there any photos?

RudeTony
08-02-2012, 07:03 PM
It’s only my opinion Dave.
No desire to argue with anyone but I think Johns post is simply direct.
Probably after a hard days work!
Your post though Dave could be taken in many ways other if someone knows you.
You are not going to have photos of a track that is going to be specially built for the event – you know this matey.
Using Schumacher mini spikes should give a small hint of the type of track too ….
I guess I won’t ever be RC Domination sponsored now – LOL – By the way your team did good at the weekend.
Camping and all the banter etc etc is great fun but at the end of the day this is our National Championship which is probably one of the best in the World and it should be about the best tracks and racing rather than just camping.
I appreciate the cost elements and I have full faith in the Silverstone organisation crew and the BRCA to make sure they do the best available for us all.
Lets not forget this is a Worlds qualification year for the drivers as well as the Euros, the Championship and so on
Like I said, just my opinion Gents

spenner
08-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Is it just me or does Spenner's post seem to have a lot of anger init?
Last I checked open forums were here to discuss things, and not just for things that excite you!!!

This is the first national of the main national series where camping on site is not allowed, so it will be interesting how it works.

Also Tony said it's all about the racing, well kinda, yes it is but it's also about much more! Like good friends and good racing!!!

So what is the track? ? Is it a permanent track? Is it astro or dirt? Are there any photos?

Not anger Dave, just pointing out facts and speaking common sense!! Perhaps if we all used that clubs wouldn't have too many issues to deal with....

Answer to your secret questions?? The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete!! No photos as I haven't took any.

DaSloth
08-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Simple question to ask really, do you want to race on the best tracks in the country, or do you want go a for a weekend away camping!?

We're not blessed in the UK with lots of ideal venues that are all perfect for nationals, so we have to make the best of what we have. If its a choice between racing on a great track (which you can guarantee is what silverstone will provide) or going somewhere like talywain, camping available, but track not so good (those are my kindest words :bored:) then i know what i'd choose.

At the end of the day we go racing to race, not to get drunk or sun it up with our families....i appreciate its not as simple as that for everyone...but hey its 4 out of 6 rounds to count for a reason!

the amount of whining that happened around area 51 and all the doubters....that all got proved wrong by how good area 51 was...maybe you should all have some faith and just get on with it...

On another note, if you want official answers, you should try through official channels, i'm pretty sure oople is not one of them!

David Church
08-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Ok so it's a public forum I choose to talk on, we all know why!!!

And Tony I kinda of do sponsor you, and why wouldnt I as you are the Kyosho Team manager!!! I am the sole distributor of Nuclear Rc!!!!:D

I have chosen to ask these questions on oOple as I don't have regular contact to these Silverstone officials and I think these questions I ask also Have meaning for the regular driver!!!

JBL
08-02-2012, 08:05 PM
I think this is time for the remarks and some comments to come to a end. Just to clarify from John's (spenner) post:-

The official word is..

There is NO overnight camping on site, we as a club though have reserved a small caravan/camping field 5 mins from the track (3 miles). We have also booked 60 on site dorm rooms which are £30 a night.

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com (tufc2003@hotmail.com)

As we have plenty of pitches available for the caravan/camping i will take bookings. There are limited number of elec hookups available (these bookings will not be taken untill entry packs received) There is a charge for camping and it will be in entry packs (as we are working on cheapest price). For those looking to reserve a spot there will be a non refundable deposit of £5 per booking.

The Silverstone committee will be going all out to make this a great meeting for us all. The tyres used will only be BRCA National approved, Schumacher or Ballistics.

David Church
08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I think this is time for the remarks and some comments to come to a end. Just to clarify from John's (spenner) post:-

The official word is..

If people wish to make enquiries about any of the above then email: tufc2003@hotmail.com (tufc2003@hotmail.com)

The Silverstone committee will be going all out to make this a great meeting for us all. The tyres used will only be BRCA National approved, Schumacher or Ballistics.

Well done mate!!! You have made it perfectly clear, well as clear as mud!!! It has taken weeks for this info to come out when it could have been easily given weeks ago!!! I have a team to run and they want to know what this year has in store for them, so thanks for slagging e off when I need to where to book them into!!! They need to know where they are gonna sleep when racing!!!

spenner
08-02-2012, 08:49 PM

The official word is..

The voice has spoken.... :woot:

mounty
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
how many people can you sleep in dorms

spenner
09-02-2012, 10:18 PM
There are singles or twin's..

mounty
11-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Ok thanks. I will wait for my package then. :)

stall4king
12-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Forgive me if its been posted elsewhere but why is this National being held indoors? Silverstone have a brilliant astroturf track already....oooo errr, hope its not on carpet, me no like!

Rich D
12-02-2012, 10:24 AM
" ............................................. The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete "

Sounds good !:thumbsup:

stall4king
12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
" ............................................. The track is off road, it will be a permanent track for two days, it is astro, dirt, grass, concrete "

Sounds good !:thumbsup:

ooohhhh goody gumdrops :thumbsup:

Edit: Must be one hell of a venue!

blue_pinky
03-04-2012, 04:12 PM
Hi,

So just after I got my entry confirmation I emailed the email address in the info pack about booking the onsite accommodation...got no reply, then emailed again a couple of days later, still no reply.

Anybody know what's going on with that now? Is there a typo in the info pack or something? Would like to know please :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
***UPDATE*** All sorted now, cheers John :)

Gonky
11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
What e-mail address are you using?

Is it different to the one mentioned previously in this thread for questions regarding accomadation etc - tufc2003@hotmail.com (tufc2003@hotmail.com)

spenner
11-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Was alerted to this today!!

Sorry Andy you was going into my junk mail!! All booked and reply sent

blue_pinky
11-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Cheers John, much appreciated :thumbsup:

spenner
22-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Emails have been sent to all names on my list, you have seven days to respond to these.

If you haven't had an email then i have either: Not had one from you, been sent to my Junk.
Dorm room booking closes 12.00pm 30th June.

rowley
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Apologies if this is already posted somewhere - what is the postcode of the venue?

Thanks

mounty
06-07-2012, 09:33 PM
hi spenner have heard you have booked some spaces on campsite close to track if so any spaces left.if so can i get booked in please.let me know details many thanks andy mountford

InsideLineModels
15-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Just to let you know that we'll be at the silverstone national with plenty of tyres, spares and more with us!

If you wish to preorder you can order on our website www.insidelineracing.co.uk and select trackside collection at checkout. Please put a note that it is for collection at the silverstone national.

Looking forward to what promises to be an awesome show by the silverstone crew!

Kev Lee

spenner
29-07-2012, 07:37 PM
It seems someone who has a never seen the actual venue has been spreading horse turd!!!!

The venue will be open from 1pm on friday for all drivers to setup tables, you will be advised on pitting area etc. If you arrive earlier then you will have to wait till 1.

There is PLENTY of pitting area so no need to panic, you will all be able to have plenty of pitting space.

Remember you only need to bring tables/chairs and an extension lead.

People who are staying in the on site accomadation will be instructed fri or sat depending on what they booked etc... The bar will open around 8pm fri and sat night.

At least we will all be dry!!!!

See you all next week.

GRIFF55
29-07-2012, 07:51 PM
That's bloody great Spenner, saves me loading the car up with haulers, charger, cars etc!! What choice of cars have we got to use:lol:

freddie
29-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Is there any space in 2wd ? Or how do I get on the reserve list ? I've tried email Paul worsley a couple of times but haven't had a reply ?

spenner
29-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Griff....

Just tamiya lunch boxes!! I really need the points..

_sleigh_
29-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Is there any space in 2wd ? Or how do I get on the reserve list ? I've tried email Paul worsley a couple of times but haven't had a reply ?

I understand Paul might have been away last week at the on-road worlds.

GRIFF55
29-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Damn! I was hoping it would have been the split screen camper versions. They're sweeeeet:lol:
Any idea when/if track pics will be up before?

Freakypen
29-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Help-I can't find my info pack anywhere. Please could sum1 tell me the Full address of the track/venue, including the postcode pls.:blush:

GRIFF55
29-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Repeat post

spenner
30-07-2012, 06:23 AM
I will get address up when back from work, postcode nn3 7ql takes you to the venue.

Jamie B4
30-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi,

Wonder if there is any info available for this weekend's national

* Do we need to bring tents or is pitting available
* Do we need car batteries or is there power

J

spenner
30-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Mr Banks!!!

Are you winding me up ??

Do you not read the stuff that was sent to you when you gained entry...

:confused:

Get your confirmation out and read it... see you weekend.

By the way have you done my shells yet ?

Jamie B4
30-07-2012, 09:29 AM
No sorry just read - many appolgies see you weekend

Shell in post - with sunshine!!

spenner
30-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Moulton College Equestrian Centre
Pitsford Centre,
Gate 4, Moulton College
Moulton
Northampton
NN3 7QL

Power supplied
Indoor pitting
Access from 1pm Friday
Camping people just need to arrive at the camp site (address was in your confirmation)
On site accomadation - Keys will be available for your rooms at the gatehouse. On site bar open from 8pm fri and sat.
You will be instructed where pitting area's are etc when you arrive.
Tables and chairs are needed

Jamie B4
30-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks dude - sorry for being a little dense

Freakypen
30-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks John-sorry for bein a pain :thumbsup:

spenner
30-07-2012, 09:49 AM

i wouldn't expect any less from you....

big_whyman
30-07-2012, 09:58 AM

i wouldn't expect any less from you....

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

tony12795
01-08-2012, 12:14 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Jamie Jamie!!!

Oh dont forget my shell with the sunshine too.... :thumbsup:

Belsten
01-08-2012, 11:16 PM
If anyone would like me to bring some acetone, glue or greases, please can you post here or pm me so I know to bring enough. Thanks

chrispattinson
03-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Wanted:
If anyone has a spare sheet of under chassis protection, can you let me know, as I could do with some before Sunday's 4WD.

Thanks.

James
03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
I've got some, will bring a load :)

chrispattinson
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks James. I had 3 sheets, but I'm sure the kids have used it as sticky back plastic for their Blue Peter crafting. :thumbsup:

tony6187
04-08-2012, 06:30 PM
any results yet?

Chris-S
04-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Boots won overall.

J.Kirkman
04-08-2012, 06:46 PM
A big well done to the Silverstone club. 1 of the best tracks and venues of the series so far. Looking forward to another day 2moro.

JBL
04-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Boots won overall.

2nd Darren Bloomfield
3rd Kev Lee
4th Lee Martin

Overall Lee Martin wins 2wd national championship for 2012.

JBL
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
A big well done to the Silverstone club. 1 of the best tracks and venues of the series so far. Looking forward to another day 2moro.

Your in for a very fast circuit for tomorrow.

chris68nufc
04-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Who was the last driver to TQ a national and win as an F5? Boots must have been quick today! Well done Lee Martin....nice Euros trophies aswell!!:thumbsup:

MikePimlott
04-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Who was the last driver to TQ a national and win as an F5? Boots must have been quick today! Well done Lee Martin....nice Euros trophies aswell!!:thumbsup:

Who was the last driver to get in a national as an F5 ? Was this one under subscribed ?

JBL
04-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Who was the last driver to get in a national as an F5 ? Was this one under subscribed ?

We were fully subscribed with 120 drivers 2wd, I think 4 no shows. Those places were taken with reserves that turned up on the day!

jamiebooth
04-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Just been looking for the results.

Well done Elliot !

Awesome...

hazeandfizz
05-08-2012, 07:25 AM
What a brilliant effort by the Silverstone crew, the massive effort has delivered a superb venue. The shocking weather made it even sweeter!

Thank you for all your efforts.
James.

nottmboy
05-08-2012, 10:56 AM
really good effort by the silverstone crew. you could see a huge amount of work had gone into the venue and track build. on reflection thought the track could have been a bit more technical. although as the rain started to fall as heat 1 went to the line, i was glad i wasn't in a wet field!
cheers andy

mikeyscott
05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Any update for today's (4WD) event?

welshmerlin
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
2WD 3rd Leg A Final Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_Yxs-ztr8&feature=youtu.be

Rob_B
05-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Any results?

JBL
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
4wd Not confirmed, 1st Neil Cragg, 2nd Lee Martin , 3rd Danny McGee. Somebody will confirm later no doubt.

Ross
05-08-2012, 08:12 PM
listening to the video i think Elliot 1st, Darren 2nd not sure about 3rd :lol:

KRob
05-08-2012, 08:16 PM
2wd

TQ Elliott Boots

1st Elliott Boots
2nd Darren Bloomfield
3rd Kevin Lee

Lee Martin takes 2wd title!

4wd

TQ Neil Cragg

1st Neil Cragg
2nd Lee Martin
3rd Danny Mcgee

reelman_fishing
06-08-2012, 02:51 PM
SILVERSTONE NATIONAL
Well what can I say this was the best national I’ve been to this year. I was a bit apprehensive about it being indoors but could not have been more wrong it was brilliant two day of unspoilt racing despite the torrential rain outside. A big well done to all involved.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ps some air fresheners would have been nice, only joking the smell of the horses went after 10mins:blush::blush:

GRIFF55
06-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Great weekend guys!! Would have been nice to have a sightly steeper up ramp on triple and a very small lip at end of centre section of it too. That way you could have either single doubled it, double singled it or jump onto centre then onto downslope . ( if you get me)
Not a complaint, just a though for next time .
I'll be back!!

chuckie stella
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Thanks for your comments guys. Believe me I learnt a lot about the track in the first heat in the first round of practice both days!!:lol:

Seriously, it was hard trying to emulate our rivals with 36 hours and only £8000 to do so. We tried, it wasn't perfect, we always learn and correct our effort so we'll see what comes next from this great club I'm proud to be involved with!

Thanks to everyone :thumbsup:

Rich D
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
I thought it was great. Good layout and very well run. Middle ramp was tricky especially so for 4wd but so it should be for top flight competition. Took me two rounds to get the hang of that one! Thanks Matt and to everyone else involved.

GRIFF55
07-08-2012, 08:10 AM
I was still learning it in the 4wd final! Trish made a great braking point for me:lol::woot:
(sorry trish:blush: )

Freakypen
07-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Great event guys-you dida top job!! :thumbsup:

RudeTony
07-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Many people may have different opinions but what cannot be questioned is the superb effort by everyone from the Silverstone Club.....

The track was demanding both days and a totally nautral stage for everyone.

The weather could not become a factor and that makes this venue the one we should be returning to year after year.

A massive well done to everyone involved and lets not forget the BRCA officials that are always there and never seem to get a thank you

Catch up soon all

Paul Field
08-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks to all the guys at Silverstone. A great effort it must of taken ages to lay all that astro!!
Had a great weekend i will be back.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MakysMrs
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Just like to say a big thank you to everyone for a fab weekend.
I really enjoyed myself :)