PDA

View Full Version : M.E or N.E?

telboy
09-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Right, I'm in a bit of a quandary.

I did N.E last year, but now the M.E is looking very tempting.
It's not as far to the M.E meetings, BUT they take up more weekends, so technically I'll be traveling more distance over the year.
BUT I like the people I race with in the N.E, and because there are more 'weekend' (sat-sun)meetings, there will be less 'overall' travelling over the year, because we will be staying over night.

I'm assuming there will be lower numbers at the M.E too? and the N.E is pretty popular.

What do I do? I'm drawn more towards the N.E at the moment, due to the tyre rule and it allows me to use the GRP's.

HEEEELLLLPPP!!:confused:

Col
09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Tel, you have made several good points for racing in the N.E. series and none for racing in the M.E!
Do it Tel, race in the most competative series around...

AndyM
09-03-2008, 05:46 PM
N.E all the way :D

like col said, it sounds like you want to race in N.E as you have made so many positive points about it, and not really about the M.E,

so N.E! :)

telboy
09-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I suppose the only advantages to the M.E is the shorter distances, and lower numbers. Not that I'm wanting to compete in a series that has less people in it. I think I'd rather do 'average' in a competetive series than do 'well' in a less competetive one. So that isn't realy an aspect.

Just worked out the distances over the season. Traveling to the N.E will be 810miles for the year, and travelling to the M.E will be 904miles. So thats nearly 100miles difference over the season because of the M.E being one day meetings, even though the tracks are closer to me.

Think I'll go N.E.:D

Now wheres me tent!:thumbsup:

RSharpy
13-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Tel, I think you may of already made up your mind but just want to say its going to be a good season in the ME. The numbers have been low in recent years but this one being different with 4 clubs to visit. We are expecting 50+ at each event. Compared to other regions it may be easier to break into the top 10, but once there knowing the lads who are going to be doing the series its going to be tough compitition at the top.

Its your call but more the merrier in the ME:D