PDA

View Full Version : who would come?

racingdwarf
13-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Hi all.

Going to have a chat with club members and then our new EOE man:thumbsup:

It would be good to hold a regional at NBC.But a question I need to ask after the chat that we had at the 1st EOE agm, WHO WOULD COME?

Most of the clubs are in south norfolk/sulfolk and within 30min ish drive of each other,then there is us, a good 2hour 100+ mile round trip from the nearest club in the region,so I understand if most drivers would decide to give ours a miss due to costs etc

If people honestly don't want to come I would rather know now,so I will save money with BRCA membership, sorting a loan AMB system etc

Be honest,don't post YES because you feel it's the right thing to do...then not bother comming on the day.

After chatting with some of the lads from costal who seemed to feel most drivers wouldn't bother with the trip.

If were to be offred a regional this is:blush:

I also understand that BEN and a few others are banned from crossing into Norfolk.....but if you will do that sort of thing with sheep:woot:

Dave

kaylon
14-01-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not a very competitive person but I'd take part for sure. I'm hoping to try and make as many rounds as possible this year. It's the first chance I've had to loose at a regional level :thumbsup:

I'm in the situation where I'm about 2 hours (one way... 3-4 hour round trip) from any track...

I feel that just cause a track is more then 30-40 mins drive away from where you live or local track it's a pretty lazy and appathetic exscuse not to take part and have fun.

Traveling a wee bit is all part of the fun for me :D makes it a proper adventure. Granted trekking 300 miles across to Wales for the next Micros round is a bit far heheh... but I might do some Micro racing eventually.

I think it can only be a good thing to spread a regional event around the region :thumbsup:. And NBC is in the region...

J

TEMsport
14-01-2012, 12:05 PM
This should make for interesting reading and hopefully help with deciding on venues.
Just a little food for thought or maybe throwing a spanner in the works but there is 2 potential tracks up for holding a round in Norfolk!!

kaylon
14-01-2012, 12:18 PM
This should make for interesting reading and hopefully help with deciding on venues.
Just a little food for thought or maybe throwing a spanner in the works but there is 2 potential tracks up for holding a round in Norfolk!!

Excellent...the more choice the better :D

I know that not every club can host, or even would want to host but it's awesome to see people Like Dave and of course all the other clubs willing to take part and make regional rounds much more rewarding and much more fun.

J

JohnM
14-01-2012, 04:30 PM
For me it all depends on the dates really, if I can get the night off work, I'll go pretty much anywhere including Norfolk, think I still have that stick-on third ear and 6th finger to cross the border:lol:

If I have to work that night, I have to take into account on finish times etc to see if I'd go.

almunro
14-01-2012, 04:36 PM

Pretty sure Dave is meaning to hold it at his track, Norfolk Buggy Club mate. Has 1/8 and 1/10 tracks.

Alex

jcb
17-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by TEMsport http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=607236#post607236)

TEMsport http://www.oople.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=607236#post607236)

Pretty sure Dave is meaning to hold it at his track, Norfolk Buggy Club mate. Has 1/8 and 1/10 tracks.

Alex

Alex

I think you'll find there is another club in Norfolk that could host a regional, rather than the fact that NBC has two tracks at it's facility.

Personally I think the venues should be spread evenly over the region, and feel that racers who want to support the series will attend the race meetings where ever they are hosted.

No. 46
17-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I probably wouldn't.

I have three very good clubs within 20 minutes from mine which offer supurb facilities, tracks and competetion.

All credit to the NBC lads who made the oppsing journeys last season, but it doesn't do it for me.

racingdwarf
17-01-2012, 05:57 PM
honest answear, thank you and TBH I feel what most will do once the season is in full swing

Dufty07
19-01-2012, 02:32 AM
But are any of them 100% dirt, we have a technical grass track, and a dirt track, which is soooo nice and makes a nice change from grass or astro.
Not to influence anyone but if we do have a regional at nbc I will give out FREE lap dances.....:D

JohnM
19-01-2012, 06:49 AM
But are any of them 100% dirt, we have a technical grass track, and a dirt track, which is soooo nice and makes a nice change from grass or astro.
Not to influence anyone but if we do have a regional at nbc I will give out FREE lap dances.....:D

I've got to say that I probably wouldn't travel up to NBC for a regional on the dirt track, nothing against a dirt track, would love to have a go sometime, just that it's such a change from grass that it would be a throw away round before I even get there.

Plus Carl, the last lap dance I got from you, wasn't up to much, you need more practice:lol:

wrighty
29-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Im not sure waiting for dates as am commited to 1/8th nationals but want to do as many rounds as posible