PDA

View Full Version : Brushless questions

tdi250
15-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Hello peeps, i've just got back into 1/10th buggies after a 15 year break and I need some help!

I've bought a mad rat and intend racing at club and regional level later on, just like I used to 15 years ago!

I'm running on some old brushed equipment a the mo which isn't too bad cos it was good stuff back in the day but obviously i'm slower than the brushless kit now! My question is what would be a good motor size and ESC to go for to run in the rat at regional level without breaking the bank?

I'm hoping not to spend to much over 100 quid if possible but will stretch it if needs be. I'm a little confused about the Amp rating on the ESC and how to determine which motors this will let me run on it?

Cheers
Wes

CrashBangWallop
15-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Best to go for something that's freely available and 'future proofed' ( for now ).
Hobbywing XERUN 120A V2.1 and the LCD program box.
Or
Tekin RS PRO and Hotwire ( pc link )

Alan Reeves
15-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I was in a similar position a few weeks back, I went for the hobbywing + programming box at just over £100 compared to double that for the tekin package.
Unfortunately not had the chance to run it yet as it was faulty but as I bought it from the UK (giant cod) I expect it will be dealt with swiftly, it may seem like a good idea to save a few quid buying from ebay but my advice would be to use a uk based supplier as in my case ...you just never know!
You could always pick up a used motor from the sale section here to be going on with to keep the initial cost down.

tdi250
16-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the valuable advice guys. Any suggestions on how many turns the motor should be for club/regional stuff and also what amp rating the esc should be?