PDA

View Full Version : legal car internals

B3.is.King
11-01-2012, 01:51 PM
as i was thinking of poping along this summer with my son to race at heazel.

i was wondering would i have to get a BRCA membership before my first go racing or would i be able to try a couple of meetings with my son to see if he likes it before spending out?

also would we have to change our old brushed motors & lipo batteries to something from the BRCA legal lists? or is this not applicable to club level racing...

Robocop
11-01-2012, 04:12 PM
You will be fine with brushed motors quite a few people still run them there as for the other not sure but i would think it would not be a problem

manpossessed
16-01-2012, 09:08 PM
You are covered by the clubs BRCA for your first three meetings so you do not need to join before you race, but it is well worth having it if you continue racing. The usual rule of thumb with the cars internals are that no-one will complain until you beat them!
Feel free to ask for advice but probably not from me as I am a touring car boy! :thumbsup:

Gary
Club Secretary

B3.is.King
16-01-2012, 09:24 PM
ha i like the comment "The usual rule of thumb with the cars internals are that no-one will complain until you beat them!" its soo true...

what sort of motors are regulars ata the club running?? are here any set classes? or is it a sort of run what you brung affair?

coolcars782
16-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Theirs no set classes :) most of us run stuff like 6.5 - 10.5's :)

manpossessed
19-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Classes are generally 2wd buggies, but there are some guys looking at 4wd buggies as well for 2012. What Carl means is that there are no motor limits. If you are buying new then it would be worth looking at the BRCA list in case you want to race elsewhere, if you have a car already bring it and run it.

Don't forget to ask what tyres the off road boys run.

Gary