17-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Schumacher pre glued front tyres will they fit on a B4/X6 :confused:

MiCk B.
17-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Schumacher pre glued front tyres will they fit on a B4/X6 :confused:
Yes!

These fit straight on to to the B4..

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u6760_w.jpg
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Product_Category/Wheels_Tyres_and_Inserts/U6760.html

MiCk B. :-)

Sheepdog
17-01-2012, 08:03 PM
NB: if you are going to use Schumacher stagger ribs ya dont need to use an insert, but if you use the Schumacher cut staggers then you will need an insert,
but Pre-glued will come on rim unless you use Acetone to remove them from the Schumacher rims to fit them on Associated rims :thumbsup:

ian h
17-01-2012, 08:16 PM
NB: if you are going to use Schumacher stagger ribs ya dont need to use an insert, but if you use the Schumacher cut staggers then you will need an insert,
but Pre-glued will come on rim unless you use Acetone to remove them from the Schumacher rims to fit them on Associated rims :thumbsup:

Why? The pre glued cut stagger has an insert and is a straight fit. No need to do anything but add your wheel bearings.

davidmog99
17-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Can anyone confirm i can buy the above and they fit straight on a b4 please, without changing rims????
Otherwise I buy tyres and inserts and they glue on my b4 rims (after removing the old tyres)? Or alink to premounted tyres for b4 for indoor carpet please.

MiCk B.
17-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Can anyone confirm i can buy the above and they fit straight on a b4 please, without changing rims????
Otherwise I buy tyres and inserts and they glue on my b4 rims (after removing the old tyres)? Or alink to premounted tyres for b4 for indoor carpet please.

Yes,

What I've linked to above and the same in mini spike / pin (2wd type) will fit straight on to the B4.

arransmith27
17-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Yes, the Cougar wheels are a direct fit front and rear.

You also get a choice of wheel widths for the front (slim and regular widths)

TARTMAN
17-01-2012, 09:20 PM
I tried to fit the bearings into the B4 wheels and were to tight.:confused:

Yes, the Cougar wheels are a direct fit front and rear.

You also get a choice of wheel widths for the front (slim and regular widths)

MiCk B.
17-01-2012, 09:26 PM
I tried to fit the bearings into the B4 wheels and were to tight.:confused:
I found the same with the Schumacher wheel. But the kit b4 bearings do fit, just need to push them in a little!!

arransmith27
17-01-2012, 09:30 PM
I found the same with the Schumacher wheel. But the kit b4 bearings do fit, just need to push them in a little!!

Yeah, they fit quite tightly - but they do fit

I actually prefer the schumacher wheels to the associated ones.

davidmog99
17-01-2012, 09:37 PM
So cut staggers regular or slim on front?
Minipins rear? This is for 2wd on carpet. I went racing just after christmas and the fronts and rears say ballistic buggy on them. No grip at all on the rear. They came with the car (used) but dont look too worn. Part numbers for pre mounted tyres with inserts appreciated thanks. or part worns!

arransmith27
17-01-2012, 09:39 PM
B4 or X6?

A lot depends on the track and setup

arransmith27
17-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Definately mini pins (yellow) rear

TARTMAN
17-01-2012, 10:04 PM
yellow mini pins rear and saggers front for carpet on 2wd, mini pins all round for 4wd...
But i did try some dboots, a little sliding but not bad, and thet do a softer compund than i tried so thay might work better.

see what your local club guys run, thats the best advice, use what they use.

Definately mini pins (yellow) rear

davidmog99
17-01-2012, 10:44 PM
I went to a club practice meeting, was running my b4. I did see staggers on other 2wd cars.
I would prefer to buy pre mounted wheels and tyres, is this also possible with rears?

TARTMAN
17-01-2012, 10:56 PM
ditto

TARTMAN
17-01-2012, 10:56 PM
pre glued from many people, RClazy for one.

Why pre glued can i ask, its so easy to glue them, a few dabs of super glue on the inner rim and ya done. sure anyone a the local club will show you if ya worried. or theres vids on youtube of it.

but eiher way. the guys at ya club will always help, I am sure of that, the RC crowd are a friendly bunch! well, they are at shrccc lol.....;)

I went to a club practice meeting, was running my b4. I did see staggers on other 2wd cars.
I would prefer to buy pre mounted wheels and tyres, is this also possible with rears?

simon
20-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Hi,
is better to have regular width front wheels on a 2wd or the slim wheels?..could you use 4wd front wheels on the front of a 2wd?

TARTMAN
20-01-2012, 05:19 PM
4wd front different to 2wd front.
if using the staggers, slim front wheels are better, in my opinion.

Hi,
is better to have regular width front wheels on a 2wd or the slim wheels?..could you use 4wd front wheels on the front of a 2wd?