PDA

View Full Version : Worksop Setup anybody

Spoolio
10-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Seeing as its the last round of the Worksop Indoor Off Road series I've decided to build the threaded shocks I've been collecting bits for here and there. As this means new oil I wondered if anybody has a reliable base setup for Worksop they want to post on the setup thread?

I'll freely admit to being a complete dunce as far as setup is concerned to the extent that I probably end up "driving round" a problem ie, kit oil and springs all round (I did manage to work that one out eventually!).

I'm currently on:

Front: Oil 30 / silver springs / arms level / 30 degree blocks / kit positions for shocks and camber links / long wheelbase / -1 degree camber / slight toe-in (not measured it but a ruler placed along the wheel just touchs the outer front edge of the rear wheel).

Rear: Oil 35 / silver springs / bones level / kit positions for shocks and camber links / -1 degree camber / kit anti-squat

Car feels quite twitchy at speed but steering is inconsistent, too much at low speed and seemingly bugger all under power :mad:. Currently running 30g of lead on the steering servo. Battery is a lipo weighing in at 200g and I have 10g of lead in the rear quarters, 5g on the rear bulkhead and 20g in the mid point of each sidepod.

I don't want to waste time chopping it about after every qualifying round as I did that in the December 2007 meeting and it was so frustrating I seriously considered taking up that little known sport of B4-flinging.

Any advice gratefully received.

markwilliamson2001
10-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Make sure you run no more than 30wt in the rear shocks with no.1 pistons.

Also run no.2 pistons in the front.

You will be struggling to get much power on steering inside with a b4, but you can improve things by using 25 deg caster blocks. You can also get the car to rotate more by using 2 to 3 deg antisquat. You can also get more power on steering, by running front toe straight or toe out slightly, and running medium to long wheelbase.

Spoolio
12-03-2008, 08:03 PM
What's the difference between 25 and 30 degree caster blocks?

Well, other than 5 degrees (obviously).

markwilliamson2001
13-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Steering through the corner.
Most run 30deg as it gives more turn in (less mid-exit) steering. It is also slightly smoother, the 25deg seem to be slightly more twitchy at speed.
HTH

Mark