PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S 2

Col
31-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Anyone got one?

I could do with a little help...
I bought one (new) last night and whilst the computer side of it works fine, I can't get the phone to work. I think I've been supplied the wrong sim card - the new one is one of the small ones.
Can anyone confirm if this card is correct?
Muchos Gracias

Jamie.T
31-12-2011, 10:48 AM
I had this phone yesterday as a replacement for my 3gs and so far love it. As a huge apple fan it was a touch decision to change but well worth it.

Also, mine uses a std sized sim but also included a micro sim adapter. HTH

hotrodchris
31-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Had mine for a few months know excellent choice of phone!:thumbsup:
Back to the point it takes a standard sized sim card!:thumbsup:

Col
31-12-2011, 11:10 AM
I had this phone yesterday as a replacement for my 3gs and so far love it. As a huge apple fan it was a touch decision to change but well worth it.

Also, mine uses a std sized sim but also included a micro sim adapter. HTH

Had mine for a few months know excellent choice of phone!:thumbsup:
Back to the point it takes a standard sized sim card!:thumbsup:

So that seems to be my problem. My old std size sim card from my old contract works fine. I've got no micro sim adapter so I guess a trip to the shop is called for.

Thanks for the assistance.

Spoolio
31-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Bit off topic but would be interested in thoughts on battery life for one of these as my BB needs a charge every day now (sometimes mid-day too) so considering jumping ship to either an iPhone 4S or Galaxy S2 and would appreciate some "real-world" opinions rather than all the fan-boy guff off the phone websites. I get a bit fixated on battery life as I'm often out of range of a charger and the best mobile phone in the world is useless if its flat.

Northy
31-12-2011, 11:46 AM
I must say I'm a bit tempted with one of these, especially since I saw a demo of the MHL link working, with a dongle it'll plug straight into an HDMI port :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-definition_Link

hotrodchris
31-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Got a BB as a company phone and hate it whereas the Samsung is easier to use and unless you are constantly playing games etcetera the battery life is excellent plus with android most apps are free! Some good rc related ones as well

Col
31-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Never mind all that... Tesco. T-mobile, 24month contract, 300min, 300 text, 500mb data, free phone for £20.42...

You'd be a fool not too!

hotrodchris
31-12-2011, 10:24 PM
That's deffinately a deal not to miss only downside is the length of the contract

Col
31-12-2011, 10:25 PM
Without going upwards of £30 pm I couldn't find one for less

Timee80
31-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Love mine. I hammer internet all day and it easily last all day. Go steady and I bet you could get 3 days. I never do though

hotrodchris
31-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Orange direct are pretty close.
Did take mine to a 3 day meet last August as well as the full 3 days of the Brit Car 24hrs at Silverstone and left the charger in doors on both occasions and still had life in the battery on the way home, and was logging into the lap times on line on both occasions plus surfing Oople of course

Col
31-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Mine is brand new, so has taken a hammering today at work...
I'll like to assume the battery life will get better, but it was full charged last night and nearly flat at 9pm today.

I can't see it anywhere but I seem to remember it's a 1600mah battery

Hog
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Mine is brand new, so has taken a hammering today at work...
I'll like to assume the battery life will get better, but it was full charged last night and nearly flat at 9pm today.

I can't see it anywhere but I seem to remember it's a 1600mah battery

Col - download the free app "Advanced Task Killer". I had the same problem with battery life but with this running in the background I can get 2 days no problem accessing the net, playing games, calling and texting on my S2. I also have Juice Defender running alongside.

Col
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Col - download the free app "Advanced Task Killer". I had the same problem with battery life but with this running in the background I can get 2 days no problem accessing the net, playing games, calling and texting on my S2. I also have Juice Defender running alongside.

On the S2? It already has it's own task manager built in so is it really needed? I'll give them both a go!
Battery life has got alot better already now it's a few days old:thumbsup:

mark christopher
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
On the S2? It already has it's own task manager built in so is it really needed? I'll give them both a go!
Battery life has got alot better already now it's a few days old:thumbsup:
most modern android phones dont need task killer

Martijn
06-01-2012, 09:09 PM
I got my galaxy s2 now already 4-5 months and still thinks it's the best phone.
I installed juise defender (free one) and it works also really well.
I do 1-2 days with the battery, wifi is always on, playi g gamrs, watching vids etc..

it is just an amazing phone.

btw theres gonna be a new update to the android 4.0 icecream sandwich :D

Hog
09-01-2012, 04:12 PM
most modern android phones dont need task killer

My S2 has certainly benefitted from having ATK installed. Battery life is massively improved.

bodgit
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I have a ring tone on my old LG that I really liked. Is there anyway to transfer it to the S2

gainsy
11-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Could you bluetooth it?

bodgit
11-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks will give that a go once I find the charger for the old phone.

Col
12-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Bluetooth works.

Other than that put it on your computer and use the Kies Air app to wifi it onto the s2

Col
01-02-2012, 11:19 PM
I must say I'm a bit tempted with one of these, especially since I saw a demo of the MHL link working, with a dongle it'll plug straight into an HDMI port :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-definition_Link

If you have an internet enabled TV (which I do) you can stream HD videos via wifi to the TV. It's awesome!

Hog
02-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Got a small problem with mine - all video playback seems to have minimised itself rather than being full screen. Obviously done something to the settings but can't seem to resolve it.

Anyone got any ideas?