PDA

View Full Version : will b44 front cvds fit bj4??

craigosh
09-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Will the front CVDs off the B44 fit the Bj4?

Just sheared a stub axle and bj4 bits are a bit thin on the ground over here now it seems.

cheers

craig

ben
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Im in exacly the same situation as you seen as ive managed to shear 5 stub axles on my S4. My slipper is set correctly and if anything a little bit looser than normal to try and minimise the risk of breaking the axles
Ive been told that they should be a direct fit but im not sure. Does anybody know where i can buy some stub axles from for my S4?????:mad::mad::)

craigosh
10-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I've only seen the whole CVD Ben, and i cant find them in stock anywhere so i'll have to order direct from Jconcepts. I'd of thought they would be a direct fit but they build up different, the stub axle goes over the bone instead of in it!!! So i'm just worried it might bind in the hub carrier.

Need to know soon cause if i need to order from Jconcepts probably need to do it today.

jcb
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Im in exacly the same situation as you seen as ive managed to shear 5 stub axles on my S4. My slipper is set correctly and if anything a little bit looser than normal to try and minimise the risk of breaking the axles
Ive been told that they should be a direct fit but im not sure. Does anybody know where i can buy some stub axles from for my S4?????:mad::mad::)

I have been through the same thing with my S4. I know one time was to do with the pin coming out and rubbing against the alloy hub carrier which would have put added strain on the part. Not really sure why the others have gone, maybe it's something to do with running a one way and the lack of diff action when accelerating :confused:

The stubb axle is the same as the ones on the front of the XXX4, or at least thats what I ended up using and didn't have any problems.

Hope that helps.

Richard Lowe
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
What we need to know is the overall diameter of the CVD assembly, the standard CVD is pretty close to the hub as it is!

If you want to be 100% sure it will fit, why not put B44 hubs and steering blocks on? The geometry is the same and I'm pretty sure the hubs are a direct fit on the BJ4 wishbones :)

jcb
10-03-2008, 01:27 PM
I know the J Concepts hub carriers fit on the B44 wishbones without any trouble, but the B44 spindles don't fit on the hub carriers. Am yet to see if the B44 driveshafts will fit, but will let you know.

craigosh
10-03-2008, 03:29 PM
If you want to be 100% sure it will fit, why not put B44 hubs and steering blocks on? The geometry is the same and I'm pretty sure the hubs are a direct fit on the BJ4 wishbones :)

I could but i'd loose the bling :D i'll see if i can get hold of some off a mate to try.. but would prefer not to change the tasty ali bits!!

craigosh
10-03-2008, 04:36 PM
The stubb axle is the same as the ones on the front of the XXX4, or at least thats what I ended up using and didn't have any problems.

Yeah looks like them but can only find them in complete kits also :(

super__dan
10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah looks like them but can only find them in complete kits also :(

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7606

info here, not good news

craigosh
10-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Well thats ok if i can get the axles seperate, even in pairs. Have spare bones already. Will call DMS tomorrow see what they have. Hope i can get them in time for the Easter Egg :D

craigosh
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Well the MIP part aint available anymore :(

So ordered some b44 CVD's and the hub carriers/steering blocks. But looking at the B44 manual i need bushing for the blocks, which i cant find anywhere :thumbdown:

Will see if i can get them to fit anyway but otherwise might be paying out for express postage from states :( as i really want to run the BJ at the Easter Egg

KBRacing
12-03-2008, 02:05 PM
You can find them her , Link : http://dcracing.co.uk/dcrshop/product_info.php?cPath=68_69_165_166&products_id=300

:D

craigosh
12-03-2008, 02:36 PM
You can find them her , Link : http://dcracing.co.uk/dcrshop/product_info.php?cPath=68_69_165_166&products_id=300

:D

They're the ones for the steering rack not the blocks. Block ones are a different Code - ASC9647.
They look shorter and a bit fatter than the ones for the blocks.!

craigosh
13-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Well got me b44 cvd's and fitted them with the standard carriers/blocks, everything seems ok. Pretty tight clearance but not noticed any rubbing or binding.

Will see how they go after the easter egg and post pics if they survive!!

craigosh
31-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Well after running the B44 front shafts on the BJ4 for two weeks, might still have to order some originals from the states!!

I dont notice any binding on the hub carriers and cant notice any issues when on the track but they are rubbing a little, some of the black coating has rubbed off in a few places, quite lightly as its not super shiny! but still they have been rubbing.

I even dremeled the inside of the hubs a little to take the sharp corners off.

As i say i dont notice any issues on the track but i'm not sure if i should keep running them.
What do you guys think??

Could the rubbing though be from dirt and not the axles hitting the hubs? As i said before its pretty tight in there..