PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 - Kidderminster - 25/26 Aug 2012

jimmy
18-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Feel free to post chat about Kidderminster National 2012 in here!

http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/ (http://www.brca-midwest.co.uk/)

VENUE LOCATION. At the Oldington Leisure Field, Stourport Road, South of Kidderminster on the A451. Entrance to the track is on the West side of the dual-carriageway. Visitors approaching from the North, will have to proceed past the track, to the end of the dual-carriageway (approx. 1/3 mile) and double back towards Kidderminster.
For those with Sat.Nav. the map reference is :- SO 817736 (venue does not have a post code).
The entrance to the venue is directly off a dual-carriageway with fast moving cars. Under no circumstance can any vehicle be parked on the side of this road, or in the gateway entrance. The venue is at the end of a sports’ field which is used as a golf driving range. The driving range ground is strictly out of bounds.

Map:
Map on google maps (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=52.35836,-2.26964&hl=en&ll=52.358632,-2.268966&spn=0.003283,0.008572&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=34.861942,70.224609&vpsrc=6&t=h&z=17)

Postcode
DY11 7FB

Reference photo of the track from a previous year:
http://www.oople.com/forums/../rc/photos/2008national-kidderminster/track.jpg

OneKiwi
23-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Awesome this one looks like its not too far from the airport
Ill see which ones I can go too. Cheap Ryanair flights are great

Nice found 4 that myself and anyone else I can drag along can go to R1 R2 R3 R6 seem to at max 2.5 hours from the airport

thebuttyman
28-12-2011, 09:40 PM
hi there

can you tell me if there is any catering at this event as i currnetly cater for the batley league at there chadderton track.
but i travel country wide covering a wide range of events.

www.morethanamouthfulcateringcompany.co.uk (http://www.morethanamouthfulcateringcompany.co.uk/)

kind regards

steve

peetbee
28-12-2011, 10:38 PM
I think your best bet is to contact the clubs direct

thebuttyman
28-12-2011, 11:02 PM
cheers mate

paranic
29-12-2011, 06:15 PM
i think the map link is wrong
it points to Stotfold Model Car Club Location
is this correct?

RogerM
29-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Have a look here, it's the club's page on the BRCA regionals site.

Hope that helps

jimmy
02-01-2012, 01:42 AM
i think the map link is wrong
it points to Stotfold Model Car Club Location
is this correct?

Thanks for letting me know, I've updated it now

Lindsay
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Yet another meeting on a Bank Holiday weekend
when will they learn.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

TheReferee
02-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Yet another meeting on a Bank Holiday weekend
when will they learn.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

unfortunately Lindsay we cant always avoid bank holidays, we do try but we are limited on what dates clubs can do, what dates the 1/8 nationals are and what euro dates are, this year we went out of our way to not clash with the 1/8 nationals or european dates and to give a reasonable gap between events, as a result 2 of the 6 1/10 dates are on bank holidays, i agree with you its not ideal but it wasn't deliberate.

john

Lindsay
02-01-2012, 07:11 PM
unfortunately Lindsay we cant always avoid bank holidays, we do try but we are limited on what dates clubs can do, what dates the 1/8 nationals are and what euro dates are, this year we went out of our way to not clash with the 1/8 nationals or european dates and to give a reasonable gap between events, as a result 2 of the 6 1/10 dates are on bank holidays, i agree with you its not ideal but it wasn't deliberate.

john

john
this is the same excuse every year.
Why do we have to finish outdoor racing in August??
We used to race outdoor until October
May be we are getting our priorties wrong for the BRCA 1/10.

TheReferee
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
john
this is the same excuse every year.
Why do we have to finish outdoor racing in August??
We used to race outdoor until October
May be we are getting our priorties wrong for the BRCA 1/10.

there is a couple of things that spring to mind, the weather will be getting poorer and the days are getting shorter. that said do the EOS finals have to be after the nationals?, it is feasible to hold the EOS early september and have the last national at the end of september. that said you must remember that there are 2 BH's in may so we have a 50/50 chance of having to use one of them as a national

Lindsay
02-01-2012, 07:36 PM
there is a couple of things that spring to mind, the weather will be getting poorer and the days are getting shorter. that said do the EOS finals have to be after the nationals?, it is feasible to hold the EOS early september and have the last national at the end of september. that said you must remember that there are 2 BH's in may so we have a 50/50 chance of having to use one of them as a national

Other options are start earlier no Bank Holidays
Clocks go forward in March.
Weather can actualy be better in October than July / August.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheReferee
02-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Other options are start earlier no Bank Holidays
Clocks go forward in March.
Weather can actualy be better in October than July / August.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i tend to agree, lets be honest trying to plan a meeting around the possible weather in this country is pointless:). my preference would be to have a fixed date every year. e.g. the third or second weekend of march/april/may/june/july/august, with the EOS 1 and 3 weeks in sept. the bank holidays are 1 and 4 weekend in may and the end of aug, so we could miss them all, however easter varies and we do not know when the euro's will be, usually august but which weekend. having fixed dates would help clubs who want to apply as they could then plan ahead and apply for the dates well in advance

OneKiwi
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Funny you guys complaining that there are too many races to go to, and they seem to be an ok distance to travel.. boo frikin hoo

Id be happy to get a race thats not more than 3 hours away, props to those that strive to get the races up and going well done.

DaSloth
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
whats wrong with racing bank holidays!? personally i prefer bank holidays because it saves taking holiday time off to have a relaxing monday :)

peetbee
03-01-2012, 12:03 AM
whats wrong with racing bank holidays!? personally i prefer bank holidays because it saves taking holiday time off to have a relaxing monday :)
Try explaining that to my wife!

GRIFF55
03-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Or if your life revolves around holiday trade, or your travel is hindered by it.
Ah well, roll on 2012 nationals anyhow:thumbsup:

I think it's great that the classes don't clash, it should let more people do both ;-))

chris (reg) reardon
03-01-2012, 08:57 PM
i thought u retired griff ? or was that just tired:woot:

i am so looking forward to nationals me and axe got caravan and every thing should b good all holidays booked friday and the mondays off every national race weekend the bank holidays works out great:thumbsup:

thats my pennys werth any how
i gona b racing every weekend and friday nights all this year thats my new years resolution see u all soon and happy new year :woot::thumbsup:

lewise
17-08-2012, 07:58 AM
Does anyone know if there are nay spaces left for 2wd and 4wd ?

Big G
17-08-2012, 08:17 AM
booking in was done before the season started. the only hope you have is being there on the day and there being a spot available not filled by reserves.

Belsten
21-08-2012, 08:28 PM
If anyone would like any acetone for the last national please can you let me know so that I bring enough, thanks

J.Kirkman
22-08-2012, 10:20 AM
If anyone would like any acetone for the last national please can you let me know so that I bring enough, thanks

How much is the acetone? I'd like a pot of diff lube if you could bring one of them for me please.

Mossy
22-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Dude i need some glue to get me through the dark British winter :-)

Belsten
22-08-2012, 07:54 PM
How much is the acetone? I'd like a pot of diff lube if you could bring one of them for me please.

Its £12 for 5 litres. No problem with the grease dude

Dude i need some glue to get me through the dark British winter :-)

Come get some then :p

J.Kirkman
22-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I'll take the acetone as well then. See you saturday.

Belsten
23-08-2012, 06:25 AM
No problem :thumbsup:

cjm_2008
23-08-2012, 06:48 AM
booking in was done before the season started. the only hope you have is being there on the day and there being a spot available not filled by reserves.

what are the odds on that? and who could I email to get and indicator?

I may have saturday free and it's extremely tempting.... (2wd)

Big G
23-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I believe saturday 2wd is pretty full with a good supply of reserves waiting, although if they don't turn up and there is a spot you could get it. Best thing to do is email Paul paul.worsley@virgin.net to add yourself to the reserve list and be there on the day and keep your fingers crossed.

you'd have a better chance of getting into 4wd on sunday

big_whyman
23-08-2012, 08:39 AM
what are the odds on that? and who could I email to get and indicator?

I may have saturday free and it's extremely tempting.... (2wd)

Send ALL (name, brca number, licence grade, freq, pt number etc) your details to Paul Worsley and he will be able to tell you the latest position.
His contact details are in the Handbook.

cjm_2008
24-08-2012, 09:27 AM
Send ALL (name, brca number, licence grade, freq, pt number etc) your details to Paul Worsley and he will be able to tell you the latest position.
His contact details are in the Handbook.

thanks for your help guys.

I've sent paul an email - it's in 'the lap of the gods' now. it's a bit late in the day but you never know.

the missus is off to cornwall first thing in the morning so I have an almost unprecedented FREE PASS :lol:

ben
24-08-2012, 09:33 AM
thanks for your help guys.

I've sent paul an email - it's in 'the lap of the gods' now. it's a bit late in the day but you never know.

the missus is off to cornwall first thing in the morning so I have an almost unprecedented FREE PASS :lol:

And you've chosen to go race RC cars?! :p

cjm_2008
24-08-2012, 10:11 AM
And you've chosen to go race RC cars?! :p

:lol: good point!

cjm_2008
25-08-2012, 08:22 PM
:thumbsup: so I just participated in my first national - albeit without the final - it was just too wet for me.

what an awesome venue, and extremely slick organisation. it was a shame about the weather after the final round, and a shame I couldn't drive for toffee :blush:

GRIFF55
27-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks to all the kiddy crew for an amazing weekend. You guys all did an amazing job to get the track ready for Sunday after that weather. Bit of a shame really as I had my speedos ready for marshalling!:o
Parking layout was way improved too.

Top job peeps!

WHITTLER555
27-08-2012, 09:42 AM
HA HA! You got beat!!!!:p

GRIFF55
27-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm filing an official complaint! Bloody cheat. I was doing loop the loops to give you a chance too:p:woot:
Great race to end the season on mate..cheers:thumbsup:

RCDomination.com
27-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Go ahead and file the complaint Griff. I saw the whole thing, you were way out in front, and on the last lap had some kinda trouble, and Damien beat you to the finish line!!! What a last lap, he was on fire!!! You got smoked!
Not to worry the grass needs cutting, perhaps try turning to the right this time:p