PDA

View Full Version : T/B4 slipper or diff problem

Racingdick
05-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi built my T4 over the last 2 days and ran it for a minute earlier to check everything,

The gearbox is slipping somewhere, not sure whether its the diff or the slipper?
what to look for in either case?

When building I did the diff to stock settings so that with a screwdriver in each half you could just about turn the gear, if that makes sence..

The slipper was done to factory too. even with the shaft and 3 turns thereafter..

any pointers would be appreciated as dont really want to tear down the gearbox unless I have too.

Rich

josh_smaxx
05-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Tighten the slipper right up, like really tight, get someone to hold both rear wheels firmly and blip the throttle, if it wheelies then it was the slipper, if it slips then its the diff. Crude and probably the wrong way but it definately works :p

Wraggy
05-03-2008, 09:30 PM
tighten up the diff until you feel the spring compress completely then back off 1/8 of a turn
you should'nt be able to lock the out drives and turn the diff gear !!

Juddy
05-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah its just the diff rings wearing in, this is normal.

As said above tighten the slipper right up, holding the spur and right wheel in your right hand you should be able to turn the left wheel just a fraction if at all, tighten the diff till ya can't.

Then losen off the slipper a couple of turns. repeat above but this time when you turn the left wheel the slipper pads should slip with the wheel, then fine tune at the track.

I read this in a losi manuel and have read similar on rc10b4.com so it must be true:thumbsup:

Racingdick
05-03-2008, 09:57 PM
thanks guys.
I decided to take the diff out to check it anyway but find It wont undo..
the bolt seems to just be turning and turning...
Grr I hate building or doing anything with diffs