PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when........

Northy
11-03-2008, 05:05 PM
You lend someone some thing or parts in good faith, but then never give you them back :thumbdown::thumbdown:

G

ashleyb4
11-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I agree graham it is highly annoying.

A

ben
11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
You lend someone some thing or parts in good faith, but then never give you them back :thumbdown::thumbdown:

G

I gave you your fake cell i borrowed :) Wot has someone borrowed and not returned?:o:thumbdown:

Lee
11-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Nothing worse, it makes you think twice the next time, which is a shame:thumbdown:

josh_smaxx
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Ye i agree, someone lent me a hingepin once, i purposly bought some more to give him one back but before i got chance he took my out on the straight and killed the whole left side of my brand new B4FT and didnt even say sorry :thumbdown: so the tables have turned!

twisty
11-03-2008, 05:56 PM
My old fella gave me a good bit of advice a few years ago,it went something like this.
Never lend anything you can`t afford to write off,then if it comes back ,see it as a bonus.
:)

jimarea51
11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
:woot:Hmmmmm!!!

I wonder where my silver Losi spring are :woot:........

What Have I nicked off you now??

JIm:woot:

RogerM
11-03-2008, 07:09 PM
There is something worse ..... somebody borrowing something, breaking it .... then sneaking it back so you think you have it then when you most need it!!!

That takes the biscuit!!!!

ben
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Only small but someone must of taken my pinion driver without asking and broken the tip so then when i come to use it its's broken.:mad::mad::mad:.
Anybody want to own up

rcracer
11-03-2008, 08:11 PM
ive got a pinion with something stuck in the grub screw and i cant tighten it up now its realy annoying :mad:

telboy
11-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I used to lend friends my pinions. I knew which were mine as I used to write on them in a red artists opaque pen.

One day I wondered where all my pinions had gone...no one owned up, so I asked to borrow a pinion off someone else, and guess what?

the pinion I 'borrowed' was one of mine anyway!!

But what p's me off is that when I asked if they'd got any, no one owned up.:thumbdown:

Lee
13-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I lent someone a HD front end for the BJ4 last september at the F345`s, i thought i would of had it replaced by now, am i being too demanding:confused:

Richard Lowe
13-03-2008, 07:26 PM

G
Yeah, but it's even worse when said offender sells the part...

Chrislong
13-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but it's even worse when said offender sells the part...

Worse still when he sells the part back to you!!

Northy
13-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I lent someone a HD front end for the BJ4 last september at the F345`s, i thought i would of had it replaced by now, am i being too demanding:confused:

That's taking the p*ss that. Ban him I say. :mad::mad:

G

Al3xis007
13-03-2008, 07:47 PM
here's a good one........

top driver, crap marshall.

what do u do..

marshall as you would like to be marshalled:thumbsup:

Chrislong
13-03-2008, 07:59 PM
here's a good one........

top driver, crap marshall.

what do u do..

marshall as you would like to be marshalled:thumbsup:

Its a discussion point, and I say how about don't crash, as the marshall may genuinely be trying (if he ain't a TC guy) but the adrenaline in your body makes 3 seconds feel like 30 seconds (unless your racing TC and then replace the word adrenaline with boredom). Sometime the marshall point may be in a bad area and either he has too much to watch and miss's a crash, or he can't get to your car as others are coming very quickly.

:lol: only joking about the TC comments ofcause.

Mike Hudson
13-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I found when I asked for some parts back that had been brand new I had leant to someone he had thrown them away :o:mad:

super__dan
14-03-2008, 05:22 PM
In all seriousness I lent my tranny muff to someone either the start of last year or the end of the one before and never got it back. It's quite unique as it's orange with Britsh Rail lining material. Then I got a black one off Timmy (one of Lion-O's specials) and lent that to someone and that's gone missing :(

josh_smaxx
14-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I hate it when people around you lend your tools without asking and dont give them back so at the end of the meeting i have to go around the whole area im pitting in collecting my stuff :mad: Once someone lent some pliers, walked over to an area someone was selling stuff and put them down and walked away, told me he'd given me them back :mad::mad::thumbdown: found them 10 mins later.

Northy
14-03-2008, 06:22 PM

You got it back yet Lee? :confused:

G

Lee
14-03-2008, 09:14 PM
You got it back yet Lee? :confused:

G

I have got more chance spit roasting the lads mum:woot:

telboy
14-03-2008, 11:52 PM
:lol: only joking about the TC comments ofcause.

...no you weren't.:lol:

Regarding the marshalling stuff, I have found with off road that sometimes you just can't see a crashed car as well as you can from the rostrum.

So I say give the marshal a chance to see before shouting.:)

vader
15-03-2008, 03:36 PM
Lee,

Does this 'person' race in the North East? :confused: If so Vader may stop him from racing at regionals.....

What you say G?