PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 22 Jan

jcb
16-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Hope you had a good days racing on the 15th.

Just wondered how much interest there is from this way to head down to Colchester on Sunday 22 as advertised in the East of England thread?

I've got a free weekend and was originally thinking of heading to NBC but want to know who might be going where as I may just follow the crowds!

kaylon
16-01-2012, 07:25 PM
It would be fun...but I can't this weekend. For one thing my car will probably be in bits over that weekend...waiting for it's new parts :D

I'd have liked to though, sounds fun.

J

racingdwarf
16-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Yer, had read that thred and the idea was starting to roll around the back of my mind,I think simon and carl were thinking of going to....could be a road trip to the deep south:lol:

alteredoggy
16-01-2012, 08:21 PM
could be a road trip to the deep south:lol:
have you had all your jabs,got visas sorted etc :lol::lol::lol:
was thinking of wandering down that way myself, have a look see at the new track

Dandare
16-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Would this be to 'av a go round the track to gain opinions or just to have a look ? Mmmm...

I might have been interested in going to NBC as a mate has purchased a Mad Monkey brushless (well, i bought it today so i hope he still wants it, lol) & did suggest to him that maybe we could use the facilities to give it a go, after asking of course :D

TEMsport
16-01-2012, 09:27 PM
The track will be open from 9am till dark for as much practice, racing, track tweaking of the new track ,general bashing and R/c banter!!
Come down early or after lunch, would be great to meet you guys and possibly organise similar meet up at your track before the season starts???

Tom

jcb
17-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Am half thinking it's almost worth running this as a two way thing, with Colchester hosting this round and NBC hosting something similar in February. That's if everyone is up for it :thumbsup:

Would help to get a general feeling of interest in region for 1/10th and also our new regional rep would get to meet a large proportion of the racers in North and South of the region before the season gets underway.

Having said that I'd like to know if Colchester is going to be run as a meeting with heats and finals. It's almost a 200 mile round trip, and if it's just bashing round the track I won't be making the journey. For a race meeting I'll travel anywhere in the country, for bashing it has to be local!

TEMsport
17-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Craig Woods will be race director.
practice 9am first race on the line 10am then track will be open for practice till we are bored or it gets dark.

Dufty07
19-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Im up for it, would b good 2 try and claw back some pride after we (NBC) got our asses kicked in the club v club thingy:D
Plus my 4wd is FIXED so need the practice, anyone who wants to go but not sure where it is should ask someone else coz I dont know either (simon does d drivin)...:D

jcb
19-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Just to keep you all in the loop, I'm heading to Colchester at the weekend.

Dandare
19-01-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm up for this :thumbsup:

What's the meeting arrangement with us NBC chaps, meet on route, meet there ? If we meet there what time will you aim to arrive ?

BBC weather currently says sunny & rainy :eh?:

jcb
20-01-2012, 08:51 AM
I'm up for this :thumbsup:

What's the meeting arrangement with us NBC chaps, meet on route, meet there ? If we meet there what time will you aim to arrive ?

BBC weather currently says sunny & rainy :eh?:

I'll be there as close to nine as I can make it, racing is due to start at 10, need to get booked in and have a little practice too.

Not sure where you live but could meet on route if you want, a ClioSport convoy of two :D To get there I head A47 to Norwich, A140 through long stratton until you hit the A14 to Ipswich, then A12 to Colchester, the track is just past junction 25 sign posted Easthorpe, it's a little junction and easy to miss!!!

Dandare
21-01-2012, 01:03 AM
I turn left onto the A140 at the crossroads in the dip, about 4 miles before reaching the A14 roundabout. To get to the venue by 9am i'd be at that A140/A14 junction at 8:20ish. I'll maybe txt you nearer the time...

Dan.

racingdwarf
21-01-2012, 02:27 AM
I should be heading down the 140 around then to:thumbsup:.

Long as it's not to wet:thumbdown:

jcb
21-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Is that in Stoke Ash or the Debenham cross roads on the A1120?

Sounds like we'll all be on the same road around the same time, a text won't hurt mind you or ring if your parked up in a layby. I'll keep my eyes open for silver clio and Dave's truck!!

Dufty07
21-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Can I boro 1 of ure gold lipos please.:thumbsup:

racingdwarf
22-01-2012, 12:09 AM
YES:D