PDA

View Full Version : Short Course

dooey
30-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Picking up HPI Blitz from those lovely guys at Apex next weekend. This truck should suite my driving style. If you watch the real ones on TV they leave the track and end up on their roof and face the wrong way on the track.

Tarmac is for driving to the club
Carpet if for hoovering
Dirt is for racing and Astro Turf

:confused:

Dudders
30-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Lol is carpet for the winter indoor months, but come spring it's Asro and jumps!

Pop down on Thursday, might be a short course bonanza!!! :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
30-12-2011, 11:23 PM
will be...... well, at least 2 and maybe more.. yeah, lets get trucking.......................................... ............:o:woot::o:woot:
any truck SC , stadium etc, lets get it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Lol is carpet for the winter indoor months, but come spring it's Asro and jumps!

Pop down on Thursday, might be a short course bonanza!!! :thumbsup:

keith123
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys

Sorry to high jack this thread. I've been stalking/browsing shrccc for quite a while hoping that short course would eventually take off. Theres something about them that appeals to me :eh?:

I know its early days, but what would you suggest would be a good competative SC truck. I appreciate its down to talant and I guess big budgets can help a little but if I was to say something mid range that was fairly competative and tough out the box with only perhaps a few hop-ups what would you recommend?

Im not new to RC, I run a 1/8 elec buggy and a few other RC's. I have never raced though (ok I lie, I used to have a go at the Mardave's about 20yrs ago at baggy lea, but I wouldnt call that racing as I was too young!).

Cheers
Keith

Dudders
03-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi Keith, well I've got one now, always wanted one for a while but couldn't find the right excuse! Sorted now.

I've got an Associated ready to run version off the shelf which will provide me with enough spills! one has a Hong Nor chassised truck and another is a Durango (). Dean at Apex thinks the Ansmann is a good bet for the money, depends on what you want from it all really.

Short Course heat this Thursday!

Dudders
03-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Picking up HPI Blitz from those lovely guys at Apex next weekend. This truck should suite my driving style. If you watch the real ones on TV they leave the track and end up on their roof and face the wrong way on the track.

Carpet if for hoovering
Dirt is for racing and Astro Turf

:confused:

Dooey, coming down Thursday?

TARTMAN
03-01-2012, 08:52 PM
come see us on thursday, there should be a heat being run and see them for yourself.
Dudders has a 2wd Associated
I have a Hong Nor, 4WD....
Both new to us and will be there 1st race/run....
Think there will be a few more so hopefully, we can get the SC scene going big time....
I have a Hong nor 4wd roller(needs all electics ) for sale at 110,
I have a RX/TX 2.4ghz for sale, and a motor to, so you would need an esc and servo and your away.
But there is lots of choice and varying opinions, so see for yourself and decide then....

See you Thursday hopefully.................... :thumbsup:

Hi Guys

Sorry to high jack this thread. I've been stalking/browsing shrccc for quite a while hoping that short course would eventually take off. Theres something about them that appeals to me :eh?:

I know its early days, but what would you suggest would be a good competative SC truck. I appreciate its down to talant and I guess big budgets can help a little but if I was to say something mid range that was fairly competative and tough out the box with only perhaps a few hop-ups what would you recommend?

Im not new to RC, I run a 1/8 elec buggy and a few other RC's. I have never raced though (ok I lie, I used to have a go at the Mardave's about 20yrs ago at baggy lea, but I wouldnt call that racing as I was too young!).

Cheers
Keith

dooey
03-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I will be coming on Thursday, filled in application form for the BRCA and will be sending off tomorrow. Short course truck is being picked up this Friday so i will be bringing my new schumacher couger that i got for christmas.

Carpet is for hoovering
Dirt is for racing and astro turf

Dooey

Dudders
03-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Bring your form in to us on Thursday, can save you 2 on the BRCA....

dooey
03-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Thankyou i will bring it with me on Thursday :thumbsup:

TARTMAN
06-01-2012, 12:35 AM
6 of us racing Short Course on the 1st race back this year.

GREAT turnout and great fun had by all.

even the busted wishbone on dudders sc10 didnt stop him trying to destroy the rest of us....

Did we forget the raciing in the final?? I know i did......... :lol::lol::lol:

Look forward to more actual racing with the SC next week.....

As i seem to keep busting the cougar!!:cry:

Berky
06-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Surrey and Hants is where its at for Trucks then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What are people running in their trucks - i may have to settle for a 10.5 motor :thumbdown: but will this be enough to keep up?

TARTMAN
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Surrey and Hants is where its at for Trucks then :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What are people running in their trucks - i may have to settle for a 10.5 motor :thumbdown: but will this be enough to keep up?

I had a 7.5 in mine, but we run mixed 4 and 2wd, so its about staying on the track really lol....

bring it down and try it..........

tnx king
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Hi its good to see that shortcourse is getting bigger at other clubs, We at A1racingclub regulary are getting 20 or so shortcourse every tuesday night and we love it:)

We are hosting a one of Shortcourse carnage event on the 25th March at our purpose built indoor track,

we are being supported by HPI, Racer and a lot more to be confirmed. with full race write up in Racer

Sorry for jumping in on this thread but want to get as many shortcourse/ Stadium trucks together for some great racing and carnage :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben

keith123
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Hmmm its looking more promising for the SC trucks now. I cant commit to Thursdays which is a great shame, but looking forward to the new track and the outdoor season to start.

Just a matter of looking into the trucks and what would suit me the best.

Are there any rules and regs for SC trucks at SHRCCC?

TARTMAN
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
we were talking about this actually.

At the moment, were thinking Sc truck, as scale, with truck tyres. either 2wd or 4wd.
maybe at 1st taking stadium as well to start, but really keepijg in the SC scale/rules eventually.

Actual rules to be confirmed, for now, if you have a 10th truck, bring it along and we can go from there.

simple...............

message me or dudders and we can sort it....... SHRCCC, the home of off road SC trucks.............. MAYBE!!!!! LOL............:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmmm its looking more promising for the SC trucks now. I cant commit to Thursdays which is a great shame, but looking forward to the new track and the outdoor season to start.

Just a matter of looking into the trucks and what would suit me the best.

Are there any rules and regs for SC trucks at SHRCCC?

Dudders
31-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Made some special mods to my Short Course truck for Tuesday night..... will they work?.... I wonder!!!! :woot:

dobber
31-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Or maybe even Thursday night.........? ;)

Made some special mods to my Short Course truck for Tuesday night..... will they work?.... I wonder!!!! :woot:

spud31
31-01-2012, 05:55 PM
You still wont get near the speed of mine lol.
sc10 or Blitz best bet
TBH 7.5 is too much for indoor 10.5 would be much better.
Schumacher mini pins in yellow work well ive trimmed the front to stop them being so agressive.
Most imporatant things are weight and drilling the body to stop the paracuting

Richard

TARTMAN
31-01-2012, 09:13 PM
[QUOTE=spud31;614796]You still wont get near the speed of mine lol.
sc10 or Blitz best bet
TBH 7.5 is too much for indoor 10.5 would be much better.
Schumacher mini pins in yellow work well ive trimmed the front to stop them being so agressive.
Most imporatant things are weight and drilling the body to stop the paracuting

Richard

NOOOOO, i had a 7.5t, to slow, now runnin g a bullistorm 5.5T and goes like he clappers.
mini pins blue front and yellow rears, works great!:thumbsup::thumbsup: