PDA

View Full Version : 1/10 BRCA Regional Series

Asdesigns
10-01-2012, 10:26 AM
These are the following dates for the BRCA regional series.

Round 1 26/27 May @ BADMCC
Round 2 16/17 June @ NIMCC
Round 3 28/29 July @ BADMCC
Round 4 22 September @ Drop Inn (TBC)

There will be practice on the Saturday from 10:00-12:30. Then race meeting will commence on Sunday.
The day will run along with the 1/8 RCCAOI National rounds. This was done to avoid clashes of dates and free up space on the calendar for other events such as 1/10 RCCAOI National events etc.

Recommend Tyres for NIMCC and Drop Inn are Schumacher Mini Spikes (yellow compound). The Tyres for BADMCC are Losi blockhead fronts (4wd) Losi x-2000 or Losi bigshot rears (both 4wd & 2wd) or Proline Calibers PLEASE NOTE SPIKES ARE NOT PERMITTED AT BADMCC !!!!

Hope everyone can make this series happen as this is the first it has ran for several years. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the clubs for their support and helping me make this happen.

Legacy555
10-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Great news Andy!! Well done.
I'm delighted that series is going ahead, I hope its a huge success and that it adds to the resurgence in popularity for the sport in the North at the moment :thumbsup:

There are a few questions that I have - to which there are no right answers, I just want to be able to answer them when the drivers down here ask.

Will marshalling rules be changed so that 1/10th electric drivers marshal their own section, or will they be marshalling the nitros also? Personally, I'd have no problem marshalling the nitro heats, or any 5 minute final... but an extended final (cant remember if they are 30 or 45 minutes) would wreck some electric driver's heads :D - maybe its something to be considered.

The BRCA regionals are for just two classes, 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod. Is there any intention to run a Clubman class along side these to attract novice drivers to the championship. The Clubman racers could run in the same heats as the modified, but have a seperate results table and maybe some trophies at the end of the year. As 75% of our racers in the South run in the resricted class (10.5 motor and no esc timing advance) it would be a shame to exclude these drivers.

Regarding the tyres - you've been very good and recommended several suitable tyres for Aghalee. I just want to clarify what is meant by no spikes - the Losi X-2000 has rows of pins around a central X. Are the pins not spikes? If pins (as per the tyre label description) are allowed, could I use a Losi M3 Step-pin? - this tyre has bigger spikes than a Schumacher Minispike, but they are still called pins. It's a very grey area, and we all want to work with you and Aghalee to ensure that their track is not damaged. But perhaps setting 1 control tyre (I recommend Proline Calibers inline with EFRA dirt events) might rule out any technical issues on the day. It also helps the local retialer with stock requirements.

As I said, I'm absolutely thrilled that not only is the series planned and soon to be up and running, but also that there is enthusiasm in the north to go racing outside :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

colmo
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
I think the point Andy was driving it is that spikes flat out don't work at Aghalee.

There's little sense restricting what dirt tyres people can use, as there are so few on the market here - I'll be trying out the cheapy Fastrax ones, pre-mounted and all. Calibres and Losi X2000s have proven to work well there, with the former on slightly moister clay, and the latter when it dries out.

noreargrip
10-01-2012, 11:50 AM
grass type spike tyres are generally harder..not only will they not work they would damage the surface...so any clay/dirt type tyre whatever the tread arrangement would work...I agree with William about a control tyre..this works in all motorsports...I would also recommend proline calibers...that's what I intend to run...holeshots wouldn't last me 2 runs..badmcc seems quite abrasive

noreargrip
10-01-2012, 12:07 PM
there is loads of clay tyres available...maybe not in our local hobbyshop...but the compounds and patterns vary vastly ....far far more than any grass / astro tyre...proline,j-concepts,aka,losi,..amounts to dozens of choices from each manufacturer...control tyre is the only way to go for me..

noreargrip
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
badmcc?...dirt?...oh no that means I'll have to order the new b4.1 world edition...what a bummer...lol

colmo
10-01-2012, 12:09 PM
grass type spike tyres are generally harder..not only will they not work they would damage the surface...so any clay/dirt type tyre whatever the tread arrangement would work...I agree with William about a control tyre..this works in all motorsports...I would also recommend proline calibers...that's what I intend to run...holeshots wouldn't last me 2 runs..badmcc seems quite abrasive

Calibres, while expensive, do have excellent wear rate. I'd have no complaints using them. Any old rib tyre will work on the front of a 2wd, I'd suggest leaving those open.

badmcc?...dirt?...oh no that means I'll have to order the new b4.1 world edition...what a bummer...lol - just lie back and think of the team discount....or man up and be the one to work out a dirt setup on the Centro!

Mugenextreme
10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
If there is no current control tire dont limit the tire choose, i have a ton of bowtie and holeshot tires on rims from last years Euros i want to use up. This event would give me the ideal reason to use them for once.

:thumbsup:

Cardnim
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
+1 for calibers.
Ran one set for 6 full rounds at Aghalee (BADMCC) last season and they were stonking (they get better the more they wear!)
As Colin rightly says, they are slightly better on moist ground, and slightly skiddish when it gets really dry and dusty

... or as colin says, whens the track is Bournville they are good, when its Cadbury's its ok, and Lindt is just plain wrong :p

Asdesigns
10-01-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok here we go !!

1: Marshalling :- depending on numbers we will Marshall ourselves. If not the longest you will have to Marshall will be a 7 min 1/8 race. Finals could be longer again depends on number 1/10 drivers.

2: Clubmans Class :- depends on interest of this class DRIVERS CONTACT ME

3: Tyres :- I'm going with Colin on this one. I don't feel it's suitable to call a control tyre as lots of Tyres are available. The ones I posted are the ones that work at agahlee track. As for definition of Tyres it is as Mark said DIRT TYRES ONLY !! that means GRASS TYRES. This is a ruling of the club and we need to respect their wishes or we won't be allowed back !! If anyone is unsure of a tyre send me a pm with the tyre name and model and I'll check with the club if it's permitted.

Hope this helps !!

Asdesigns
10-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Doh NO GRASS TYRES !!!!! should really preview before posting lol

Legacy555
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Spot on Andy, that's good enough for me.

I'll make a list of Clubman drivers from our club who are interested and come back to you.

Might be a good idea to take a show of hands at the next National Indoor round on Feb 5th as there will be alot of travelling drivers there.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

av4625
10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Great news but that means i have to run 1/8th and 1/10th on the same day ill be busy!!!

Asdesigns
13-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I can now confirm the last round of the BRCA Regionals has been confirmed for saturday 22nd September at Drop Inn Racing !!

mole2k
25-01-2012, 01:25 AM
If there is going to be a clubman class would they be included in the overall rankings just with separate class winners and so still qualify for an F ranking or would they be ran as an entirely separate (non-regional) class and therefore not eligible for ranking?

Asdesigns
25-01-2012, 10:45 AM
BRCA ruling doesn't run a clubmans class. 1/10 is an open class for motors no limits. So in keeping with this there will only be two classes 2wd and 4wd.

You can certainly run 10.5 motors and you will receive an F grade on your fininshing position.

I haven't received any interest from any drivers about running a clubmans class and with the organising getting to the critical point I don't foresee a clubmans class being run. Sorry guys, but nobody contacted me about showing interest.

Andy

Cardnim
25-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Doesnt affect me too much Andy with no clubman class, but just to highlight something you mentioned in the post above...

You can certainly run 10.5 motors and you will receive an F grade on your fininshing position.

Is this strictly true? Surely if someone runs 10.5, and through a feat of superhuman driving ability beats everyone else then their grading would be top of the pile - not F.

i.e. isnt it down to how well you do in the series, NOT on your motor rating?

Legacy555
25-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Doesnt affect me too much Andy with no clubman class, but just to highlight something you mentioned in the post above...

Is this strictly true? Surely if someone runs 10.5, and through a feat of superhuman driving ability beats everyone else then their grading would be top of the pile - not F.

i.e. isnt it down to how well you do in the series, NOT on your motor rating?

The "F" gradings are F1, F2, F3, F4, F5 - all are F gradings.
Winner and certain percentage behind will be F1.
Then certain percentage after that will be F2, etc etc.

Asdesigns
25-01-2012, 10:56 AM
The F grading I speak of is F2 F3 F4 F5 etc. Yes if a guy running a 10.5 motor wins he does indeed take the win for that round.

BRCA is open motor class. This means you can run any motor you want.

Cardnim
25-01-2012, 11:00 AM
DOH!
Sorry, stupid moment there. :blush:

I'll just be in the corner dribbling...

:drool:

Asdesigns
25-01-2012, 11:13 AM
The highest F grade achievable at regional level is F2. But what Will says is correct. The winner takes F2 and then it's worked on percentages after that down to F5 grade.

barnettgs
21-02-2012, 12:57 AM
Hi, I'm new to here. This 2wd off-road class looks appeal to me but apart from my experience in backyard bashing, I have little experience in racing.

Is there anything I need to know more regarding this class, especially with brushless motor and battery setup?

I am looking at AE RC10B4 buggy, would that do for a newbie like me?

Legacy555
22-02-2012, 10:38 AM
Hi Andy,

I've entered the series via rcracecontrol.com - I just have a few questions

The series details 3 rounds with 2 to count and a trophy presentation on sept 22nd at Drop-In. Isn't Drop-In now hosting a race meeting? So shouldn't it be 4 rounds with 3 to count? Please clarify.

Can you pay on the day? Including Drop-In, full prepay entry for two classes wold be £96 (£112 inc. BRCA membership - that's 135 Euro) It's a bit much to be handing out in one lump

I want to pitch this series to the boys in the south and these questions will be asked, so I just want to be clear.

Well done getting it all sorted!

Will

mole2k
22-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Just to further the questions by Will, if payment in a lump sum is required could it be done via post dated cheques so that the money per event wont be taken out till the date of the event (or slightly before)?

Asdesigns
22-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for getting back to me Will.

The drop inn will only be as stated a trophy day and NOT a round of the championship because of issuses with the track size. So it will be a day ran as per club rules.

The events must be pre paid there will be no pay at track. This allows for organising of trophies etc and allows the clubs involved to set up the timing system before the event to save hassle. As for paying you DON'T have to pay for all races at once. I will be altering the closing dates to closer to the event date so this should make it easier for people.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Thanks
Andy

Legacy555
22-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Thanks for getting back to me Will.

The drop inn will only be as stated a trophy day and NOT a round of the championship because of issuses with the track size. So it will be a day ran as per club rules.

The events must be pre paid there will be no pay at track. This allows for organising of trophies etc and allows the clubs involved to set up the timing system before the event to save hassle. As for paying you DON'T have to pay for all races at once. I will be altering the closing dates to closer to the event date so this should make it easier for people.

Hope this has been of some help to you

Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,

Sounds like a good solution. I'll enter round 1 now and await your updates before entering round 2.

Regards,

William

eda
22-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi, I'm new to here. This 2wd off-road class looks appeal to me but apart from my experience in backyard bashing, I have little experience in racing.

Is there anything I need to know more regarding this class, especially with brushless motor and battery setup?

Not sure what all info u need but I help at the Craigavon club and if u send me a PM I'll help if I can. Would be best to get some club racing before committing to a bigger event.

Cardnim
22-02-2012, 04:42 PM

Hi BarnettGS - Sorry, I missed your post or would have replied sooner. Great to hear of others interested in racing. I only got started a year ago after bashing around and can thoroughly recommend it. Very friendly bunch (mostly! :p) and lots of help.

There are a couple of places in go 1.10th off road racing up north, and a few more down south. All the ones that I have been to have been damn good fun.

I can recommend Drop-Inn racing every other Wed night as Eda has already said. Its a good environment to hone your skills and get some racing practise and experience. Let me know if you are going along, and I'll stop by to say hi. :)

barnettgs
22-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Not at all. :)

From my youth, I have some experiences with a few electric kits including 1/10th touring car and an off-road Marder buggy and some nitro car/trucks. Now I have only one rc which is AE RC10GT2 nitro truck.

The last electric I had was over 10 years ago!

I am looking at RC10B4 RTR buggy because it is cheap enough for me to start the racing/bashing hobby and I hope it is ok enough for any club.

Just a couple of questions - Battery - which capacity/voltage is enough for all day racing, providing time for re-charging etc? And the standard motor which comes with RTR is 3300kV, would that be ok for a start?

Many thanks

Gary

Cardnim
22-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Hey Gary,

The RC10 B4.1 seems to be a popular buggy at Drop-Inn with quite a few racing round every meeting, and much more than once Ive been amazed at how strong they are when they hit the walls! they seem to be built like tanks.

However, in my own opinion, the Reedy 3300kV motor is too slow for anyone but a complete newcomer. Im sure that because you have raced before, and bash around with the nitro that a more powerful motor might be better.
THe 3300 equates to roughly a 13.5 turn motor.
I believe alot of people seem to have good success with a 10.5 turn motor as this seems to give a good balance of flat out speed, and smooth, low end torque.

However, Im no 2WD expert, so "Eda" or one of the other 2wd maestros on here will shed more light.

As for batteries, go for your 2s Lipo and you wont go far wrong. Capacity wise, Im running 5400mAh and I can get about 2 races out of these, so I think anything over 3300mAh and you should easily have enough juice for a race, while not being too large that you cant get fully charged before the next race.
It also depends what fits in your car, and again, I dont know what batteries fit or not in the RC10.

colmo
23-02-2012, 01:42 AM
For Drop Inn, the Reedy 3300kv is plenty. You've seen Pierce hurtling recklessly around with that motor, and the only thing he lacks is any regard for throttle control.....just nail the gearing and you're sorted.

A 2wd running a modest motor, or maybe even an 8.5T, which is the most I'd recommend for Drop Inn in 2wd, draws under 1500mah.

Carnim draws far more because a) he drives a 4wd, much less efficient, b) runs a 6.5T and c) is a ruthless throttle-masher :p

Cardnim
23-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Cardnim draws far more because a) he drives a 4wd, much less efficient, b) runs a 6.5T and c) is a ruthless throttle-masher :p

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE OFFENCE AT THAT STATEMENT!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

....but cannot as its fairly accurate. :lol:

barnettgs
23-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Great and if I find it lacking, I can always upgrade to more powerful motor later. :)

A last question - Would two packs of battery be sufficient for evening racing? I am looking at 5000mAh ones.

I still have not made up my mind yet whether to join in the racing or not but if I do, I hope to make it before the first round of the series.

Gary

Cardnim
23-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Two 5000mAH might be sufficient for a full nights racing without charging.
They are CERTAINLY way more than the minimum if you are charging between rounds (which everyone does)

You definately want to come racing and join in. Its great fun, and with just that little competitive edge, it keeps it exciting. :thumbsup:

Legacy555
23-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Great and if I find it lacking, I can always upgrade to more powerful motor later. :)

A last question - Would two packs of battery be sufficient for evening racing? I am looking at 5000mAh ones.

I still have not made up my mind yet whether to join in the racing or not but if I do, I hope to make it before the first round of the series.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Best go down to racing for a look before you buy anything. You;d be surprised what bargains (2nd hand) might be on offer by club members.
1 pack of batteries will do you fine, you'll have enough time to cahrge them between races.

Will

av4625
24-02-2012, 12:37 AM
One pack off bats did me for a long time but one of the last days at naul when u had the big jump i cudnt make it half way through they wer dieing i wud reckomend 2 or more but will get by with one if pushed

ModellersCorner
24-02-2012, 10:16 AM
1 Battery is essential (for obvious reasons :P)
2 Batteries is a luxury which just basically affords you a bit more leeway should things start to get tight time wise.

If you have one battery I would stick with that for a while as it will be possible to race perfectly well on the one pack.

mole2k
24-02-2012, 10:17 AM
^^ That was me.

barnettgs
24-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Cheers. I think I will start off with just one battery and see how it goes.

Let me know if there is any meeting at NIMCC or Drop Inn coming up soon. :thumbsup:

By the way, is NIMCC's website down?

eda
24-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Drop Inn Racing next Wednesday 29th Feb 7.00 - 10.30. See dropinnracing.com for directions etc.

h0m3sy
25-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Cheers. I think I will start off with just one battery and see how it goes.

Let me know if there is any meeting at NIMCC or Drop Inn coming up soon. :thumbsup:

By the way, is NIMCC's website down?

Looks like the NIMCC site is down at the minute, it does that from time to time. I know they plan to run a 6 date series for electric buggys this year. More info as I get it.:)

Modeltune
26-02-2012, 10:17 PM
VERY disappointed to read Drop Inn is not a round of the championship - cannot think of one good reason why it wouldn't be - in fairness I can think of many reasons why it is the most appropriate location for a round.

Strongly believe that the Drop Inn club should host a round of the BRCA 1/10th regional championship as one of the only two 1/10th Off Road BRCA affiliated club in Ireland (the other being Fivemiletown).

The track is perfect and the venue is perfect - only stumbling block would be if the club cannot facilitate a particular date.

Afraid I feel very strongly about this.

ian h
26-02-2012, 11:00 PM
VERY disappointed to read Drop Inn is not a round of the championship - cannot think of one good reason why it wouldn't be - in fairness I can think of many reasons why it is the most appropriate location for a round.

Strongly believe that the Drop Inn club should host a round of the BRCA 1/10th regional championship as one of the only two 1/10th Off Road BRCA affiliated club in Ireland (the other being Fivemiletown).

The track is perfect and the venue is perfect - only stumbling block would be if the club cannot facilitate a particular date.

Afraid I feel very strongly about this.
Have a read of the BRCA rulebook regarding venues for Regionals. Unfortunately Drop Inn doesn't meet all criteria. 2 issues being rostrum construction and track dimensions.
14. THE TRACK
14.1 Safety procedures as detailed in General Rules 6, 8 & 9 must be adopted.
The rostrum and steps must be of sound construction. The design of steps should conform to recognised dimensions. Guard rails of suitable strength and position must be in place.
14.2 Tracks will be laid out so that there are no hidden areas when viewed from the driver‟s rostrum area. 14.3 Track markings must be placed to define the track lay-out and to minimise any corner cutting.
14.4 Tyres will not be used to define the track at BRCA National and Regional Sanctioned events.
14.5 At all National format events outdoors, tracks will be a minimum of 3 metres wide and minimum 130 metres in length.
14.6 At Sanctioned events, other than Nationals, tracks must be a minimum of 2.4 metres wide.
14.7 The straight for starting finals, will be a minimum of 20 metres long, with no obstructions, including any form of jump, sudden rise or fall.
14.8 Start and finish lines must be marked. A „penalty line‟ must be marked 2 metres in front of and parallel with the qualifying start line.
14.9 All tracks will have a designated „pull-off‟ area for cars that have completed a race.
14.10 At all National events, there will be a designated „stop go‟ penalty area.
14.11 All finals will have staggered grid starts at 2 metre intervals and two rows of cars. The top qualifier will choose which side of the grid they wish to start from.

Modeltune
27-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Can see what your saying - but if the series is to be a success - Drop Inn needs to be a round. I know that all the events being in conjuction with 1/8th Nitro is putting a significant number of our racers off, but understand why we are running that way.

Those rules are for BRCA national events and can be modified per club rules for lesser events.

Is track width the only bone of contention? This is a fledgling championship and cannot be constrainted by largely irrelevant rules. I agree the sport need rules to govern it, but not to constrain it.

I will speak with Andy on Wednesday.

mycodenameisgraeme
27-02-2012, 10:00 AM
This is a fledgling championship and cannot be constrainted by largely irrelevant rules.

But it is a BRCA sanctioned championship, and Ian quoted the BRCA rules. So would you not say they are completely relevant....

Legacy555
27-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I think Andy Smith has put together a very fairly thought out championship and I plan on fully supporting it.

I really enjoy racing at Drop-In and Ed and the team have a good thing going and alot of effort goes in, but running a 10 car 4wd modified A-Final to a BRCA meeting standard may be difficult on such a small track in my opinion.

Modeltune
27-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Firstly, hats off to Andy for doing a great job in putting this together.

Rostrum is not an issue in my opinion at Drop Inn as the height would allow me to conclude that no guard rails constitute appropriate per BRCA rules. Safety is of paramount importance always, and the only rostrum accidents i have seen in 25 years have been falling on steps or falling over seemingly very appropriate rails (in ballymoney).

Track width - I think can be waivered. Personally I find a tight track challenging, and as I understand it no one from the Northern Ireland BRCA region has raised an issue. Rules are important but are there to support great and fair racing - not to prevent it.

Drop Inn in my opinion must form part of the championship.

h0m3sy
27-02-2012, 04:45 PM
The rostrum at Drop-in is an issue, as per BRCA rules, there should be no blind spots. The rostrum(bench) at Craigavon may be ok for kids, but when you have 6 or 8 fully grown adults on it, you can't see some parts of the track.

Modeltune
27-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Have to agree to disagree on that David.

I just wish more focus was on encouraging participation rather than coming up with reasons for exclusion.

People will not attend Aghalee cause its on a Sunday, the jumps dont work for 1/10th, its on dirt, its run with nitros......

People wont race at Ballymena cause its on a saturday, its on Astro, the back straight is too far away, the joins in the astro are too rough......

My opinion - we have no perfect tracks, but I love racing on them ALL.

Some people will only participate at Drop Inn and others wont cause its too small. No different in my eyes.

Will, make it a 6 or 8 car final. David, I am sure if you point out the blind spots it can be addressed - I am unaware of them.

Regional races are about making the best of what is available to us to find the best drivers in the region and have lots of fun when doing it.

I am certain the Drop Inn round will have the largest entry.

Lets not break this championship before its even started.

mycodenameisgraeme
27-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Lets not break this championship before its even started.

The only person i can currently see doing that Andrew is you.

It is a fact that Drop inn does not conform to BRCA rules, and this is a BRCA championship in order to get your driver gradings the championship has to conform to these rules; you HAVE to run 10 car finals, the track and rostrum HAVE to conform to BRCA rules etc etc.

Don't get me wrong I like drop-inn, the tracks are great once you get your momentum going in a run, but the fact is that it does not conform to what is needed to run a BRCA regional event. I seem to remember complaints about the track size at Lucan during RCCAOI national events years ago and it is much bigger than Drop Inn.

And as you can see from the likes of Will, Ian and David's replies nobody else seems to have an issue about this Andrew and i feel the manner that you have went about raising this issue in public instead of raising the issue privately with our BRCA rep is thoroughly unprofessional and is an attempt to make a mockery of this series before it gets a chance to get off the ground.

h0m3sy
27-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I'm not knocking the series Andrew, it's about time we had regionals in the North again, and indeed, hats off to Andy Smith for getting this off the ground. I myself was one of the first to register for ALL the rounds. The fact remains though, Drop-In is not suitable for a BRCA sanctioned event for numerous reasons which have been previously stated. I agree with you that it probably would have been one of the best suppported rounds if it were possible, but you can't just chop and change the rules to suit yourself. They are what they are.

Modeltune
27-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Mycodenameisgraeme (sorry but not sure who you really are)- the last thing I intend is to break this championship - not sure if you are aware but I had pledged sponsorship for the four round championship, and have been supporting the 1/10th revival for quite a few years now. I want nothing more than a strong championship.

I have spoken in private with Andy whom knows he has my full support - and I believe he shares my frustration at not having a round at the Drop Inn based on a very small number of people complaining about it. Not sure how cutting the round which has the largest potential number of competitors (there has been more than the 30 driver cap at other rounds on a wednesday night club event!) can be seen as helping the championship.

I apologise you think this is unprofessional - and it is not and was not a dig at anyone - sometimes common sense has to prevail, and sometimes it just doesnt! Your call as to which is winning this time!

growler1
27-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Have to agree with Andrew on this one lads. Drop in isn't perfect but any problems could have been worked around.Yes the rostrum doesn't lend itself to perfect visibility but with a bit of planning with regard to the track it could have been improved. The point of racing is to have fun and it certainly would have achieved that lofty standard!

mycodenameisgraeme
27-02-2012, 09:31 PM
The clues in the name..... :p

Make this clear, nobody here is knocking drop-inn as a venue, i love racing there the atmosphere is great to relax and race in, and the clubs own website even calls itself 'We aim to be a friendly mid week club run mostly for the craic, but still good practice for those who take their weekend racing much more seriously!!'

However the unfortunate fact is the track/rostrum does not meet BRCA standards so it cannot host a regional round and as far as i know the guys at drop inn are aware of this and happy enough to hold the trophy day - at least they havent been completely excluded.

There has been alot gone on behind the scenes to get this series off the ground over the last few months and i can assure the decession not to hold a round at drop was not taken lightly (the BRCA 1/10th off road section chairman was consulted) but unfortunately thats the rules.

The way this discussion has arose has done no good for the sport or the this fledgling series. Now lets draw a line under this whats done is done, c'mon enough talking lets just get on with the racing :woot::woot:

h0m3sy
27-02-2012, 11:13 PM
Now lets draw a line under this whats done is done, c'mon enough talking lets just get on with the racing :woot::woot:

:thumbsup:

Legacy555
29-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Got my entries in for every round, and paid for round 1....
Really looking forward to this championship :thumbsup::thumbsup:

av4625
29-02-2012, 09:53 PM
has anyone a link to were to enter andy did show me but i cant find the link :(

Legacy555
29-02-2012, 10:45 PM
has anyone a link to were to enter andy did show me but i cant find the link :(

www.rcracecontrol.com

av4625
13-03-2012, 08:36 PM
I think i have entered all 4 rounds things now how do u pay for an individual race and when does all the races have to be paid by? it is showing me a table with all round with a £ beside them, do u hav to pay for drop inn?

h0m3sy
17-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Logged in to the bbk website to pay for my entries and all the rounds are closed???? Whats happening regarding the series:confused:

blade
18-04-2012, 09:08 PM
i have also tried to book in and pay but all rounds closed maybe just an error?

lotus791
21-04-2012, 08:06 PM
so try again ............

h0m3sy
22-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Only 6 entries for the first round in 2WD? and 2 of them are from the South. What's happened to everyone else?:eh?:

Asdesigns
23-04-2012, 07:16 AM
The problems with rcracecontrol has been sorted out now. I agree David common guys get entering !!

colmo
23-04-2012, 07:55 AM
The problems with rcracecontrol has been sorted out now. I agree David common guys get entering !!

Good stuff. I've been holding off as long as possible because I don't know what I'll be doing from one week to the next. I have a better idea now, so this commoner will get his foot in the door.

Asdesigns
30-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Right guys I need to know if you've paid for the first round as it will be closing Friday 11th May. There will NOT be the facility to pay on the day !! PLEASE CONTACT ME ON EMAIL ME IF ANY PROBLEMS. MY ADDRESS CAN BE FOUND ON www.rcracecontrol.com

Thanks
Andy Smith

h0m3sy
30-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Just paid my enrty for round 1 just now mate. :thumbsup:

Legacy555
23-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Best of luck to everyone competing this Sunday at Round 1 of the Northern Ireland BRCA Regionals.

I'm collecting Colin in Clontarf at about 7am on the morning of the event.
And I'll be stopping in the motorway services at Castlebellingham at about 8.20am - so anyone heading up can meet me there.

h0m3sy
28-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Where do I find a full run down of the results?

lotus791
04-06-2012, 09:53 AM
JUST FOR YOU TRY RESULTS (http://www.rccaoi.com/downloads/Results/2012rallycrossresults/mtg23/ressum.htm) :p:p:p

Legacy555
13-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Best of luck to all of those competing in the 1/10th BRCA Regional at NIMCC this Sunday :thumbsup: