PDA

View Full Version : mid south regional dates?

mw02veg
11-03-2008, 05:13 PM
just havin a quick look around the site and i cant see the series dates? would be a great help if someone could point me in the right direction :D

cheers grant williams

JCJC
11-03-2008, 05:51 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8191

Possibly not where you would expect em, and on-line booking, care of Mr DMS:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8187

should be all you need. see you there :thumbsup::thumbsup:

mw02veg
11-03-2008, 06:01 PM
cheers mate thanx alot :thumbsup:

jim76
11-03-2008, 09:49 PM
bugger, you racing Mid South this year Grant? that's another place further down the field for me then!

JCJC
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
cheers mate thanx alot :thumbsup:

Thank you, now they are easy to find in the Mid South section as well:D

mw02veg
12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
lol jim im just weighing up my options for the up and comming year. Dont panic yet :D. no disrespect to anyone but who are the guys at the top that race in your region?

JCJC
12-03-2008, 07:37 PM
BRCA Mid South.
Formulas for 2008.
F1
Richard Barton
Darren Bloomfield
Chris Doughty
Kevin Lee
Lee Martin
Danny McGee
Jonathon Palmer
Simon Reeves
Keith Robertson
John Spencer
Greg Spicer
Ellis Stafford
Tony Truman
F2
Nigel Buck
Simon Chambers
James Ebden
Martin Johnson
Kit Jones
Tristram Neal
Richard Norris
Mark Paice
Richard Ralph
Chris Smith
Alec Springer
Lloyd Storey
Paul Timberlake
F3
Colin Buck
Ian Buck
Alex Canning
Alex Carter
Daniel Cockill
Alan Davis
Andrew Duncombe
Wayne Elliott
Mike Fisher
Simon Overall
Andrew Simpson
Ian Southwell
Lewis Strong
F4
Stu Aggett
Darren Boyle
Duncan Brass
Philip Child
Nick Child
Joseph Cockill
Jordan Cook
Matt Course
Tony Davis
Ian Davis
Scott Follington
David Mudford
James Overton
Roger Smith
Anybody not above is F5

This help ? there may be one or two anomolies - Nick Goodall springs to mind. (not that...but he is an F5 or mabey an F3 unlisted)

jim76
12-03-2008, 09:18 PM
the regulars are Lee Martin, Tony Truman, John Spencer, Kev Lee and Greg Spicer. The others are mainly National only.
Lloyd Storey is pretty quick along with Kit. Oh, and that Goodall bloke!
Probably slightly higher numbers and more F1's than the south east to test you! Also some decent tracks lined up this year. What am i saying, I want you stay in the south east so i can make some A finals!

Al3xis007
13-03-2008, 07:37 PM
nick goodall is an f5 for 08 cause he didn't do enough regionals last year. soz nick, good luck getting into the nats.

dont forget nigel buck he should be the sh1t this year lol

Al3xis007
18-03-2008, 08:26 PM
there's been no updates to the stotfold website for a bit. we're workin on it, but if ur a mid south driver wanting do regionals go to www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk) for booking in

cheers

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 11:32 AM
nick goodall is an f5 for 08 cause he didn't do enough regionals last year. soz nick, good luck getting into the nats.

dont forget nigel buck he should be the sh1t this year lol

Only just found this thread but hey never too late and all that!

One thing bugging me - HOW can i be an F5 if the new rule from the BRCA says anyone that's finished in the top 15 of the National series since 1994 can't EVER drop below F3?????

Southwell
27-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Only just found this thread but hey never too late and all that!

One thing bugging me - HOW can i be an F5 if the new rule from the BRCA says anyone that's finished in the top 15 of the National series since 1994 can't EVER drop below F3?????

I thought that too? Although i thought it was F4 you couldn't drop below.

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 11:42 AM
I thought that too? Although i thought it was F4 you couldn't drop below.

Nope, definitely F3 :-) I read it last week when the new handbook came round.

I really would like it confirmed though.........

Darren Boyle
27-03-2008, 11:44 AM
That would affect me also, let us all know if anyone finds out for certain....

jim76
27-03-2008, 11:59 AM
did you finish in the top 15 Darren? good effort if you did!

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Who do we need to confirm it then? Don't fancy being in Heat 1 at all the regionals again to be honest :blush:

JCJC
27-03-2008, 02:08 PM
That would affect me also, let us all know if anyone finds out for certain....

Page 40, 2008 handbook, Licence Grades - rule 21.1
"a top 15 place in the off road national championship since 1994 will not be demoted lower than F3"

Who do we need to confirm it then? Don't fancy being in Heat 1 at all the regionals again to be honest :blush:

If I were you Nick I would email our rep, Keith Wardle, I find he is always helpful.

On another note, ground is still realy wet round here, wonder what the parking & track is like at Silverstone ? 6th aint far away.

jim76
27-03-2008, 02:20 PM
are we still on the old grass track for the 4wd, or are they planning to have the new multi-surface done? i suspect the first answer, which will get my shiny new D4 all muddy! :-(

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 03:04 PM
are we still on the old grass track for the 4wd, or are they planning to have the new multi-surface done? i suspect the first answer, which will get my shiny new D4 all muddy! :-(

Haha never mind haha, it's what every new car should go through :lol:

I haven't got a 4wd yet, my old Cat 2000 EC is in bits with no shocks and looking very sorry for itself at the moment :cry:

If I can get it running in time though i'd love to race it - hopefully with Brushless power!

jim76
27-03-2008, 03:13 PM
i ran my original cat 2000 a few years ago when i first returned from a 10 year break. it beat most of the cars at the club and handled the bumps lovely! think the drivetrain suffered a little from the extra horsepower compared to '93 with 1700 scr!

get it sorted Nick. Or better still, buy a new 4wd! actually, scrap that, i'd have more chance of keeping up with you running an old car!

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 03:16 PM
i ran my original cat 2000 a few years ago when i first returned from a 10 year break. it beat most of the cars at the club and handled the bumps lovely! think the drivetrain suffered a little from the extra horsepower compared to '93 with 1700 scr!

get it sorted Nick. Or better still, buy a new 4wd! actually, scrap that, i'd have more chance of keeping up with you running an old car!

I can't be buying anything so it's the Cat 2000EC or nothing i'm afraid, it should be good enough to handle the power...... we were running 11's back with 2400's and later 3000's in the Cat 3k so i'd hope it will survive!

The EC isn't so good on the bumps but then if the track cuts up like the F2's it won't matter anyway as nothing was good there :D

Nick Goodall
27-03-2008, 05:15 PM
I have e-mailed Keith so will post up the response but i can't see why i won't be an F3 - Unless it only applies for the following year or something daft???

It's annoyed me to be honest as i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on but i was quickly put off the idea when told i was without doubt an F5 and would have no chance of getting in :thumbdown:

Darren Boyle
27-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Top 15........I wish!!! The highest was I ever got was about 23rd in 4wd one year and 30 somthing in 4wd the following year, 2wd nowhere every year!!! I missed the bit in Nicks post about top 15 and took it that it was a ruling for all ex F1's, but this wont affect me.

Al3xis007
27-03-2008, 08:11 PM
does anyone know what the silverstone tracks gonna be like on the 6th. rumers say some astro/multi surface is planned but whats it gonne be for the regional???????????

Al3xis007
27-03-2008, 08:15 PM
i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on

if you just want to enter 2 they would rather have ppl doing all 6 2wd and 4wd, save ppl treking miles for one class and being reserve in the other

jim76
27-03-2008, 08:19 PM
I have e-mailed Keith so will post up the response but i can't see why i won't be an F3 - Unless it only applies for the following year or something daft???

It's annoyed me to be honest as i was serious about entering at least one of the Nat's just to see how i got on but i was quickly put off the idea when told i was without doubt an F5 and would have no chance of getting in :thumbdown:

i wonder if this rule change came in after they calculated last years formulas? They usually work out the formulas after the last national so they can take out the F1's and national F2's etc. They may have worked it out before the AGM rule changes, or they may not have been aware of the change which is more likely.

As far as regionals go it will be simple. Just put F3 on your entries or ability 9/10 and they will change you on the system to a higher heat.

GPS1
27-03-2008, 09:15 PM
We've been working on the track at Silverstone this week. Due to the usual poor weather we haven't been able to get the new astroturf down in time!! Sorry!!
We're back there again tomorrow to finish the track layout and grass cutting(Yes I said 'GRASS'!), the track will then be rolled flat on Saturday and cut twice more before Sunday 6th April. I'll post some shots of the track for all to see tomorrow. We've moved the main straight over by approx. 6ft, giving us all new fresh grass to run on and increased the length to around 35m with fast sweeping entrance/exit corners.
We have also moved/increased the rest of the track making 10-15% bigger. This has ment with the new layout there are no areas of the track without grass on!
Hope that clears things up a bit?!

Nick Goodall
28-03-2008, 08:40 AM
It's been confirmed to me that i am in fact an F3, pheeeew